BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 06-03-2020, 05:30 PM
BP Staff

Mattis just came out against Trump.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...zation/612640/

The Republican civil war cometh, and it cometh real soon. Vote Trump out in November and watch the establishment and the alt-right wipe each other out.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:42 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick9911 View Post
Who is to say the prosecutor - unless Keith Ellison handles this himself - won't fuck up like Angela Corey did with Zimmerman? I don't think the risk is worth the slight reward, no.
Ellison said in the press conference that he would not be the prosecutor. He said that he had no experience in prosecutions but that he could help the team as he has experience being on the other side and could help them identify how the case would be attacked.

The consensus from the interviewed legal team was that this would help get a compromise verdict of murder 3. They felt that the jury wouldn’t convict on the highest charge, but would convict on the next charge below. So by adding the murder 2 charge, they would get murder 3. If they didn’t add the charge, they would drop to manslaughter.

But as the City Attorney liked to tell me, I only graduated from Dave’s auto mechanic and law school.

Last edited by Donnie D; 06-03-2020 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:54 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Well, It’s official: Three alt righters in Vegas have been arrested En route to lobbing Molotovs at a protest. Won’t see this on Faux News. https://apnews.com/6223153093f08fa910c4ab445771b773
Old 06-03-2020, 06:04 PM

Trump holds a one point lead over Joe Biden in Texas, according to a new poll Wednesday. The Quinnipiac University poll showed Trump leading 44-43.

That’s a ton of undecideds and those will probably go red. But if Trump has to spend money defending Texas, that’s money he won’t have in Michigan.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:39 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Trump holds a one point lead over Joe Biden in Texas, according to a new poll Wednesday. The Quinnipiac University poll showed Trump leading 44-43.

That’s a ton of undecideds and those will probably go red. But if Trump has to spend money defending Texas, that’s money he won’t have in Michigan.
Fox News poll out tonight has Biden winning by 9 in Wisconsin and smaller leads in Arizona (+4) and Ohio (+2).

Monday evening was VERY scary, but I’ve had a growing feeling the past two days that, even though these next five months will continue to be totally insane, something really good may come out of all this madness.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:02 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Fox News poll out tonight has Biden winning by 9 in Wisconsin and smaller leads in Arizona (+4) and Ohio (+2).

Monday evening was VERY scary, but I’ve had a growing feeling the past two days that, even though these next five months will continue to be totally insane, something really good may come out of all this madness.
I believe if Biden takes both MI and PA (very likely), he only needs to win one of those you mentioned. (Or additionally FL).
Old 06-03-2020, 07:06 PM
BP Staff

So... haha... the version of the Bible that Trump held up at his photo op is a “liberal” translation of the Bible that most evangelical conservatives find offensive. So, he can’t even get his theocratic fascist displays of power right.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...-church-stunt/
Old 06-03-2020, 07:15 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
So... haha... the version of the Bible that Trump held up at his photo op is a “liberal” translation of the Bible that most evangelical conservatives find offensive. So, he can’t even get his theocratic fascist displays of power right.

This is just too delicious. Somebody ask Jeffress and Graham for a comment. Or not.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:18 PM

Quote:

I think he picked it up by mistake when he was in the hotel room with Stormy Daniels.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:25 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Ellison said in the press conference that he would not be the prosecutor. He said that he had no experience in prosecutions but that he could help the team as he has experience being on the other side and could help them identify how the case would be attacked.

The consensus from the interviewed legal team was that this would help get a compromise verdict of murder 3. They felt that the jury wouldn’t convict on the highest charge, but would convict on the next charge below. So by adding the murder 2 charge, they would get murder 3. If they didn’t add the charge, they would drop to manslaughter.

But as the City Attorney liked to tell me, I only graduated from Dave’s auto mechanic and law school.
That makes a lot of sense, actually. Jeez, step away to cook and I miss this, Mattis, and Jimmy Carter (!!). Trump is gonna have himself an epic toilet tweet tantrum tonight.