BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 10-11-2019, 09:34 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
You should hide.

Killorn will be gone. His full no trade ends after the year. Hopefully he keeps up his play, which has been great, so we can get something for him rather than giving up something to dump him.
Great? We are to the point with him that 0 goals and 2 assists in 4 games playing second line minutes is great now?
Old 10-11-2019, 09:55 AM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Great? We are to the point with him that 0 goals and 2 assists in 4 games playing second line minutes is great now?
BuT hE dOeS eVeRyThInG wElL!!!!111!1!1!!111!!!

While scoring at a .5 game clip isn't great per se, it's not terrible, and I think that's the best we can hope for from Killorn.

He's been good so far this season, no doubt, especially on the penalty kill, but he really looks like he will be the odd man out. Of the mid-tier trio that only produce moderately, Killorn is the easiest to deal after the NTC goes to modified.

Quote:
Carle, Maroon, Shattenkirk, Condon, Domingue and Rutta are all off the books. That’s $17 million - enough for $4.5 each and money to fill the remaining defensive holes.
I wouldn't be surprised if Maroon is re-upped, depending on salary demands. Still ridiculously early on that though, obv.

Last edited by dannybolt; 10-11-2019 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:30 AM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Quote:
I'm not a killer hater or anything. Hey, if he wants to resign for a more reasonable cap number to match his production/Ice time (without a NMC), sure... just like with TJ, for me, it's not about if I like the player or not, it's all about the contract number and being able keeping our younger players.

And I was being a bit tongue and cheek when I posted that above... hence the hiding behind the sofa... let's enjoy the season and worry about all this later

Last edited by Jester47; 10-11-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post
I'm not a killer hater or anything. Hey, if he wants to resign for a more reasonable cap number to match his production/Ice time (without a NMC), sure... just like with TJ, for me, it's not about if I like the player or not, it's all about the contract number and being able keeping our younger players.

And I was being a bit tongue and cheek when I posted that above... hence the hiding behind the sofa... let's enjoy the season and worry about all this later
I'm definitely a Killorn hater, but to be fair, he's not terribly overpaid. Much like many that came before him, my issue is much less with the player than it is the ridiculous ways he is used (like having top 4 minutes).
Old 10-11-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Is that the second line? Hard to tell.

It was our version of a shut down line last night and they have done a pretty good job in that role. Yes, he fills in on the top 2 lines from time to time, but his primary role has been on that third line.

Last edited by Donnie D; 10-11-2019 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post

He is signed through 2023 but can be traded due to his limited NTC that starts next summer.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Is that the second line? Hard to tell.

It was our version of a shut down line last night and they have done a pretty good job in that role. Yes, he fills in on the top 2 lines from time to time, but his primary role has been on that third line.
Well, considering he is averaging over 18 minutes a game, and he has played 2 more minutes than the number 6 guy on the list, yeah, I'll call him the 2nd line. Unless you want to argue that we are playing our 2nd line 13 minutes a night.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:34 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

I saw so many positives in the game. Bolts def had a playoff intensity for almost all 60 minutes.

So I hesitate to harp, but did 98 come away with ANY loose pucks in the D zone last night?? I saw several outright give-aways or neutral pucks not secured and many times retrieved by a Leaf. I try to always be objective when assessing a particular player, but this is nothing we all haven't seen in the last year or so. He's got reach, overall size, and decent feet on his side. I just don't get it..
Old 10-11-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
I saw so many positives in the game. Bolts def had a playoff intensity for almost all 60 minutes.

So I hesitate to harp, but did 98 come away with ANY loose pucks in the D zone last night?? I saw several outright give-aways or neutral pucks not secured and many times retrieved by a Leaf. I try to always be objective when assessing a particular player, but this is nothing we all haven't seen in the last year or so. He's got reach, overall size, and decent feet on his side. I just don't get it..
Mental thing combined with a body he's still not grown into.