Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 06-23-2015, 07:41 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
You should look into Elite: Dangerous or Star Citizen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Yeah Star Citizen is basically the spiritual successor to Wing Commander. Same guy, with lots of crowdfunding.

No Man's Sky could be interesting too. All procedurally generated.
HOLY CRAP... I read several years ago that Chris Roberts wanted to try to put something like this together and glad to see its finally happened/ing. Wonder if my old desktop will be able to handle it! Been watching videos on youtube and it looks AMAZING... Well, I really did want to finish a Masters Degree on my next 3 years of shore duty... this might make it harder! They added something I always wanted in WC which was taking off on your own! Hope the planet Ceres is added to the universe so I can see what the heck those bright spots are!
Old 06-23-2015, 10:01 PM

So I've just killed like 2 and half hours looking at that game and just WOW it looks amazing so far. Just seems like a giant project to put together the scope of it... with different fighters, transport ships, and large destroyers, space stations, planets, etc all to explore! It might just take all 70 million raised to make it! Going to try it out when I get back home at the end of the week.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:37 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydeedub View Post
So I've just killed like 2 and half hours looking at that game and just WOW it looks amazing so far. Just seems like a giant project to put together the scope of it... with different fighters, transport ships, and large destroyers, space stations, planets, etc all to explore! It might just take all 70 million raised to make it! Going to try it out when I get back home at the end of the week.
Which one are you looking at? Star Citizen or Elite?

Elite is out right now and looks incredibly intriguing but I just don't have the time to invest in order to build up my character like a game like that requires.

Star Citizen has yet to be released but with their prolonged fundraising they've been doing it's looking like it's already shaping up to be pay to win out of the gate as if you donate different amounts of money you're awarded different ships upon the game's launch. Although, if you don't buy the insurance for that ship and it's destroyed then you lose it so I suppose in the end it will balance itself out.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:47 PM

I was looking at Star Citizen. Losing the ship part is what worries me and the idea of constantly paying for "insurance" for blocks of months I don't like. But I guess if you think about it it's kind of like other online games you'd pay a monthly fee for. I'll probably get one of the larger cargo ships with a small fighter attached. The part of exploring space and different worlds doing pirate missions or mercenary stuff here and there intrigues me a bunch if it actually works out as envisioned. More than just pure dog fighting... Although I was a HUGE Wing Commander fan in the late 90s. Which I have an emulator for WC still now on my computer.

I read an article about a guy who "donated" 15000$. I certainly won't go that high! With how much money they raised they should have teams world wide making this thing amazing. The level of detail I've seen on some of it is unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2015, 02:52 PM

And hopefully it all won't be pay to win. They're talking about a campaign mode so hopefully that's like the old school WC were it was a structured story line and you actually have to fly and do fight some what good to win. Also hopefully in the open universe game that if some one does challenge you that you can hit the afterburners long enough to get away if you don't want to dog fight them. I'm sure there will be A-holes who paid massive $$$ and upgraded the crap out of their fighters and can smoke you, but I'm also sure there will be other folks like me who will want to just explore. It'll be interesting to see how they work that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk