BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 01:32 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

I find it hilarious that Trump is getting rid of California's ability to set their own emissions standards. Remember when the GOP told you they were the party of state's rights? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Oh yeah, except when it comes to smoking a plant, or doing what you want with other consenting adults and your own body. Now they've also extended that to environmental concerns. Throw it on the pile of Republican duplicity and shitbaggery. But hey! at least we are likely to get yet another war in the middle east, this time, admittedly over oil, instead of the usual freedom horseshit they try to shovel.

So much winning.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:50 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Interesting that known lying sack of shit Lewandowski admits he is a serial liar in yesterday’s testimony.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-disaster.html
Old 09-18-2019, 04:05 PM
BP Staff

Well, DubDub, first of all the source for the comment from the Air Force was Natasha Bertrand, who is a staff reporter on national security issues at Politico. She's also worked for The Atlantic and Business Insider. I realize none of those outlets may have won the prestigious Kazakhstan Union of Journalsist's prize, but I dare say they have more credibility than your usual source, NewYorkTimesPostPerezHiltonOnline.com.

Second, in your usual dishonest little screed about "only 40 visits accorded(sic)!" you failed to mention that the US government appears to have actually spent way over book for those rooms, including nearly $60K in expenses on government credit cards.

Quote:
But the department did reveal that the average cost of a room at Turnberry for military service members from August 2017 to July 2019 was $189, and that Turnberry expenditures during that time period “amounted to $124,578.96” — plus an “an additional $59,729.12” in unspecified charges to government travel cards.

“If both of these claims are accurate, it appears that U.S. taxpayer funds were used to purchase the equivalent of more than 650 rooms at the Trump Turnberry just since August 2017 — or the equivalent of one room every night for more than one-and-a-half years,” the congressmen wrote.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...resort-1501877

Again, not even a third tier scandal with this guy, but concerning to anyone who cares about good, honest government nonetheless.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:06 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
I find it hilarious that Trump is getting rid of California's ability to set their own emissions standards. Remember when the GOP told you they were the party of state's rights? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Oh yeah, except when it comes to smoking a plant, or doing what you want with other consenting adults and your own body. Now they've also extended that to environmental concerns. Throw it on the pile of Republican duplicity and shitbaggery. But hey! at least we are likely to get yet another war in the middle east, this time, admittedly over oil, instead of the usual freedom horseshit they try to shovel.

So much winning.
They're only the party of state's rights when said state is grinding down women and minorities. Duh.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:06 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
Interesting that known lying sack of shit Lewandowski admits he is a serial liar in yesterday’s testimony.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-disaster.html
The turd used the hearing to launch his Senate campaign in New Hampshire. Nadler should've had him cuffed for contempt on the spot.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:25 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Corey is far from the brightest bulb in the box. Methinks Vermont voters, even those with a registered R behind their name, will not care for the fact that a candidate for senate may lie to them when it suits his purpose(s). So yeah, that was quite the audition.

And yes, Nadler should've put a quick stop to his horseshit, stopped the hearing, and voted a contempt citation.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Well, DubDub, first of all the source for the comment from the Air Force was Natasha Bertrand, who is a staff reporter on national security issues at Politico. She's also worked for The Atlantic and Business Insider. I realize none of those outlets may have won the prestigious Kazakhstan Union of Journalsist's prize, but I dare say they have more credibility than your usual source, NewYorkTimesPostPerezHiltonOnline.com.

Second, in your usual dishonest little screed about "only 40 visits accorded(sic)!" you failed to mention that the US government appears to have actually spent way over book for those rooms, including nearly $60K in expenses on government credit cards.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...resort-1501877

Again, not even a third tier scandal with this guy, but concerning to anyone who cares about good, honest government nonetheless.
This post shows your clear bias when it comes to the GOP. If you are so outraged about the expenses that you say were just under $200,000, where is this outrage over the overspending that we paid for as the result of the Obama Administration allowing flights to use this airport for refueling, as we know from the report that the cost of fuel at this location was higher than at other, more convent, airports/bases.

We should all be outraged over any overspending by the government, regardless of the party. But clearly you do not feel this way as I have never, ever, seen you post anything bad about your party.

And I see you still like feeling that you are the "superior" person as once again you had to make a point of correcting a "type-o" of mine. Hate to break it to you but I really could careless.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
This post shows your clear bias when it comes to the GOP.
No shit. I always disagreed with GOP policy, but there were a few honest brokers of those policies. All they are now is sycophants following a carnival barker whose sole goal is personal enrichment and aggrandizement.

I'm waiting for the outrage over the expense of weekly play time at his golf courses. Estimates are at $45M per year including transportation, Secret Svc, and all of the other "necessary" expenses. Exclusively at his golf resorts, further lining his own pockets. His disrespect of the game itself rankles me; who the fuck rides a cart on a green?
Old 09-18-2019, 07:34 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

But wait..."Obama played too much golf. I'll be working for you". haaaaaa Yeah, the rubes faulted Obama for a few rounds of golf (btw, Ike played ALOT of golf) and his brown suits. Laughable how the hypocrisy of the Meadows, Gaetz and Jordans of the world NEVER find any fault with the grabber-in-chief.
Lies, grifting, dangerous and reckless decision-making, etc etc etc. The GOP of today is pathetic.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:44 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
No shit. I always disagreed with GOP policy, but there were a few honest brokers of those policies. All they are now is sycophants following a carnival barker whose sole goal is personal enrichment and aggrandizement.

I'm waiting for the outrage over the expense of weekly play time at his golf courses. Estimates are at $45M per year including transportation, Secret Svc, and all of the other "necessary" expenses. Exclusively at his golf resorts, further lining his own pockets. His disrespect of the game itself rankles me; who the fuck rides a cart on a green?
WW said we should all be outraged about any overspending. So where is his outrage about 45’s golf habit/profiteering? Let’s get him on the record. Or is he just telling the rest of us how we should think and feel because he thinks he’s superior?

The only clear bias in this thread belongs to WW. We’ve all seen plenty of occasions when Pete has expressed negative opinions about Democrats. WW is actually the one who never ever has said one bad thing about a Republican. His whole puppet gimmick is pure projection (not that he has any idea what that psychological concept is). He is a brick wall with mortar for brains.