BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 10-11-2017, 11:33 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Robert Reich on FB posted the following:

Quote:
This morning I phoned my old friend, a Republican former member of Congress.
Me: So whatís up? Is Corker alone, or are others also ready to call it quits with Trump?
He: All I know is theyíre simmering over there.
Me: Flake and McCain have come pretty close.
He: Yeah. Others are thinking about doing what Bob did. Sounding the alarm. They think Trumpís nuts. Unfit. Dangerous.
Me: Well, they already knew that, didnít they?
He: But now itís personal. It started with the Sessions stuff. Jeff was as loyal as they come. Trumpís crapping on him was like kicking your puppy. And then, you know, him beating up on Mitch for the Obamacare fiasco. And going after Flake and the others.
Me: So they're pissed off?
He: Not just that. I mean, they have thick hides. The personal stuff got them to notice all the other things. The wild stuff, like those threats to North Korea. Tillerson would leave tomorrow if he wasnít so worried Trump would go nuclear, literally.
Me: You think Trump is really thinking nuclear war?
He: Who knows whatís in his head? But I can tell you this. Heís not listening to anyone. Not a soul. Heís got the nuclear codes and, well, it scares the hell out of me. Itís starting to scare all of them. Thatís really why Bob spoke up.
Me: So what could they do? I mean, even if the whole Republican leadership was willing to say publicly heís unfit to serve, what then?
He: Bingo! The emperor has no clothes. Itís a signal to everyone they can bail. Have to bail to save their skins. I mean, Trump could be the end of the whole goddam Republican party.
Me: If he starts a nuclear war, that could be the end of everything.
He: Yeah, right. So when they start bailing on him, the stage is set.
Me: For what?
He: Impeachment. 25th amendment.
Me: You think Republicans would go that far?
He: Not yet. Hereís the thing. They really want to get this tax bill through. Thatís all they have going for them. They donít want to face voters in í18 or í20 without something to show for it. Theyíre just praying Trump doesnít do something really, really stupid before the tax bill.
Me: Like a nuclear war?
He: Look, all I can tell you is many of the people I talk with are getting freaked out. Itís not as if thereís any careful strategizing going on. Not like, well, do we balance the tax bill against nuclear war? No, no. Theyíre worried as hell. Theyíre also worried about Trump crazies, all the ignoramuses heís stirred up. I mean, Roy Moore? How many more of them do you need to destroy the party?
Me: So whatís gonna happen?
He: You got me. Iím just glad Iím not there anymore. Trumpís not just a moron. Heís a despicable human being. And heís getting crazier. Paranoid. Unhinged. Everyone knows it. I mean, weíre in shit up to our eyeballs with this guy.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:51 AM

They are more concerned with ramming a tax reform bill through to help the 1% donors that they can gloat about in 2018 than stopping a paranoid schizophrenic with the nuclear codes who could start World War III. OK, got it.

They could get more accomplished with Pence at the helm who is a different kind of crazy but would probably get the McCain's and Collins and Murkowski's of the Senate to vote for his proposals.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:15 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
They are more concerned with ramming a tax reform bill through to help the 1% donors that they can gloat about in 2018 than stopping a paranoid schizophrenic with the nuclear codes who could start World War III. OK, got it.

They could get more accomplished with Pence at the helm who is a different kind of crazy but would probably get the McCain's and Collins and Murkowski's of the Senate to vote for his proposals.
The only way he goes is by the 25th amendment. The GOP Congress would never admit that they have been supporting a raving lunatic.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:41 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

President Trump served notice Thursday that he may pull back federal relief workers from Puerto Rico, effectively threatening to abandon the U.S. territory amid a staggering humanitarian crisis in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:34 PM
Enrico Ciccone's Blimpie Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
President Trump served notice Thursday that he may pull back federal relief workers from Puerto Rico, effectively threatening to abandon the U.S. territory amid a staggering humanitarian crisis in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.
Impeachment proceedings should immediately follow. Abdication of responsibility in the face of a humanitarian crisis should be grounds.

Something like half the island doesn't have drinking water yet and he's talking about pulling back. Stunning. Every time I think we've reached the nadir of his Presidency, he finds a new way to be a horrible human being and terrible leader.

We elected a combination of Nero, Marie Antoinette, and a dog turd.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
They know they'll get nowhere if they don't do the bidding of their corporate overlords who hold the purse strings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
He's probably still not convinced they're American citizens. Also, here's some goober saying that reports of people without water/food/communication are just fake news as there aren't enough people dead yet.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:21 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/13/politi...ump/index.html

Quote:
"I will tell you I left Texas and I left Florida and I left Louisiana and I went to Puerto Rico and I met with the President of the Virgin Islands," he told the audience of the Values Voter Summit in Washington.

"We are one nation and we all hurt together, we hope together and we heal together," he said, later adding, "The Virgin Islands and the President of the Virgin Islands, these are people that are incredible people, they suffered gravely and we're be there, we're going to be there, we have really, it is not even a question of a choice."

Trump appeared to be referring to Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp, instead of the "President" who is Trump himself. The Virgin Islands is a US territory.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:54 PM

As The Wire taught us, everyone "jukes the stats".

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-harvard-study

Quote:
Feldman used data from the Guardianís 2015 investigation into police killings, The Counted, and compared it with data from the National Vital Statistics System (NVSS). That dataset, which is kept by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), was found to have misclassified 55.2% of all police killings, with the errors occurring disproportionately in low-income jurisdictions.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:32 PM

Default This is why The Man in the High Castle should be watched imo

https://www.theatlantic.com/video/in...e-garden-1939/
Old 10-15-2017, 03:17 PM

Default Welfare Queens

https://www.thenation.com/article/he...-really-going/