BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 04-24-2019, 08:43 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Hopefully this is just him being humble wondering if he'll get another contract somewhere in the league (aka, he will) and not something injury related...

If it is injury related, I'd love to see him stick with the org somehow. One of Yzerman's best signings.
Doesn't Stralman have an ongoing health issue? I wonder if it is related to that in some way. I hope that isn't the case, but it might be why his play dipped this year.

Agreed on keeping him in the org if he can't play anymore. It's always good to have Swedish defensemen around, either on the ice or behind the scenes.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:47 AM
Eric Perrin's Dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
Doesn't Stralman have an ongoing health issue? I wonder if it is related to that in some way. I hope that isn't the case, but it might be why his play dipped this year.

Agreed on keeping him in the org if he can't play anymore. It's always good to have Swedish defensemen around, either on the ice or behind the scenes.
He had an issue with scar tissue in his lungs going back to his days in Columbus but when the Rangers put him on a treatment for cystic fibrosis that seemed to solve the problem.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:54 PM
Snoozin' Zyuzin (aka Suddenly Susan)

more than just scar tissue, he has chronic pulmonary issues
Old 04-25-2019, 08:26 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Ready

I wonder who might be ready to matriculate from SYR? Is Stephens ready, what about Katchouk Verhaege or anyone else. How well has Foote progressed? This could be really important if we decide to trade guys like Killer, Miller or Pacquette for picks or other players.
Old 04-27-2019, 08:47 AM
Popcorn Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
I wonder who might be ready to matriculate from SYR? Is Stephens ready, what about Katchouk Verhaege or anyone else. How well has Foote progressed? This could be really important if we decide to trade guys like Killer, Miller or Pacquette for picks or other players.
Should definitely be moving at least 1 of those guys for picks if you can. That's less guys for Seattle to poach. Although they can poach a few guys I can think of if they want.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:18 PM
BP Staff

I believe the cap situation, being what it is, means Masin and Foote will come up next season. Volkov probably makes the jump, as well.

If Tyler Johnson goes away, I suspect ABB comes up.

I'd say something about Verhaeghe, but for whatever reason they've never given him a cup of coffee the way they did Gourde, which seems telling.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:37 AM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Hedman/Foote next year... is the kid a 100% ready for this, no no he’s not. A lot of OJT but the Lightning made this cap hell they are in, they may as well make the most of it and let the kid learn and get ready for the second and completely different season.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:09 AM
Cooper's Law

Default Go big

I would like to see what Katchouk brings to the table, big and from what I have read has a bit of a nasty side we need someone who can get in front of the net and Erne could do that but I think he needs the positive reinforcement to get him to use his body and strength to go to the front of the net more often. Yeah I see Foote coming up but donít understand why Verhaege does not get a shot.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:43 PM
BP Staff

Foote is better than Rutta or Girardi from day one, and itís not close.

Katchoukís not ready. Iíd like to see him post a 20+ goal campaign at the AHL level playing regularly on a scoring line before he makes the jump. Volkov has done it two straight years. Should be his time.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:29 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Thanks

Thanks for the information Pete.