BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Draft

Old 03-24-2008, 11:40 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Default Stamkos interview

"Question: Given the choice: Los Angeles or Tampa Bay?

Stamkos: (Laughs) Both of those places would be unbelievable places to play, especially considering those temperatures. L.A. would be great for me and Tampa would be great for me. It doesn’t really matter. L.A. has a lot of forward prospects; then again Tampa Bay has Vincent Lecavalier and (Martin) St. Louis. There are lots of really positive things to say about both teams. If I end up going to one of those teams it will definitely be a dream come true for me."

this is part 2
http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/200...rt_2.html#more
part 1
http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/200...rt_1.html#more
Old 03-25-2008, 07:44 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I have begun my prayer for the first pick already.
Glad we don't have to wait long after the regular season to see where we are....
Old 03-25-2008, 10:24 PM
BP Staff

Depends on what his goal in life is...

If it's to be an overhyped media darling, he'll want to be in LA.

If it's to be the absolute best hockey player he can be learning from the very best in the game and having a chance to contend quickly, he'll want to be in Tampa.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:38 AM
BP Staff

There's a CHL update on the front page with series standings for all 3 leagues. Possible draft choices at No.1 for TB are listed, including Stamkos - who has 9 goals in 4 games for Sarnia so far.

The 9 goals leads the OHL by a large margin, but the points lead goes to Justin Azevedo (undrafted, 5-9, 180) of Kitchener, who has 1-13-14 in four games. I saw him play last year and he wasn't that fast but was quick and smart.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:19 PM
BP Staff

Saw this in a Globe and Mail Blog:

Quote:
Timmy, regarding your thoughts on Don Waddell's options for his Atlanta Thrashers, I was looking at the standings from the bottom up again this morning and realized his team still has a chance to finish with the worst record in the league, thanks to mini-surges by the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Los Angeles Kings in recent days which leaves them within two and three points respectively of the bottom of the NHL heap.

Does it matter? Only insofar as the team that finishes 30th not only has the best shot at winning the draft lottery (25 per cent), but if any of the non-playoff teams between six and 14 happen to win the lottery, the last place team automatically picks first (because no team can move up more than four places in the lottery).

And that could provide the Thrashers with a shot at Steve Stamkos, the Sarnia Sting centre and consensus first overall draft choice. With Atlanta long out of the playoff picture, much of the chatter there recently has been over who will play centre for them next year? It has been an organizational weak spot since they entered the league and much of the discussion focuses on the two youngsters, Erik Christiansen and Bryan Little that are getting a look, now that they're thinking long-term thoughts.

But if they were to somehow land Stamkos, that would immediately give them a player who could make an impact at that position – possibly within the year. And not that it should matter, but the Kings, with Anze Kopitar, and the Lightning, with Vincent Lecavalier, are set at the No. 1 centre position for the foreseeable future. The Thrashers, on the other hand, need Stamkos - or someone like him - in a much more urgent way.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Cooper's Law

The only thing the Thrashers need is a new city, as far as I'm concerned.