BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 05-31-2018, 04:37 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Default Callahan Out 5 Months

Callahan had shoulder surgery today and the team has announced he will be out 5 months.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

That's what, 3 major surgeries in the past few years?

All I can think of when I hear "shoulder" is Vinny and how much it hurt his play.

Wishing him speedy healing. I can't imagine how he was out there banging bodies with a messed up shoulder.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:38 PM
Tim Taylor's WrapAround

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Callahan had shoulder surgery today and the team has announced he will be out 5 months.
Yzerman said there was no definitive timeline and only said did not except him the start of Training Camp. I expect he will be back early Oct, right before season starts, think he even gets a preseason game in as well.

Really don’t see much concern he played his ass off in the playoffs had several huge games that really made the difference, now he has the summer to rehab and heal up and be 100 percent by Oct.

I think Callahan is going to be very hungry knowing his chances for a cup are dwindling down. To have his experience and hunger come April is going to be important for this club for another run.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:51 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick of Time View Post
Yzerman said there was no definitive timeline and only said did not except him the start of Training Camp. I expect he will be back early Oct, right before season starts, think he even gets a preseason game in as well.

Really don’t see much concern he played his ass off in the playoffs had several huge games that really made the difference, now he has the summer to rehab and heal up and be 100 percent by Oct.

I think Callahan is going to be very hungry knowing his chances for a cup are dwindling down. To have his experience and hunger come April is going to be important for this club for another run.
May not be a time line for SY but the team told The Score 5 months which would be late October if I can still count. The Times is reporting the same thing, 5 months per the team.

Quote:
Tampa Bay Lightning forward Ryan Callahan is expected to be out for approximately five months after undergoing shoulder surgery Thursday, the team announced.
https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1552416

http://www.tbo.com/blogs/lightning/2...f-next-season/
Old 06-02-2018, 08:16 AM
Rick Dudley's Hairpiece

Default Mitchell Stephens?

Seems like a big opportunity to get Mitchell Stephen's some NHL ice time. Everything I have read says he is very similar in style of play to Callahan. Long way to go before game one, but should be interesting to see where we end up. Should be busy next 3 months for sure