BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 05-16-2020, 10:02 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
On that note, Costco’s Kirkland Irish Whisky is pretty f’ing super duper for $28 for a 1.75. On par with Jameson or Tullamore Dew.
And their Canadian whiskey @$16/1.5L is half price and right there with Crown Royal iMO. (funny how we talk about liquor in these times, eh? After all this, we’re going to have a bunch of amazing cooks, and a bigger group with a serious drinking problem

Last edited by Puckhead; 05-16-2020 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:19 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
And their Canadian whiskey @$16/1.5L is half price and right there with Crown Royal iMO. (funny how we talk about liquor in these times, eh? After all this, we’re going to have a bunch of amazing cooks, and a bigger group with a serious drinking problem
Can confirm. Food bill is waaay down (didn't realized we ate out as much as we did), and my beer and alcohol bill is waaay up. Also: the Kirkland's brand is well regarded amongst my fellow CPAs (a profession known for it's alcohol consumption as well as a level of frugality). High quality and low price. I know their Vodka is just relabeled Grey Goose. I assume their other alcohols are relabeling of much more expensive name brands as well.

Last edited by dannybolt; 05-16-2020 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-16-2020, 11:24 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
Can confirm. Food bill is waaay down (didn't realized we ate as much as we did), and my beer and alcohol bill is waaay up. Also: the Kirkland's brand is well regarded amongst my fellow CPAs (a profession known for it's alcohol consumption as well as a level of frugality). High quality and low price. I know their Vodka is just relabeled Grey Goose. I assume their other alcohols are relabeling of much more expensive name brands as well.
Can't speak to Kirkland brand as their are none in my area but I know the Member's Mark(Walmart/Sam's Club) brand liquors tend to be medium shelf variety(Jack Daniels, Grey Goose, Beefeater, etc) that they buy from the distillers when they have a batch that isn't quite up to their specifications(color is slightly off, smell is different, etc).
Old 05-16-2020, 02:36 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

Quote:
On that note, Costco’s Kirkland Irish Whisky is pretty f’ing super duper for $28 for a 1.75. On par with Jameson or Tullamore Dew.
Figures I can't find either that or the Canadian brand here. I've seen the bourbon but I heard it was pretty bad.

Their golden margarita bottle (with the tequila included, not the wine mix sold inside the basic store) is also highly underrated, and at $9.99 you can't beat the price.
Old 05-16-2020, 02:44 PM

And it seems the Trump wing of the GOP(read: the fascist wing) is pivoting to try and get McConnell to hold the "Russian hoaxers" in Senate and Congress accountable for the "hoax".

I'm actually in favor of this because it give less time on the calendar for him to shove more Federalist dick suckers onto the courts for their lifetime appointments and gives the sane more ammo to unseat him and his colleagues in November.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I’ll have to check that out. The store in Wesley Chapel was stocked to the rafters with scotch; not my favorite but the demographics in the area demand it. Seems it is the liquor of choice of South Asians and the area has a high population. They had $1500 Macallan in stock.

Over 50% of scotch is exported to India.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:22 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
And it seems the Trump wing of the GOP(read: the fascist wing) is pivoting to try and get McConnell to hold the "Russian hoaxers" in Senate and Congress accountable for the "hoax".

I'm actually in favor of this because it give less time on the calendar for him to shove more Federalist dick suckers onto the courts for their lifetime appointments and gives the sane more ammo to unseat him and his colleagues in November.
Agree on both counts. Moscow going after “hoaxers” doesn’t give he or Trump one additional vote in November. If anything, it’s a loser. And yes, tie up the Senate with that crap so that he F’s up the calendar for future federal judgeship appointments. Unbelievable how politically stupid the GOP is whilst entranced with the grabber. (My suspicion is that Moscow is not quite that stupid, but we’ll see)

Last edited by Puckhead; 05-16-2020 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-16-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Agree on both counts. Moscow going after “hoaxers” doesn’t give he or Trump one additional vote in November. If anything, it’s a loser. And yes, tie up the Senate with that crap so that he F’s up the calendar for future federal judgeship appointments. Unbelievable how politically stupid the GOP is whilst entranced with the grabber. (My suspicion is that Moscow is not quite that stupid, but we’ll see)
If the loudest voices(aka Trump) keep pushing for it he'll have to throw them a bone in order to stave off their wrath because all they know is either fealty or backstabbing.

Problem is, any bone he throws has a lit fuse attached to it and Trump is definitely going to bring it back to him to keep throwing it.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:47 AM

Texas reopened from the Coronavirus on May 5. Typical incubation period is 7-14 days. Yesterday, day 11, the state recorded 1,801 new cases, setting a new record. Their previous high was 1,400.

Who could have seen that coming?
Old 05-17-2020, 09:50 AM

By a 3:1 margin, millennials say preserving life is more important than the economy.

Baby boomers are 55-45, reopen the economy even if it means more deaths.

That one puzzled me.