BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 11-19-2018, 07:37 AM
XO Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Maybe after last year being so incredibly incendiary at the start and then so utterly neutered at the finish, hes pacing himself? Not to be an apologist, but I wont be mad if he has a 2.5-month hot streak at the end of this season and into the playoffs and it ends with a Cup.

And for the record, my criticism isnt a permanent judgement. Its just what Im seeing right now. He could catch fire this week and be among the league scoring leaders in a flash. In fact, if this is his floor ... when hes off ... well, that point-per-game head up the ass is actually pretty impressive.
The only player avg 3 shots per game is Stamkos with 63 in 20.
MacD has 39 shots
Yanni has 42
Joseph and Cirelli are 32-35
Kuch 300 passes to empty space and 50 shots on net.
Hedman 60 passes to the opponents and 30 shots on net.

We are now at 82% on the PK falling back to some reality. When Hedman returned we were in a virtual tie for tops in the league 95%. Our loss was the second best defensive player in Stralhman who went down with an injury.

We can continue to win some games because we have a boatload of Offensive talent and two Defensive players - MacD and Starlhman.
Pleasantly pleased with the development of Sergachev under Coburns tutelage. Serg is another "O" defensive player but if someone can take the time and teach him he could be devastating on the "D" side using his speed and size.

I'll throw this our for some chum - We are playing terrible hockey and winning a lot of games. Showing up for the 2nd and 3rd periods on occasion. Not starting games on time is our MO. Taking numerous shifts off -----

To me that comes down to two factors - Leadership on the team (Captain where art tho) and coaching. The head coach IMO is happy many a nights with our participation in a game. Damn there is many a night I'd like to see some of Tort's anger thrown at the players calling a spade a spade versus the goody two show's approach.

How about Quenville? He's available and those bs starts would stop quickly. He would drool to have this pool of talent to coach and get a few more cups to add to his mantel. Our do we just continue to go along with the Participation Trophy's everyone seems to be so happy with? Well dang man we made the ECF 3 times and a Cup Final once blah blah blah blah. With this talent IMO there should be at least 2 cups of Stanley sitting on the shelf were it not for incompetence at the coaching level.

Just Asking!
Old 11-19-2018, 07:38 AM
Captain Poke Check

I don't say he won't get points but this "funk" he is in has lasted now for almost a year. He will show occasional spurts of great play but that's all we are getting. You can't tell me that when you see Kuch at the blue line you don't cringe. How many times this season alone you see him there and bamm there is the turnover an odd man rush against and a mad scramble to get everyone else back in the play. If you want to say elite fine. But elite is McDavid, Matthews, Ovie, Crosby, Malkin those are elite players. Kuch is ONE of the better RW in the league.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:53 AM
Tim Taylor's WrapAround

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbolt View Post
To me that comes down to two factors - Leadership on the team (Captain where art tho) and coaching. The head coach IMO is happy many a nights with our participation in a game. Damn there is many a night I'd like to see some of Tort's anger thrown at the players calling a spade a spade versus the goody two show's approach.

How about Quenville? He's available and those bs starts would stop quickly. He would drool to have this pool of talent to coach and get a few more cups to add to his mantel. Our do we just continue to go along with the Participation Trophy's everyone seems to be so happy with? Well dang man we made the ECF 3 times and a Cup Final once blah blah blah blah. With this talent IMO there should be at least 2 cups of Stanley sitting on the shelf were it not for incompetence at the coaching level.

Just Asking!
What I don't understand is how do we know what Cooper says to the players away from the camera? We act like we know he just pats the guys on the back and says "good game - we won". I don't believe that at all. We wouldn't be tied for first place in the league if the coach didn't have control of his team.

I think it's attitude problems with the guys that aren't producing. Do you really think Cooper doesn't see what Kuch is doing on the ice? I would get rid of Kuch before Cooper - he is going to have that attitude with whatever team he plays for. I think he needs to be sat down and read the riot act NOW or we will see this for the next eight years!

This is just my opinion - I don't think even if you brought in a new coach, some of the players would play differently - I think it's all in their heads!