BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 11-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Does this mean Ranger is coming back?

I would rather them have another forward..I would assume they just are gonna wait til they come back to play Atlanta and Carolina...or is a trade in the works?
Old 11-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLightning26 View Post
Does this mean Ranger is coming back?

I would rather them have another forward..I would assume they just are gonna wait til they come back to play Atlanta and Carolina...or is a trade in the works?
Goligoski is hurt in Pittsburgh...hmm
Old 11-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Cooper's Law

The team we need to zero in on is the Dallas Stars. They are a perfect match.

Their defense is thin, virtually nameless, lacking talent and the fans and media are already lining up a simple spare winger-for-defenseman trade.

That spare winger is Fabian Brunnstrom, a big, very fast, talented, offensively gifted young Swede who also comes with a reputation for floating and not playing defense. Some think he just needs to get off of Dallas' third line and play with more talented linemates, and then he wouldn't lose interest or intensity as often as he currently does.

Regardless, he would be an incredible upgrade as our No. 6 forward to round out our scoring lines.

Can we get him with one of our "lesser" spare dmen or would it take a more complicated deal with multiple players or picks?
Old 11-17-2009, 02:20 PM

I think Dallas likes their young guys

Robidas
Daley
Skrastins
Grossman
Fistric
Niskanen
Visnievsky
Woywitka

unless guys are hurt, not sure they are a fit
Old 11-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
The fans and media are already lining up a simple spare winger-for-defenseman trade. That spare winger is Fabian Brunnstrom.
Repeating myself for CT.

Here's a link for you: Trading prospects can help a team such as the Dallas Stars

Quote:
Q: I've been feeling very uncomfortable with Fabian Brunnstrom lately. It's really frustrating to watch him play, because sometimes he just floats along, but other times these flashes of real talent come out of nowhere and he surprises everyone. Will he ever be more than a third-liner? How much patience will the Stars have in letting him fulfill his potential? I'm just afraid that if he is traded, it will be somewhere like Detroit, where he may flourish.

John

HEIKA: The problem with Brunnstrom is I believe he would be better served to play in a scoring position on a line with fellow skilled players. I just don't see that happening in Dallas, where Morrow, Eriksson, Benn and Neal seem to have the wings covered. That said, I think Brunnstrom has talent and can be an important part of the team. I also think he could be an important trade chip later if the Stars are looking for a defenseman or a right-handed right wing.
Heika isn't making this up. It's not that Dallas doesn't have some decent young dmen. It's that they know that they will need to upgrade their blueline at some point if they are to truly compete for a playoff spot in the west this season. You can't tell me that's an impressive defense corps. It's one of the thinnest and least talented in the NHL!

Last edited by Bolthed; 11-17-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:45 PM
BP Staff

Not sure we need someone soft as butter like Brunnstrom. Ideally, we'd get another Malone-type, IMO.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Repeating myself for CT.

Here's a link for you: Trading prospects can help a team such as the Dallas Stars

Heika isn't making this up. It's not that Dallas doesn't have some decent young dmen. It's that they know that they will need to upgrade their blueline at some point if they are to truly compete for a playoff spot in the west this season. You can't tell me that's an impressive defense corps. It's one of the thinnest and least talented in the NHL!
Not sure Krajieck would bring back Brunnstrom for one thing..I'd do it and take a chance on Brunnstrom's softness though..

So who would you like to trade them who is way better than Fistric, Grossman and Niskanen?

That's all Im saying..Heika seems to be making a point in his story that sometimes it's better to wait on these young d men...At least that's how I read it.

I haven't seen them much this year so I can't comment on how thin that d corps is..They are in the middle of the league in goals and shots against...Guess it depends on how much you like Grossman, Fistric and Niskanen..
They could certainly use a No. 1 guy.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Not sure we need someone soft as butter like Brunnstrom. Ideally, we'd get another Malone-type, IMO.
But if we could send them Krajicek and a pick for Brunnstrom right before or after the holiday trade freeze, wouldn't you take a flier on the kid? He'd be better than Chewie or Wright on a scoring line, and he certainly has great speed — enough to possibly make a big difference if he were with Lecavalier and Tanguay.

I think it'd be a solid low-risk move.

And CT, the Stars aren't necessarily going to go shopping for a No.1 dman because they probably wouldn't want to pay the price of a James Neal or Jamie Benn. But make no mistake they are getting by with that no-name d-corps. They know they will at least need a little more experience than Niskanen, Fistric, Grossman and Woywitka offer.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Default A Dilemma

Brunnstrom is an interesting case. Defensive liability but with a good potential offensive upside if you don't place him on the 4th line.

I had read during Brunnstrom's courtship with the NHL, he had a decided aversion to playing in the AHL and only wanted to sign if he got a roster spot on the big team.

But if you're going to round out Brunnstrom's game, it's almost a necessity that he spend some time in the minors to do this. If a deal was to go down, I would want this understood up front. No need trading for him and he packs up and flies back to Sweden or Russia. And anyway, Norfolk's not that bad of a place.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Chris Gratton's Ruby Slippers

Going to be at the Ads game on 11/27...I wonder if they'll still be there?