BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 02-29-2020, 06:38 AM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

Default Stamkos Injury

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything solid on Stamkos. I'm hearing it's something with his hip. Also hearing he's going to be dealing with it for rest of year and he's availability is in doubt. Hope that's incorrect.
Old 02-29-2020, 05:43 PM
BP Staff

Out 6-8 weeks. That means he'll likely miss at least part of the first round of the playoffs, by my count.
Old 02-29-2020, 07:18 PM
Snoozin' Zyuzin (aka Suddenly Susan)

sports hernia

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...ure-6-8-weeks/

that is a tough one to gain back because the thigh muscles are so vital to pushing off. Back on ice could be 6 weeks, but real Stammer is 10-12 weeks away. Hope he heads to Philly to get it done. Meyers in Philly is godfather beyond even what Andrews means to ortho sports medicine:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...njuries-120215

https://vincerainstitute.com/practic...william-meyers

Last edited by bolts37205; 02-29-2020 at 07:21 PM. Reason: missed link
Old 03-01-2020, 07:43 AM

They said he was having surgery in St Louis I think.

Healing time varies based upon the extent of the tear(s).

We will just have to wait until after surgery to see what they say.

10 weeks is through round 2 of playoffs if I am counting that correctly. Boys need to step up and get us through a couple rounds.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:36 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Coming back to play and coming back to play like Stamkos are two totally different things. Iíll be presently surprised if I see Stamkos anywhere near himself this year.

Ning nation was all over this last night. Trade him, heís always injured during the playoffs. Doesnít matter, he doesnít show up during the playoffs anyway and, my favorite, Cooper should be fired for not having the surgery sooner.
How to know if you are a patriot. 2004 - you eat freedom instead of French Fries. 2008 - you drive with a flag from your rear window. 2016 - you stand for the anthem. 2020- you sacrifice your mother for the economy.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:54 AM

From what I'm reading, the likelihood of him being at an elite level is very low for this year.

The only hope is that is more on the minor end of overall damage. If that's the case, there may be hope.

I'm hoping the fact that they didn't fully diagnose it may lead to the hope that it is more along the minor side.

Not really understanding why you would blame Cooper. He's not a doctor last I checked.

Last thought...winning a cup is really hard because of so many things. Injuries happen. Stammer unfortunately has a tendency to get hurt at the worst possible time, but I'm fairly certain he would rather be healthy. All we can do is hope for the best and maybe a 90% Stammer for rounds 3 and 4.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:59 AM

Crosby returned after 8 weeks and looked like he never missed a game. two-three years older than Stamkos.

Let's not "chicken little" this too soon.
Old 03-01-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Ning nation was all over this last night. Trade him, heís always injured during the playoffs. Doesnít matter, he doesnít show up during the playoffs anyway and, my favorite, Cooper should be fired for not having the surgery sooner.
Did they have their MAGA/KAG hats on?
Old 03-01-2020, 11:46 AM

They should've diagnosed this before the trade deadline. Then we could've pulled a Blackhawks and gotten an expensive top 6 talent for more scoring and gone over the cap without issue.
Old 03-01-2020, 12:37 PM

New favorite. This one from Leaves Nation.

This will now give Leafs home ice advantage, and now a better shot at 2nd round.
How to know if you are a patriot. 2004 - you eat freedom instead of French Fries. 2008 - you drive with a flag from your rear window. 2016 - you stand for the anthem. 2020- you sacrifice your mother for the economy.