BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 10-21-2018, 06:19 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Hopefully, that enthusiasm carries all the way to Nevada. I canvassed yesterday in a 90% Hispanic neighborhood. Based on the 15% of I and D folks that were at home and chose to open the door, the enthusiasm is there. Many of them are early voting (started yesterday) at many convenient polling places. Rosen needs a good turnout to defeat Heller, and Sisolak and Laxalt are in a dead heat for Gov. Based on what I heard and felt yesterday, I'm optimistic. And of course, what happens in Clark Co/Vegas is going to dictate what happens statewide.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:49 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

That caravan of 5,000 is really scary! That’s about 25% of what Amalie holds every night the Lightning play at home.

Be very afraid, that mob (yuge, almost as many as at International Mall today) are coming to git ya’ll.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:56 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
Hopefully, that enthusiasm carries all the way to Nevada. I canvassed yesterday in a 90% Hispanic neighborhood. Based on the 15% of I and D folks that were at home and chose to open the door, the enthusiasm is there. Many of them are early voting (started yesterday) at many convenient polling places. Rosen needs a good turnout to defeat Heller, and Sisolak and Laxalt are in a dead heat for Gov. Based on what I heard and felt yesterday, I'm optimistic. And of course, what happens in Clark Co/Vegas is going to dictate what happens statewide.
As you probably know, Jon Ralston is the king of Nevada political reporters...

Evidently in the first day of early voting the Democrats slayed in in both Clark AND Washoe Counties.

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/s...34345922801664

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/s...79074802753536

They're running kind of lackluster candidates in Rosen and Laxalt, but Reid built a turnout machine in Nevada that's, frankly, Death Star-like.