BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 05-03-2018, 12:02 AM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Boston may be strategically screwed. They took the Bergeron line away from the Point line and the Point line absolutely feasted. By the end of the First Period they were putting the Bergeron line, deliberately, out on Point's because that's the only line that can skate with them. Problem is (for them) if those two lines cancel they don't have the depth to beat Tampa Bay even with the Stamkos line sleeping.
Fortunately for Coop, he doesn't have to match up with the B's defensive alignment. Chara's long stick is effective against some bigger. slower guys. Lightning don't have many of them. Miller is a banger, and none of the Bolts are afraid to get "banged" (take a hit to make a play). McAvoy is a difference maker, but he can't play 25+ minutes because he is just not big or strong enough to play those minutes. So, you have Cirelli/Paguette line PLUS the PPG line, and Cassidy has real problems.. Not "matchup" problems, just problems. Now, Kuch and Miller look OK to me. Stammer--I think he's functioning at 50% or less. It'll be no surprise to any of us if and when we find out there were substantial issues with his body. So, let the Bruins punk it up to the max. Gourde, or Point, or Palat, or Kuch or somebody will make them pay. That was as satisfying a victory as I've seen in a very long time. And I don't think the guys will rest on it. They smell Bruins blood, and they like the taste of it.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:07 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Tonight reminded me a lot of the Rangers series.
Games 5/7 against the Rangers and the game tonight were all championship-level performances, but I think this win was probably better than those because its the Bruins and we all hate them.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:39 AM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBolt View Post
That’s one of the best away wins in team history.
THIS!!!! What more needs to be said... well, for me, this - Kuch, if your not going to score goals for the love of god stop turning over the puck...
Old 05-03-2018, 08:24 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

One of the best games, if not the best, I have seen this group play.

I am just loving the Callahan/Paguette/Kunitz line.

The problem going into the play offs for the Bruins was they have only one line, and they had the late schedule going against them to end the season. With each game it looks like the schedule is catching up to them as they look slower and slower each game. With our speed and if the Bruins can not make adjustments and win Friday they very well may be calling the pro shop for a tee time next week.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:05 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Our guys are smart. They identified Krug and Marchand as guys that could be physically overwhelmed and we've seen those two completely rattled and frustrated. Krug especially looks like his game is totally shafted

Our top line still needs to start clicking if we want to ultimately be successful
Old 05-03-2018, 10:16 AM
The Bulin Wall

Being up 2-1 feels good. I want everyone to stay healthy, Kucherov to stop turning over the puck and for Stamkos to be Stamkos.

What a great win.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:28 AM
XO Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerOfGlove View Post
Being up 2-1 feels good. I want everyone to stay healthy, Kucherov to stop turning over the puck and for Stamkos to be Stamkos.

What a great win.
This was the team we saw during the early part of the year. I've no clue as to where they were the last 4+ months but this was a clinical dissection of the Bruins. They are stunned, looking over their shoulders, can't keep up with the speed and Cassidy has a deer in the headlight look.

Gotta Love it - Go Bolts
Old 05-03-2018, 10:31 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

I'm impressed how the defense looks so much better than they did the majority of the season as the offense just tried to outscore everyone. Now Vasi is not facing 40+ shots a game and the D is clearing out the front of the net reasonably well. We are banging them back for every hit they give us and the finesse team label does not apply this series. Praying it continues the next 3-4 games...
Old 05-03-2018, 10:32 AM
XO Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerOfGlove View Post

What a great win.
The second part of the conversation all this win did was get us home ice back. I think it is imperative to snap there backs come Friday night and take all semblance of life out of these miscreants who prance around like they are special.

We need the next game IMHO.....

GoBolts
Old 05-03-2018, 10:54 AM
Cooper's Law

I think TB's physical play was the biggest surprise for BOS and a big factor in disrupting their game. They were expecting to walk over TB and rough them up but BOS has been getting served more than they've been doing the serving.