BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 07-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Franz Jean's Goalie School

Default Music & Song of the Day

Hello everybody,

A few of you may recall that years ago, on the old official Lightning message board, I maintained a thread where I would post a daily song suggestion for everyone to listen to, and we would often times end up discussing music in general.

So I decided to look through the Miscellaneous forums here, but I couldn't seem to find anything of the sort, so here we are.

This thread is going to be used for any and all music related discussion and I will do my best to provide a new "Song of the Day" each day. Any of you can feel free to do the same as well, more people will simply lead to more variety, which I'm sure most of us would agree is a good thing (when it comes to music, at least).

In case your wondering what types of music to expect here, well, that would depend on the person posting. In my case, the music will generally be somewhere in the expansive rock genres, though that won't necessarily always be the case. My own personal music background lies heavily in punk rock and alternative, though I like a large variety of music, in all. As I said, the more people, the larger the variety will become. (I seem to recall, for example, BurnTHalO used to keep the metalheads happy in the old days).

With all that said, enjoy the thread everybody!

Last edited by Xaej; 07-24-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:36 AM

Since this is the first day, I will start us off with three songs, hopefully of enough variety to pique most of your interests. Usually, however, I will only be posting one song a day.

Songs of the Day 7-21-211:
The Adventures of Raindance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huUpFIcH4Nw

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The first single off RHCP's upcoming album "I'm With You"

Nobody - Skindred

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

One of Skindred's older songs, but an interesting mix of Reggae & Metal style vocals on hard rock music.

One Fine Day - The Offspring

+ YouTube Video

An older, often overlooked, Offspring song that doesn't disappoint.

Last edited by Xaej; 07-21-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

+ YouTube Video

Last edited by ChaseSpace; 07-21-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:40 AM

If you use the full reply function (rather than Quick Reply), there is a button for it. Alternatively, you can use the code [YOUTUBE] and [/YOUTUBE] I believe.

I was going to embed, but ran across the problem of my browser saying I don't have flash installed, although I do, so I'm not really sure what happened. Looking into that, now.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
http://youtu.be/sZ-D4jmkUiQ

How do we embed a video?
I Still Believe by Frank Turner. I like it, cool song!

If anyone, like me, is unfamiliar with this artist, here's the Wiki link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_turner

Hey Chase, what do you think about his old band, Million Dead?
Old 07-21-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaej View Post
If you use the full reply function (rather than Quick Reply), there is a button for it. Alternatively, you can use the code [YOUTUBE] and [/YOUTUBE] I believe.

I was going to embed, but ran across the problem of my browser saying I don't have flash installed, although I do, so I'm not really sure what happened. Looking into that, now.
Just to confirm, the [YOUTUBE] tags do indeed work, just surround the URL of the video you'd like to embed with the tags.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:01 AM

Went backed and fixed it.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

May I use this thread opportunity to make a post for venting purposes? Pretty much sums up not only my day, but my week.

*** Warning: F bomb used 33 times! ***

+ YouTube Video
Old 07-21-2011, 12:27 PM

Bwahahaha, since Xaej called me out, I will have some fun here as well. I'm big metal/hard rock stuff, though I can do about anything with talented musicians. So, lets begin.

Back in the day my high school band was supposed to open for these guys, but blizzards are a crappy thing. Name of the band is One Minute Silence. They just got back together and are starting to get going again. They were a competely crazy live band that many thought would steal the show from Slipknot when they toured together.

+ YouTube Video

I actually just saw Sevendust a couple weeks ago. My first show in years (I've been to well over 200 shows in my life, so I am slowing down). It was unreal hot and they didn't have the AC going, to the point that Sevendust started getting sick and only played like 30 minutes. None the less, I have seen these guys more than any other band, and for good reason. Fair warning, you will probably end up with a lot more from these guys over the coming months, but this is the song that hooked me on these guys for life like 13 or 14 years ago.

+ YouTube Video

Next up, probably my favorite band of all time, Machine Head.

+ YouTube Video

Go a bit heavier here on you now. Band out of Sweden with a girl singer. Something about being able to sing like this......

+ YouTube Video

And, since I need to get back to work, I leave you with some metal for all the video game fans out there. Probably the single most awsome cover of Castlevania 2 you will ever hear.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
Old 07-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Cooper's Law

I'm gonna change up the pace a little bit here and do something completely different.

There isn't a whole lot I don't listen to, so I'm really liking the potential of this thread.

Here's my contribution for the day (also, Grooveshark should be your best friend):

Jurassic 5 - A Day at the Races

Can't go wrong with real hip-hop. And if you want your ears to catch on fire, skip to 3:26.