BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #281  
Old 05-29-2020, 07:26 PM
Maverick9911's Avatar
Maverick9911 Maverick9911 is offline
Steve F**king Yzerman
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 2,688
Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911
Default

Quote:
Holy fuck. At this point we have to classify Mav as a rhetorical serial killer, no?
That legit made me spit out my chicken. Harm children or animals and I'm legit Dexter Morgan.

Quote:
The video that shows the same man nonchalantly kneeling on his neck for almost 10 minutes is pretty clear evidence of who caused the fatal injury.

You're the worst kind of LEO. You back any trash so long as they're wearing a badge.
The sick thing is that it's a fair point, if brought up in the right circumstance and not dripping with disingenuous intent. The attorneys will be the ones to argue that; Chauvin's counsel is going to try everything they can to claim that there's no real way of knowing whom is ultimately culpable, try to apportion out a specific percentage of blame, argue it wasn't foreseeable that could've led to death, etc. In that context yes, it's a question to be discussed. Earlier today I mentioned to someone that I wanted them to start out with third-degree or manslaughter and they initially balked before I explained the strategy behind it, not that I was trying to make excuses for the assholes or anything.

But when it reeks of just trying to "Well, actually it was a Sheriff's star" in a thinly-veiled attempt to defend that particular officer, it's just gross as hell.

Quote:
WW, I fully understand that this, as well as Mavs response to you, will bounce right off of your eyeballs because you have the cognitive capacity and ability for circumspection just this side of a newly hatched goldfish, but I'd like to point it out for others edification nonetheless.

Bravo and nicely done, Mav. You put it quite nicely. Thank you.
A+ alliteration. And

Last edited by Maverick9911; 05-29-2020 at 07:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 05-29-2020, 07:27 PM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 7,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
The video that shows the same man nonchalantly kneeling on his neck for almost 10 minutes is pretty clear evidence of who caused the fatal injury.

You're the worst kind of LEO. You back any trash so long as they're wearing a badge.
I love how you want to twist what I said into that I would back any type of trash.

If you would care to read what I posted I was not siding at all, or defending this guy what so ever.

What I was saying was that an arrest would not be made on the spot as some wanted because who of the 3 caused his death. Was it likely the one pinning his neck. Yup, but why rush to judgement and why not wait for all the facts like an autopsy.

And if your reasoning is because he could flee I can guarantee you, that if this agency is worth anything, that have been babysitting these officers from the minute, if not before, they were fired.
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 05-29-2020, 07:38 PM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 7,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
Please explain his differential behavior at the nightclub..? According to the owner, who has no skin in the deal. https://www.kimt.com/content/news/Ch...570874441.html

And we're talking about THIS case; NOT your 31.5 years..
Puckhead, this is why I wrote in a post several hours ago. Here it is again highlighted.

And yes, from the link you posted he had problems, severe problems. And like I said he had no business wearing a badge.


Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete
Yeah, Twitter is a cesspool right now. You have folks on the left claiming white supremacists are pouring onto the scene posing as antifa types breaking windows and burning and looting. You have white supremacists claiming that George Soros is paying antifa to burn and loot and, in fact, insinuating he owns the Target and other businesses that are being looted and it's some kind of conspiracy. And then you have Trump pouring kerosene on all of it with that Twitter post.

And, other than Trump, the big asterisk is I'm not sure anyone on Twitter is who they say they are and for all we know you have malicious actors, domestic and foreign, just shoveling the disinformation out en masse to cause chaos.

Social media is the devil, folks.

And, oh by the way, there's a simple way to start defusing this: arrest the officer(s) on a lesser charge like manslaughter (which is easily supportable by the video evidence) and then do the rest of the investigation and grand jury and escalate the charges if the investigation merits it. But Trump and Barr made the decision some time yesterday afternoon in the two hours they delayed the FBI press conference that they don't want to defuse the situation. Lunacy.
I then posted this.

Quote:
Just had to see how you investigate this pete. What you said should had been done would had been against every rule in a homicide investigation.

But first. This was just awful. The officer should had been fired years ago and had no business wearing a badge. The other officers should had told him to get off the neck as choke holds are a thing of the past and most agencies have ruled choke holds against policy. In training you are told to use you knee to gain control over someone, but to never use the knee on the neck.

All the officers were fired immediately for violation of policy

Now as to why it took this long to make the arrest. Just because the officer had his knee on the person does not mean that the person died because of the knee. You need to wait for the autopsy to confirm what you suspect. Until the medical examiner can say that the cause of death was directly related to the knee and only the knee. You have to wait for the medical examiner to say that there were no other circumstances that cause this death.

Then to be on the safe you need a second medical examiner to conduct a second independent examination due to the circumstances. This will then give the prosecution the best case moving forward.

Now with the arrest made you can dig deeper into the investigation. If in fact what is being reported is true, officers said the victim was in distress and even took his pulse and said there was no pulse, and the officer still kept his knee on the throat I can see a clear case of 2nd degree murder.

And for ChaseSpace, you are another that love to put words in the mouths you disagree with.

I am not defending this guy, but many here want you to think that, even you. When someone try's to explain to you why things may be done in the manner they are done you take offense to that and go on the offensive and one of the first things you claim is that I am defending the dirt bag. That is so far out in left field it is funny.


This is a guy that had 18 complaints against him. This is also a city in which the mayor, who has the power to remove the chief, has failed to do so and has had many problems with this agency.

Last edited by WaiverWire; 05-29-2020 at 07:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 05-29-2020, 07:42 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is online now
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,392
Default

I'd love to know where anyone said an arrest on the spot was merited. That's a straw man.

With that said, by yesterday it was pretty clear that there was sufficient probable cause to file charges. In fact, at one point I suspect that charges were about to be filed and then they changed course, hence the two hour delay in the FBI-led press conference. Can I prove that? No, but when the US Attorney says something along the line of, "We almost had something significant to announce..." and then doesn't the imagination strays, especially when she also mentioned that Trump and Barr have gotten involved and overnight the White House went into full Nixon 1968 mode politically, with the POTUS' segregationist-quoting embellishment on top.

It was also clear yesterday the community was a powder keg and the only thing that was going to defuse the situation was an arrest for what every sane person with two eyeballs saw on tape. The fact of the matter is all the gnarly things that went down in Minneapolis from late afternoon through the overnight hours yesterday might've been preventable absent the, I feel, needless delay.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 05-29-2020, 07:47 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is online now
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,392
Default

Quote:
This is a guy that had 18 complaints against him. This is also a city in which the mayor, who has the power to remove the chief, has failed to do so and has had many problems with this agency.
I've seen more than one city council member from Minneapolis interviewed who have expressed frustration that the police union there is very strong and has negotiated some very stout collective bargaining terms that make it very difficult for any mayor to make sweeping reforms quickly.

I'm not saying that to poo poo the police union for exercising their collective bargaining rights well. Kudos to them for that. What I am saying is that before you take this thinly veiled partisan shit on the young Democratic mayor, acknowledge that what you're saying isn't as simple as you make it out to be.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 05-29-2020, 07:50 PM
the_narrow_way's Avatar
the_narrow_way the_narrow_way is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 5,140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick9911 View Post
What I wont tolerate, however, is having to justify myself to anyone, let alone a serial bootlicker for a feckless, bloviating, Adderall-snorting grifter coward and a consistent peddler of factually-deficient, intellectually dishonest, disingenuous rantings in support of such. TDI tried that with me once and I still have the dried remains of his chickenshit little hide underneath my shoes. Now go home and get your shine box. I'm done with you.
Now that's service.
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 05-29-2020, 07:57 PM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 7,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I'd love to know where anyone said an arrest on the spot was merited. That's a straw man.

With that said, by yesterday it was pretty clear that there was sufficient probable cause to file charges. In fact, at one point I suspect that charges were about to be filed and then they changed course, hence the two hour delay in the FBI-led press conference. Can I prove that? No, but when the US Attorney says something along the line of, "We almost had something significant to announce..." and then doesn't the imagination strays, especially when she also mentioned that Trump and Barr have gotten involved and overnight the White House went into full Nixon 1968 mode politically, with the POTUS' segregationist-quoting embellishment on top.

It was also clear yesterday the community was a powder keg and the only thing that was going to defuse the situation was an arrest for what every sane person with two eyeballs saw on tape. The fact of the matter is all the gnarly things that went down in Minneapolis from late afternoon through the overnight hours yesterday might've been preventable absent the, I feel, needless delay.
pete, in your own post you stated that based on the video it was clear an arrest should had been made. You even said that they should had at least charged a possible lesser crime.

Now maybe you did not see the video that I had post that clearly showed 3 officers pinning him down. However I am sure that the agency had this video very soon after it happened or that word got out the victim died.

In that video it is not certain who caused the death, or if it was caused by several of these officers tactics. You place the ex-officers under surveillance, and you wait for the medical examiners report. If they try to flee you make an arrest for something as simple as a battery and you call a judge and ask for a no bond and cite the facts around the case and they were trying to flee.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 05-29-2020, 08:08 PM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 7,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick9911 View Post



The sick thing is that it's a fair point, if brought up in the right circumstance and not dripping with disingenuous intent. The attorneys will be the ones to argue that; Chauvin's counsel is going to try everything they can to claim that there's no real way of knowing whom is ultimately culpable, try to apportion out a specific percentage of blame, argue it wasn't foreseeable that could've led to death, etc. In that context yes, it's a question to be discussed. Earlier today I mentioned to someone that I wanted them to start out with third-degree or manslaughter and they initially balked before I explained the strategy behind it, not that I was trying to make excuses for the assholes or anything.




A+ alliteration. And
And a defense like that would get you laughed out of the courtroom. There is audio so let us not go there. Clearly they knew he was laboring. Clearly one of the officers should had knocked the crap out of the officer.

But that did not happen which leads one to believe there are serious problems in that agency.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick9911 View Post
But when it reeks of just trying to "Well, actually it was a Sheriff's star" in a thinly-veiled attempt to defend that particular officer, it's just gross as hell.
You care to explain this statement?
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 05-29-2020, 08:20 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is online now
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,392
Default

No, what I said is they should START with charging a lesser crime, manslaughter, so they could take the officer into custody and start to defuse the situation in the city. Then charge something more serious if the evidence in the investigation went in that direction. Manslaughter, because you only have to prove negligence and not malicious intent, seems an eminently provable charge considering, BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION, the officer did not follow police policy and was summarily dismissed because of it. As a design professional, negligence in my field is defined as not following the standard of care expected for my profession. I suspect negligence for a police officer can be similarly framed in this case by just about any lawyer who is even moderately intelligent and accomplished.

As for the rest of your smokescreen of bloviations, I point you to Maverick's rhetorical deflowering of your poop shoot as to why what you're saying isn't relevant and/or correct.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 05-29-2020, 08:27 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is online now
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,392
Default

Quote:
You care to explain this statement?
Far be it from me to speak on Maverick's behalf, but...

Just like "It's a sheriff's star," was an act of disingenuous feigned ignorance by people pretending a post by a white nationalist Twitter account didn't contain anti-Semitic imagery, "I have no idea what killed the man whose neck was being kneeled on for 9 minutes while he pleaded he couldn't breath," is equally disingenuous and further reeks of feigned ignorance.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.