BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 02-10-2008, 02:42 PM
chad's Avatar
chad chad is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,092
Default

Point taken, but you get good by playing. Which is what the original statement was, especially in light of the team's immediate playoff future.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Netminder Netminder is offline
Chainsaw Charlie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
Point taken, but you get good by playing. Which is what the original statement was, especially in light of the team's immediate playoff future.

Sorry, I forgot,you BP staffers have the albility to see the future,So you know they are going to miss the playoffs,You sure they got No chance, I'll call my bookie and make the bets,thanks.

BTW someone call the team and let them know it it over, BP said so.
No use in them throwing their bodied in front of anymore pucks,dont want effect their golf swings to much as their summer starts early this season.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-10-2008, 05:02 PM
timothy's Avatar
timothy timothy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nashville
Posts: 7,666
Send a message via Yahoo to timothy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
BTW someone call the team and let them know it it over, BP said so.
No use in them throwing their bodied in front of anymore pucks,dont want effect their golf swings to much as their summer starts early this season.
I think the team would say they've been doing that since November.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-10-2008, 06:49 PM
the_narrow_way's Avatar
the_narrow_way the_narrow_way is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 5,071
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
Sorry, I forgot,you BP staffers have the albility to see the future,So you know they are going to miss the playoffs,You sure they got No chance, I'll call my bookie and make the bets,thanks. BTW someone call the team and let them know it it over, BP said so. No use in them throwing their bodied in front of anymore pucks,dont want effect their golf swings to much as their summer starts early this season.
That's a bit strong, isn't it?

I've been following this team since game #1, and it pains me to see the downswing after the Cup, but this team, even if it miraculously makes the playoffs, is not going anywhere but down. They need to build up some steam again. Squeeking your way into the playoffs and getting routed again isn't going to help at all. It's time to face reality, and plan for the future.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Netminder Netminder is offline
Chainsaw Charlie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post
That's a bit strong, isn't it?

I've been following this team since game #1, and it pains me to see the downswing after the Cup, but this team, even if it miraculously makes the playoffs, is not going anywhere but down. They need to build up some steam again. Squeeking your way into the playoffs and getting routed again isn't going to help at all. It's time to face reality, and plan for the future.

So you think the team should give up,the 07-08 season is over,OK by me if that is what you want from team,fine with me,But I PAID MY Money for 82 Games,and when they came and ask me for they didn't say "Oh btw if we struggle abit towards the end, we just gonna try to build some steam".

Damn it man if they had told me that, I would have only bought 10 pack.

Try Damn it ,the only thing I have ask is TRY,that is all I have ever ask of this team is Try,Win Lose or Draw. They can build all the 'Steam" they want in the off-season.

I pay to see them try,and that is all I paid to see them do.

Wonder what Dave Andreychuk, would have had to say if they told him,We just gonna build some steam.

Not trying to down you,but when Fans stop holding team to the fire,when you except half-ass effort,you get what you ask for.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-10-2008, 08:47 PM
CTLightning26 CTLightning26 is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,504
Default

You know what? as BB would say
Netminder, nobody WANTS to give up on the season. I would rather make the playoffs. I'm still holding out hope, but I don't want us to be foolish and keep the whole team while we're 7-8 points out -- with four teams to jump over and a ton of road games -- with 20 games left. I think that is just what everyone is saying.
It seems, although it's hard to understand your writing sometimes, that not playing Holmer is giving up? Holmer has been so great? Come on.
Ramo has given his team a chance to win in about 10 of his 11 starts. Taking out two of his wins against the Rangers and Vancouver and he has had a whole 15 goals of support in the other nine. (he didn't start the debacle with Ottawa)
As far as the money you spent on tickets? It's still live hockey. I would kill to be able to go to games. What would you rather have? A team playing out the string, or the chance to see some of our prospects come up and play a little or prospects we might have acquired in trades?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-11-2008, 12:13 AM
Bolthed's Avatar
Bolthed Bolthed is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gainesvegas!
Posts: 4,934
Default

Still firmly in last place in the East. THAT is reality.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-11-2008, 07:02 AM
Netminder Netminder is offline
Chainsaw Charlie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Still firmly in last place in the East. THAT is reality.
STILL not out of the chase,That is also a reality,At least for those who Don't want to give up.

"Here to us and those like us,DAMN FEW LEFT"
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-11-2008, 08:39 AM
Jester47's Avatar
Jester47 Jester47 is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,399
Send a message via AIM to Jester47
Default

Well, Netminder, I guess I can admire your us against the world, or at least the rest of the boards poster’s, attitude but the reality of the situation is: We are 7 pts out and the Caps are 3 out of their last 5. I’m not saying that it’s impossible but I just don’t see the Caps stumbling that bad down the stretch and that is the only shot the Lightning have of getting in. Also, I don’t see it as giving up because as a fan I’m in for the long haul, if not making the pay-offs this year makes us a better team next year, so be it.

That being said, I’ll still watch/attend games ‘cos it like the old pizza analogy, even bad pizza is better than no pizza (I know that is generally use with something else but it works here too).

Last edited by Jester47; 02-11-2008 at 08:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-11-2008, 10:18 AM
chad's Avatar
chad chad is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
Sorry, I forgot,you BP staffers have the albility to see the future,So you know they are going to miss the playoffs,You sure they got No chance, I'll call my bookie and make the bets,thanks.

BTW someone call the team and let them know it it over, BP said so.
No use in them throwing their bodied in front of anymore pucks,dont want effect their golf swings to much as their summer starts early this season.
Nice shot.

Obviously I HOPE they get on a run here they so far haven't shown the ability of having... and leapfrog 4 teams to win the division or 7 teams to get an 8th seed... then I will hope they can steal a round of the playoffs....

But if you are planning a Cup parade, by all means. Don't let me stop you, buddy.

No need to notify the team. The fact they've begun talks with Boyle now instead of after they've officially been eliminated from the playoff race is telling.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.