BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-11-2019, 09:34 AM
BurnTHalO's Avatar
BurnTHalO BurnTHalO is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 7,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
You should hide.

Killorn will be gone. His full no trade ends after the year. Hopefully he keeps up his play, which has been great, so we can get something for him rather than giving up something to dump him.
Great? We are to the point with him that 0 goals and 2 assists in 4 games playing second line minutes is great now?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-11-2019, 09:55 AM
dannybolt's Avatar
dannybolt dannybolt is offline
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Pete
Posts: 1,767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Great? We are to the point with him that 0 goals and 2 assists in 4 games playing second line minutes is great now?
BuT hE dOeS eVeRyThInG wElL!!!!111!1!1!!111!!!

While scoring at a .5 game clip isn't great per se, it's not terrible, and I think that's the best we can hope for from Killorn.

He's been good so far this season, no doubt, especially on the penalty kill, but he really looks like he will be the odd man out. Of the mid-tier trio that only produce moderately, Killorn is the easiest to deal after the NTC goes to modified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Carle, Maroon, Shattenkirk, Condon, Domingue and Rutta are all off the books. That’s $17 million - enough for $4.5 each and money to fill the remaining defensive holes.
I wouldn't be surprised if Maroon is re-upped, depending on salary demands. Still ridiculously early on that though, obv.
__________________
Ondrej Palat fan club member

Last edited by dannybolt; 10-11-2019 at 09:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-11-2019, 11:30 AM
Jester47's Avatar
Jester47 Jester47 is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,399
Send a message via AIM to Jester47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Great? We are to the point with him that 0 goals and 2 assists in 4 games playing second line minutes is great now?
I'm not a killer hater or anything. Hey, if he wants to resign for a more reasonable cap number to match his production/Ice time (without a NMC), sure... just like with TJ, for me, it's not about if I like the player or not, it's all about the contract number and being able keeping our younger players.

And I was being a bit tongue and cheek when I posted that above... hence the hiding behind the sofa... let's enjoy the season and worry about all this later

Last edited by Jester47; 10-11-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-11-2019, 12:23 PM
BurnTHalO's Avatar
BurnTHalO BurnTHalO is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 7,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post
I'm not a killer hater or anything. Hey, if he wants to resign for a more reasonable cap number to match his production/Ice time (without a NMC), sure... just like with TJ, for me, it's not about if I like the player or not, it's all about the contract number and being able keeping our younger players.

And I was being a bit tongue and cheek when I posted that above... hence the hiding behind the sofa... let's enjoy the season and worry about all this later
I'm definitely a Killorn hater, but to be fair, he's not terribly overpaid. Much like many that came before him, my issue is much less with the player than it is the ridiculous ways he is used (like having top 4 minutes).
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-11-2019, 12:31 PM
Donnie D's Avatar
Donnie D Donnie D is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 8,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Great? We are to the point with him that 0 goals and 2 assists in 4 games playing second line minutes is great now?
Is that the second line? Hard to tell.

It was our version of a shut down line last night and they have done a pretty good job in that role. Yes, he fills in on the top 2 lines from time to time, but his primary role has been on that third line.
__________________
“You can’t promote principled anti-corruption action without pissing off corrupt people.” George Kent

Last edited by Donnie D; 10-11-2019 at 12:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-11-2019, 12:34 PM
Donnie D's Avatar
Donnie D Donnie D is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 8,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post
I'm not a killer hater or anything. Hey, if he wants to resign for a more reasonable cap number to match his production/Ice time (without a NMC), sure... just like with TJ, for me, it's not about if I like the player or not, it's all about the contract number and being able keeping our younger players.

And I was being a bit tongue and cheek when I posted that above... hence the hiding behind the sofa... let's enjoy the season and worry about all this later
He is signed through 2023 but can be traded due to his limited NTC that starts next summer.
__________________
“You can’t promote principled anti-corruption action without pissing off corrupt people.” George Kent
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-11-2019, 12:43 PM
BurnTHalO's Avatar
BurnTHalO BurnTHalO is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 7,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Is that the second line? Hard to tell.

It was our version of a shut down line last night and they have done a pretty good job in that role. Yes, he fills in on the top 2 lines from time to time, but his primary role has been on that third line.
Well, considering he is averaging over 18 minutes a game, and he has played 2 more minutes than the number 6 guy on the list, yeah, I'll call him the 2nd line. Unless you want to argue that we are playing our 2nd line 13 minutes a night.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-11-2019, 05:34 PM
Puckhead's Avatar
Puckhead Puckhead is offline
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 2,304
Default

I saw so many positives in the game. Bolts def had a playoff intensity for almost all 60 minutes.

So I hesitate to harp, but did 98 come away with ANY loose pucks in the D zone last night?? I saw several outright give-aways or neutral pucks not secured and many times retrieved by a Leaf. I try to always be objective when assessing a particular player, but this is nothing we all haven't seen in the last year or so. He's got reach, overall size, and decent feet on his side. I just don't get it..
__________________
Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-11-2019, 07:23 PM
RSchmitz's Avatar
RSchmitz RSchmitz is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
I saw so many positives in the game. Bolts def had a playoff intensity for almost all 60 minutes.

So I hesitate to harp, but did 98 come away with ANY loose pucks in the D zone last night?? I saw several outright give-aways or neutral pucks not secured and many times retrieved by a Leaf. I try to always be objective when assessing a particular player, but this is nothing we all haven't seen in the last year or so. He's got reach, overall size, and decent feet on his side. I just don't get it..
Mental thing combined with a body he's still not grown into.
__________________
If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.