BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 05-03-2016, 05:19 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Fennelly didn't question, just criticised and took the negative take on everything as much as possible for attention.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:19 PM

So amidst my anger, we have to name a section on these boards afrer erik (or at least a post count), right?
Old 05-03-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Fennelly didn't question, just criticised and took the negative take on everything as much as possible for attention.
Ok all I knew of his is him questioning cooper a few months back.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:28 PM

I mean don't get me wrong sometimes it serves a valuable role like in that instance, but it's his entire schtick outside of the random pimping of a player here and there. He will write about other crap all year long, then if the Lightning struggle a little he parachutes in and casts doom and gloom over everything. It's quite tiresome after many years of it. Same with Tom Jones of the Times though, but he is even worse as he comes across as someone who secretly loves Northern teams more.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:32 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
So amidst my anger, we have to name a section on these boards afrer erik (or at least a post count), right?
Yep, maybe "Lightning beat writer for now defunct The Tampa Tribune"

EE was the longest standing beat writer for the Bolts, so kind of sad to see him go. Granted I don't think either him or Joe asked the tough questions, or should I say ask enough of what we the fans want to know. Although EE was better at it than Joe, perhaps because he's been around the game longer than Joe.

The one thing I'll say I remember about EE is that in the past I've emailed him here and there when I caught a print mistake online - be it a schedule wrong or error about a player draft year or whatever - he'd be humble enough to just say something like "oh yeah, I see it. Will fix it, thanks!"

I'm partial to the Times since my Mother worked for them for like 15 years. But damn that is a crap thing to do to the Tribune folks. Some type of heads up and merger folks. Dang. That's just cut throat. We even give notice in the Navy before we boot you out.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:34 PM

From Erik on Twitter:

Quote:
For anybody trying to reach me, my email and contact list has been wiped out, so if you text me, please let me know who I'm talking to
There's not enough characters on Twitter to express my gratitude to the many who have reached out already today, I can't thank you enough
This has been a tremendous ride for 15 years and I've been very fortunate to do what I have done in that time
I've met so many great people along the way, and I've loved (almost) every minute of this job and there's not much I would do over
So thank you to everybody who read my work over the years and for all the kind words along the way, which always outnumbered the negative

I hope this is not the end for doing what I've loved, but if it is, it's been a hell of a ride.
I am a true believer that things happen for a reason and I believe that is the case here. There is plenty of short term pain involved but .
There will be better times ahead. I'll be heading home in the morning to get my bearings and then see what happens next.
For all my colleagues at @TBOcom the work we've put in under such trying times still amazes me and I'm proud to call you my friends
Could not ask to work with better pros than @IKaufmanTBO @RCummingsTBO @JJohnstonTBO @JKorthTBO @RMooneyTBO Martin Fennelly

I'm not going away, but I might be quiet for a while, so I'll leave you with this - Ohlund is a game time decision, we'll see in warmups :-)

Last edited by The Great Zo; 05-03-2016 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:03 PM

Holy crap.

http://wfla.com/2016/05/03/tampa-bay...tampa-tribune/

~ 1:28 of the video:
Quote:
Today, armed guards entered the Tampa Tribune news room, and ordered employees to stay for a meeting.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:24 PM

Jon Cooper sends his best wishes to Erik:

Old 05-03-2016, 10:58 PM
Cooper's Law

I worked there a long time ago and know a lot of those good, talented people. It's a sad day. There's no one who can say our region is better off because of this. The Trib was once a fine place to work, but anyone who was there in the last 20 years knows what a struggle it became.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Zo View Post
The hell is going on? I'm guessing the need for armed guards is some people are trying to run out the door with pieces they're working on to publish them elsewhere that isn't the Times