BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 08-11-2020, 09:00 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
JBBís moves pay off. Last years club couldnít have done this.
Still early, but that game is proof the mentality between this team and last year is night and day. I think that's a combinaton of the core no longer taking their talent for granted, but there's no question that Maroon, Coleman, Goodrow, Bogosian and Shattenkirk provide elements that were not in evidence last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Really really gutsy performance by everyone. Even guys I was expecting to be scapegoats like Bogosian were phenomenal. Everyone playing within their structure and battling for every puck. We dominated them. Korpisalo the only reason this went so long and he must be absoutely demoralized now.
Good point. For a game that went as long as it did, the Bolts had the ice tilted WAY more than CBJ did. Korpisalo was ridiculous. Full props to him. Lets hope he is demoralized.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:08 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
These guys were really resilient and worked hard. The Gourde line in particular really pushed the play. Vasy was great, a true Vezina performance, although Korpisalo was great also. They put the camera on Jones after Points goal and he looked hurt and surprised and downcast. I donít think Korpisalo expected Points shot either. Really impressive game for our guys.
Vasiy could've saved us all about 3 hours of our lives if he just stopped that second goal. And yes, I'm hard on Vasiy. At his level it's not at all wrong to expect him to not allow any softies come playoff time. He wants to win a Cup, he needs to tighten up even more, especially now that the team in front of him is finally selling out for a 'ship.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:12 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
Still early, but that game is proof the mentality between this team and last year is night and day. I think that's a combinaton of the core no longer taking their talent for granted, but there's no question that Maroon, Coleman, Goodrow, Bogosian and Shattenkirk provide elements that were not in evidence last year.

Good point. For a game that went as long as it did, the Bolts had the ice tilted WAY more than CBJ did. Korpisalo was ridiculous. Full props to him. Lets hope he is demoralized.
The fancy stats guy for The Athletic posted this at the conclusion of the game.

https://twitter.com/domluszczyszyn/s...950096385?s=20

Lightning finished with 8.32 expected goals.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:57 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

You knew there was no way that game was going to end on a straight-up clean play, or off the rush. Not that there was much being "on the rush" for either team at that point anyway.

Kucherov's fired a shot from just inside the right point that hit Vladislav Gavrikov in the face, and he spun off from the play holding his hand to his head. The puck bounced to Point, who wasn't really covered since the play wasn't supposed to go to him anyway, and now one of the defenders is temporarily incapacitated as well. Point got his shot off clean, and I'm not sure that Korpisalo had completely reset his positioning after the Kucherov shot attempt. Even if he had, Point hitting it right under the crossbar from that distance is a snipe, and would have had a chance to go in no matter what.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:37 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Really really gutsy performance by everyone. Even guys I was expecting to be scapegoats like Bogosian were phenomenal. Everyone playing within their structure and battling for every puck. We dominated them. Korpisalo the only reason this went so long and he must be absoutely demoralized now.
Putting numbers on it, Bogosian was +400 IMO and Hedman was +450. BOGO was more than stout, he was phenomenal. Gourde and Coleman were right up there too. What a team effort. Columbus will be wondering about how they can out-clutch and muck with this team.

This effort bodes well for what is to come.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Maroon alone makes the bottom 6 far tougher to play against than any of the above, and Coleman has been no slouch either.
Coleman Gourde Goodrow is a heck of a line to play against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuchieMonster View Post
I am not so sure I want JBB either. His trades have been awful.

Quote:
I like the way the new guys are playing, and they don't have that mental baggage from last season.
Old 08-12-2020, 12:01 AM

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...-five-thriller
Old 08-12-2020, 01:11 AM

Wait, what?

"After the game, Seth Jones said he "feels fine" but that he took umbrage to the way the game was called. "The officiating was, to me, kinda suspect," Jones said."

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...makes-85-saves
Old 08-12-2020, 06:21 AM

Honestly was really impressed with that game. It was strange, despite it going to 5 ots and vasi having to make like 60 some saves, I never felt like they were going to lose. Columbus has now played 4 games in 6 days with like 7 overtime periods. That game may have been best case scenario. They are going to have a hard time having the energy needed to keep up with tampa after that one. Keep on building
Old 08-12-2020, 06:49 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post
Wait, what?

"After the game, Seth Jones said he "feels fine" but that he took umbrage to the way the game was called. "The officiating was, to me, kinda suspect," Jones said."

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...makes-85-saves
They felt Hedman should have been called for something when he rode Atkinson into the net, especially after the delay of game penalty. They were even calling for a penalty shot on that play. Eff 'em....