BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 05-31-2020, 07:59 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Round 4 happening now
Old 05-31-2020, 08:58 PM

Our neighborhood facebook group is nuckin' futs. The gun dudes who post weekly about their collection of fire arms are organizing "patrols" to make certain the thugs don't make it here. On SR 54 just east of the veterans/suncoast. The soccer mommies are shitting their yoga pants.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:45 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

Quote:
Just because you have the paper does not mean a thing. And for the record I thought about law school and took the different route. So please do not try to shame me as it was by choice I did not go. I also by choice left my first agency even though I was excepted into the Masters Program at the University of South Carolina. By choice I returned to Florida having a better job offer and a better way of life.
Yeah, it does. You expect people to kiss your badge (the history of, anyway), you can respect my credentials that I have rightly earned. Oh, and it's not just the paper, its the experience. Again, surely you as Lord Commander She's the Sheriff should be able to understand that.

And I absolutely LOVE how you try to TDI me about my qualifications and yet I was the one shaming you. Shaming? Jesus, with that kind of reading comprehension and analysis maybe it's a good thing you didn't go.

Now go adjust that inflatable donut pillow and hide in the bunker with President Pampers.

Quote:
This is everywhere today. Time to go back to quarantine
Legit worried this is going to cause a huge spike and that the second wave is going to come months early. A second quarantine in the dead of summer is a complete disaster waiting to happen.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:53 PM

Well, at least people seem to be keeping their masks on through all of this for whatever good that is worth.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:14 AM

I do commend the vast majority of protesters are wearing masks even if it's only a partial protection, especially when they are all bunched together and shouting. They're going to have infection rates higher than at the churches.

I like that these protests have washed away the coverage of the 'anti-lockdown' protests. The subject matter now is so much more serious than not being to get a haircut.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:15 AM

Trump must be raging right now. The protests have stolen his thunder (AKA media coverage).

https://www.wfla.com/news/national/p...ground-bunker/
Old 06-01-2020, 07:20 AM

Trump fled to the WH bunker last night and turned the lights off. If there was ever an image that encapsulated his presidency, that's it.

Trump tweeted from his toilet as America burned.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
Trump fled to the WH bunker last night and turned the lights off. If there was ever an image that encapsulated his presidency, that's it.

Trump tweeted from his toilet as America burned.
As much as I'd love to bag him for that, what he did was pretty much protocol.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:13 AM

Police act like laws don't apply to them because of 'qualified immunity.' They're right.

Quote:
The Supreme Court created qualified immunity in 1982. With that novel invention, the court granted all government officials immunity for violating constitutional and civil rights unless the victims of those violations can show that the rights were “clearly established.”

Although innocuous sounding, the clearly established test is a legal obstacle nearly impossible to overcome. It requires a victim to identify an earlier decision by the Supreme Court, or a federal appeals court in the same jurisdiction holding that precisely the same conduct under the same circumstances is illegal or unconstitutional. If none exists, the official is immune. Whether the official’s actions are unconstitutional, intentional or malicious is irrelevant to the test.

Four decades on, qualified immunity routinely shields both the incompetent and those who knowingly violate the law. In the past year alone — along with the two cases above — courts have granted qualified immunity to:

►Officers who stole $225,000.

►A cop who shot a 10-year-old while trying to shoot a nonthreatening family dog.

►Prison officials who locked an inmate in a sewage-flooded cell for days.

►SWAT team members who fired gas grenades into an innocent woman’s empty home.

►Medical board officials who rifled through a doctor’s client files without a warrant.

►County officials who held a 14-year-old in pretrial solitary confinement for over a month.

►A cop who body-slammed a 5-foot-tall woman for walking away from him.

►Police who picked up a mentally infirmed man, drove him to the county line and dropped him off at dusk along the highway, where he was later struck and killed by a motorist.
This is a concrete thing that absolutely should change. The incentives currently are out of whack. Let's flip them around.

Last edited by Hoek; 06-01-2020 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Police act like laws don't apply to them because of 'qualified immunity.' They're right.

This is a concrete thing that absolutely should change. The incentives currently are out of whack. Let's flip them around.
My guess is Trump would push to expand these protections for LEOs.