BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #18251  
Old 06-12-2019, 08:28 PM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 7,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
And you haven't denied a word I said. Sure, you threw a hissy fit and hurled an epithet, but you know damned well you have over a decade of posts on this MB that highlight your hypocrisy where "taking care of our own" is concerned.




When was the last time you walked the halls of your elected representatives pete?

I do not have to deny a thing pete. Funny how you seem to forget the posts about the years I walked the halls in Tallahassee trying to get help for those less fortunate than you or I. Funny how you selectively forget that for years I dedicated my life to helping those in the university Area. I was not assigned to work there, I asked to work there when the new district office was opened. I could had worked any area in this country that I wanted, but I chose to try to make a difference.

Have you ever gone to "Helping Hands" pete? Do you even know what it is? At every major holiday do you try to help those in need in your community?

I will leave it at that as I really do not have to explain a thing to why as to what I do for those in my community.

I will end it with this, at least I would never knock a city because of a political party like you did with Sarasota which is a fine beautiful city. If you are so driven by your politics I would like to suggest to stay away from places like Sarasota...….and yes you do have a choice not to go.


Yup, you are a real puppet that is willing to spew what ever the puppet master tells you.

Last edited by WaiverWire; 06-12-2019 at 08:44 PM.
  #18252  
Old 06-12-2019, 08:37 PM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 7,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
You just know late night at Cheateau Tdi involves turning the lights down low, lighting some candles, turning on Hannity, and decimating a full jar of Vaseline.
You can laugh now and make crude comments but if anything that is now coming out is true this will be a major black eye to all political parties. Reports are that England, Italy and Australia are coming forward saying that they were asked to spy on our citizens by our own government because we could not spy on those within our boarders. If that doesn't scare you then I guess nothing will.

From information obtained last night it would appear that our State Department is eye deep in this and they also not only pushed the Steele Dossier but had also created one of their own after the election was over. What is even more disturbing is that if reports are true there may be aides of a few top members of the House involved with the DOS.

Yes, this may all be nothing, but if there is something to this sit back.
  #18253  
Old 06-12-2019, 09:11 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
I do not have to deny a thing pete.
Because you can't. You can act like StompyFoot McHissyFit all you want or re-cast yourself as Mother Teresa 'til you turn blue, but the fact remains everyone here has watched you routinely attack social safety net programs like food stamps, free school lunches for poor children, universal medicine, etc. etc. over the past 15 years between the BP and SSN boards. You have zero moral standing to make a "taking care of our own" argument for anything, because the record shows that, on balance, you and the politicians you support give zero fucks about "taking care of our own," unless of course "our own" is rich white guys and corporations that don't really need the assistance.

Quote:
I will end it with this, at least I would never knock a city because of a political party like you did with Sarasota which is a fine beautiful city. If you are so driven by your politics I would like to suggest to stay away from places like Sarasota...….and yes you do have a choice not to go.
I never once said people should stay away from Sarasota. I was there on vacation for a reason (to go visit some of Paul Rudolph's houses on the barrier keys and try out a new hotel that just opened there). Likewise I would never say people should stay away from San Francisco (DTLA, um, yeah, I might not recommend that for a vacation).

But even though I'd happily go to either Sarasota or San Francisco, guess what? Both have homeless people. Because, as I said, concepts like gentrification and unaffordable housing in affluent city centers transcend the political ideology of the city governments there. Contrary to the Fox News propaganda your BFF Tdi astroturfed on here trying to claim homelessness in California cities was somehow a unique problem of Democratic mayors, the truth is homelessness is not a failing solely of red or blue America. It's a structural problem of the system that neither side adequately addresses.

Quote:
Yup, you are a real puppet that is willing to spew what ever the puppet master tells you.
"No puppet, no puppet, you're the puppet!"

You turn a few shades more orange every day, don't you Waiver?
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Last edited by pete; 06-12-2019 at 10:08 PM.
  #18254  
Old 06-12-2019, 09:15 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
You can laugh now and make crude comments but if anything that is now coming out is true this will be a major black eye to all political parties. Reports are that England, Italy and Australia are coming forward saying that they were asked to spy on our citizens by our own government because we could not spy on those within our boarders. If that doesn't scare you then I guess nothing will.

From information obtained last night it would appear that our State Department is eye deep in this and they also not only pushed the Steele Dossier but had also created one of their own after the election was over. What is even more disturbing is that if reports are true there may be aides of a few top members of the House involved with the DOS.

Yes, this may all be nothing, but if there is something to this sit back.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29
  #18255  
Old 06-12-2019, 10:40 PM
Donnie D's Avatar
Donnie D Donnie D is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 9,935
Default

FYI - all 5 City Commissioners in Sarasota are democrats.

Since you brought up homelessness in Sarasota and since that was what I worked on in Sarasota before I retired, I’m proud to say that homelessness is down more than 35% over the past 2 years in the City of Sarasota. I approved the purchase of over 40 homes and 3 apartment complexes that are scattered throughout Sarasota County that house mentally ill and developmentally disabled individuals. No one knows that they exist because I was given the authority to purchase them without commission approval of the actual sites. One of the last things I did before retiring was help get an 80 unit apartment building funded that will provide housing for homeless individuals with mental illness on Fruitville Road across from the fairgrounds.

Carry on.
__________________
I have something in common with the President. Trump just complained that his life was so much better before he became President. Mine too!

Last edited by Donnie D; 06-12-2019 at 10:44 PM.
  #18256  
Old 06-12-2019, 11:02 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
FYI - all 5 City Commissioners in Sarasota are democrats.

Since you brought up homelessness in Sarasota and since that was what I worked on in Sarasota before I retired, I’m proud to say that homelessness is down more than 35% over the past 2 years in the City of Sarasota. I approved the purchase of over 40 homes and 3 apartment complexes that are scattered throughout Sarasota County that house mentally ill and developmentally disabled individuals. No one knows that they exist because I was given the authority to purchase them without commission approval of the actual sites. One of the last things I did before retiring was help get an 80 unit apartment building funded that will provide housing for homeless individuals with mental illness on Fruitville Road across from the fairgrounds.

Carry on.
Fair point, but as you’ve lamented many times Sarasota old money is reliably red in state and federal races, correct? I didn’t think my original “Republican-loving Sarasota” comment was inaccurate.

Also fair to say that homelessness is an addressable problem if more resources were put toward it as opposed to, say, a fancy jet fighter plane that doesn’t work or a gigantic medieval wall across the southern border?
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29
  #18257  
Old 06-12-2019, 11:57 PM
Donnie D's Avatar
Donnie D Donnie D is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 9,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Fair point, but as you’ve lamented many times Sarasota old money is reliably red in state and federal races, correct? I didn’t think my original “Republican-loving Sarasota” comment was inaccurate.

Also fair to say that homelessness is an addressable problem if more resources were put toward it as opposed to, say, a fancy jet fighter plane that doesn’t work or a gigantic medieval wall across the southern border?
The City of Sarasota is reliably democrat in state and federal elections. It went for Clinton and Gillum, and the state rep for Sarasota is also a democrat. The rest of the county is solidly Republican.

Spending money to house the chronically homeless actually saves money. Statistics say a homeless individual on the street costs $35,000 a year in public resources. It costs the government more than a $120 a day to house someone in jail and even more to treat them in the emergency room. That doesn’t count police time or transporting them by ambulance. The City of Milwaukee did a great job tracking homeless costs and their cost was more than $50,000 a year.

For $12,000 a year you can put a homeless person in an apartment and for $13,000 a year you can provide intense case management services. That’s a savings of $10,000 per individual.

Oh, and statistics also show that once someone is housed they are much more likely to become sober and get a job. Society likes to say that people are homeless because they abuse alcohol and drugs. The reality is that most begin to abuse alcohol and drugs because of the depression and shame that results from being homeless. Put people into a home and then they are much more likely to go into a sobriety program.
__________________
I have something in common with the President. Trump just complained that his life was so much better before he became President. Mine too!

Last edited by Donnie D; 06-13-2019 at 12:00 AM.
  #18258  
Old 06-13-2019, 07:29 AM
dannybolt's Avatar
dannybolt dannybolt is offline
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Pete
Posts: 2,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
or a gigantic medieval wall across the southern border?
Don't deny me Trump's Folly. I want that wall as a monument to his stupidity.
__________________
Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member
  #18259  
Old 06-13-2019, 09:50 AM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,424
Default

Quote:
The City of Sarasota is reliably democrat in state and federal elections. It went for Clinton and Gillum, and the state rep for Sarasota is also a democrat. The rest of the county is solidly Republican.
OK, so the city itself is politically Democratic-leaning like most mid to large sized urban centers. There's very few Republican-leaning city governments left in the United States, I suppose. Even traditionally conservative cities like Charlotte have flipped blue.

Makes sense. There's an overall trend toward urban and suburban areas becoming blue and exurban and rural communities getting redder.

I admit to assuming that Sarasota trended redder given a crook like Vern Buchanan keeps getting elected to the House down there.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29
  #18260  
Old 06-13-2019, 09:51 AM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
Don't deny me Trump's Folly. I want that wall as a monument to his stupidity.
If I were dictator for a day and could take that money and deploy it against a problem like homelessness, I'm afraid I'd have to.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.