BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 04:02 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
They call whatever they choose. Rule book be damned.

I hate the "let em play" playoff bullshit. Why have rules that only apply in certain circumstances?
My exact feelings
Old 05-25-2016, 05:56 PM

The hockey central guys went off today with Kyper saying that there was no way that the reps could have seen on an iPad that both skates weren't touching. McLean said that Pittsburgh got 2 goals on the 2 dumbest rules in hockey.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:17 PM
BP Staff

Yes. The offside rule makes no sense on any level and the delay of game rule is a fake penalty designed to artificially inflate power play chances that has nothing to do with delaying the run of play.

The offside rule needs to be liberalized now that there's replay so it doesn't become as stupid as the NFL's "what constitutes a catch" rule, and the delay of game penalty just needs to be made a judgment call again. Only a fool would think Hedman deliberately cleared a puck 200 feet out of play to delay the game.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:22 PM
Cooper's Law

The offsides thing irked me but not calling a penalty at least for Murray throwing his stick really makes me mad. Then they topped it off with that BS call on Stralman for interference. That situation should never result in a penalty if the check is clean. The puck went right under the PIT stick, it's not Stralman's fault they didn't touch it. It was a textbook clean center ice hit.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:07 AM
XO Sniper

I have not seen this on the site so I'll share the info.

The two refs who called the game Tuesday Dwyer and Hallarhan have been on the ice as refs for all 5 losses by the Bolts.
Tuesday's game was the first they worked together in this series. Our records with each Dwyer 0 - 4 Hallarhan 0 - 2 with the last being together our 5 losses.

I would look to see who the refs are going to be. It was obvious from the drop of the puck the ice was tilted from the official's point of view early in the game.
Did not help that Hedman put on the Dunce Cap with the grand slam into the net 200 feet away to provide the 5 - 3. Also, we once again gave away a last second goal at the end of the 2nd to make it 3 - 0. Our "D" in this series has been less than spectacular and to help Vassy as he does not handle the puck we need to see that tonight.

I would like to see one game were they come to play the entire 60 minutes in this series. That has not been present at all and being we are 3 - 3 one game would do it. They are capable but do they have the will that will be answered early this evening.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Yes. The offside rule makes no sense on any level and the delay of game rule is a fake penalty designed to artificially inflate power play chances that has nothing to do with delaying the run of play.

The offside rule needs to be liberalized now that there's replay so it doesn't become as stupid as the NFL's "what constitutes a catch" rule, and the delay of game penalty just needs to be made a judgment call again. Only a fool would think Hedman deliberately cleared a puck 200 feet out of play to delay the game.
I agree on the offsides but completely disagree on the delay of game. The Reason We feel/Have been completely screwed by the refs is the fact that they allow all of this grey area in the rules. So a penalty could be a penalty once then 5 minutes later they decide no penalty. The less grey rules rhe better for us.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:28 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Alright time to move on from this one - bring in game 7 lets do this Bolts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread