BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 01-26-2008, 01:54 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Where were you born? Florida
Current hometown: Tampa, FL
Ever live anywhere else?: Massachusetts
Nationality/ethnicity: Argentina (which makes me 'Latino' but really I'm just a European mutt)
Job: Bio Lab/Computer Tech

Favorite hockey team: Tampa Bay Lightning
Why do you like them? Hometown team, but heck I objectively like the name, color scheme, and the players, too. I might have picked them if I lived somewhere else. Even the underdog factor was appealing to me back in '95 when playing EA NHL 94 first inspired me to become a hockey fan.
Least favorite: Florida Panthers
Favorite active player on your favorite team: Vincent Lecavalier
Favorite active player on another team: Fredrik Modin
All time favorite player: Shawn Burr
Favorite teams in other sports: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tampa Bay Rays, South Florida Bulls, Florida Gators, Blackburn Rovers, Boca Juniors, all MLS teams but particularly LA Galaxy, Columbus Crew, and NE Revolution at the moment (bring back soccer to Tampa though please!)

Favorite video/other games: Sonic the Hedgehog series, Half-Life series, World of Warcraft (which I HAVE stopped playing until the next expansion comes out), currently primarily a PC and Nintendo DS gamer so currently hooked on Team Fortress 2, Crysis, Bioshock, Phoenix Wright series, Elite Beat Agents, etc.
Favorite music: Anything 80s, other than that my taste is literally all over the place (techno, J-pop, ragtime, tango, classical, you name it)
Favorite movies: Star Wars series, LOTR series, Miracle, Princess Mononoke, Ghost in the Shell, anything Jackie Chan, CGI stuff like Madagascar, Ratatouille
Favorite TV show: Naruto Shippuuden, Futurama
Have any interesting hobbies? Anime (see above), playing with Photoshop, nature watching, reading about space and bio research

Anything else to share? I love cute and furry animals like arctic foxes. Not that I'm an "animal lover" or PETA member, or even a pet owner. Just think they're awesome. *shrug*

Last edited by Hoek; 01-26-2008 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:23 AM
Alex Kharitonov's Balls

Where were you born? Tampa, Fl
Current hometown: Gainesville/Tampa
Ever live anywhere else?: No
Nationality/ethnicity: Dad's side is European, Mom's side is Italian/Spanish
Job: UF Student

Favorite hockey team: The Bolts and Ducks
Why do you like them? Lightning: Dad took me to a game for my birthday in 92..hooked on hockey ever since. Ducks: I played with them a lot in hockey video games because I was deadly with Kariya/Selanne. I liked watching them play so they became my "west team" so to speak.
Least favorite: Panthers and Sens mostly, a few other teams as well
Favorite active player on your favorite team: Lecavalier and Richards
Favorite active player on another team: Ryan Getzlaf
All time favorite player if different:
Favorite teams in other sports: 49ers, Rays, Gators, Michigan (dad is from the state so I root for them when they aren't playing UF)

Favorite video/other games: NCAA 08 and Madden
Favorite music: Mostly rock and rap
Favorite movies: Mostly comedies, but I do like some action flicks too
Favorite TV show: Lost and Heroes
Old 01-26-2008, 02:40 AM
Enrico Ciccone's Blimpie Sub

Where were you born? Blackwood, NJ.
Current hometown: Mojave Desert, CA
Ever live anywhere else?: Delaware, Massachusetts, Mannheim Germany, Mainz Germany
Nationality/ethnicity: Mostly Irish, some English
Job: Chemistry Professor
Favorite hockey team: The Bolts
Why do you like them? The style of hockey that they (perhaps used to) play
Favorite hockey team as a kid (if different): The Flyers
Least favorite: Senators and Devils
Favorite active player on your favorite team: Vaclav Prospal
Favorite active player on another team: Brind'amour
All time favorite player if different: Still Vaclav Prospal
Favorite teams in other sports: My daughters' swimming, volleyball and basketball teams

Favorite video/other games: Everquest II
Favorite music: Robin Trower and Al Stewart
Favorite movies: LOTR and Galaxy Quest
Favorite TV show: Right now I'd say Ninja Warrior
Favorite beer or alcoholic beverage of choice: Lobotomy Bock or Bailey's Irish Cream
Have any interesting hobbies? I'm trying to learn how to sing opera.

Anything else to share? I hope someday to sing the National Anthem at a Hockey Game.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:08 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Where were you born? Tampa
Current hometown: Fort Worth, TX
Ever live anywhere else?: No.
Nationality/ethnicity: I think German. And really, really white. I had the grave misfortune of growing up in Florida when my skin burns instead of tanning.
Job: In a nutshell, I'm a business writer.

Favorite hockey team: Tampa Bay Lightning
Why do you like them? I lived in Tampa when they got started and was hooked really fast.
Least favorite: Detroit Red Wings
Favorite active player on your favorite team: Vinny Lecavalier
Favorite active player on another team: Brenden Morrow
All time favorite player: Mario Lemieux
Favorite teams in other sports: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, South Florida Bulls (my alma mater), Dallas Mavericks. Also somewhat of a Dallas Stars fan and officially neutral about the Dallas Cowboys. Could not care less about baseball.

Favorite video/other games: I'm big into vintage gaming - stuff like the Super Mario Bros. series, old-school 16-bit Madden, Tetris, Tecmo Bowl, and some others. I play the new Madden and some other games on PlayStation 2, but I miss the simplicity.
Favorite music: I really hate today's popular music and hip-hop is not my thing. Other than that I'm pretty flexible - rock, "adult alternative", jazz, classical, downtempo, R&B, classic country, you name it.
Favorite movies: Wes Anderson movies, Office Space, Idiocracy, the original Star Wars trilogy, a bunch of independent films you've probably never heard of
Favorite TV show: The Daily Show is the only current show I watch consistently, and I watch Iconoclasts whenever I remember it's on. I'm indifferent at best about everything else, although I do watch quite a bit of sports. Some old favorites include Futurama, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, the first six seasons of The Simpsons, Seinfeld, Sports Night, Coupling (the British version), The Oblongs, and The Critic.
Favorite beer or alcoholic beverage of choice: Don't drink much but I love me some Shiner Bock.
Have any interesting hobbies? Photography (currently agonizing over whether to spend the big bucks on an SLR)

Anything else to share? My wife and I are like square pegs in round holes in Texas. Hopefully we can move somewhere else one day. Also I'm trying to get into graduate school this fall so that my academic career and my real career can finally match.

Last edited by TexasBolt; 01-27-2008 at 01:52 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Snoozin' Zyuzin (aka Suddenly Susan)

Where were you born? Johnson City, TN
Current hometown: St. Pete, FL
Ever live anywhere else?: St. Paul, MN
Nationality/ethnicity: Scottish/Swedish
Job: Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Cartoonist

Why do you like them? Hometown team
Favorite hockey team as a kid (if different): North Stars and Maple Leafs
Least favorite: Philadelphia Flyers
Favorite active player on your favorite team: Lecavalier
Favorite active player on another team: I tend to follow Swedes that aren't named Daniel Alfredsson
All time favorite player if different: Lecavalier followed by Doug Gilmour
Favorite teams in other sports: Devil Rays, Minnesota Gophers, Twins, USF Bulls, FSU Seminoles

Favorite video/other games: When I was a kid it was the Mario franchise, and NHL94; now NCAA Football and NHL2K
Favorite music: Ramones, Replacements, New Bomb Turks, Johnny Cash, Rocket From the Crypt, Buddy Holly
Favorite movies: Too many to list, but my favorite directors are Martin Scorcese, Wes Anderson, Quentin Tarantino, Hayao Miyazaki, Woody Allen, Alfred Hitchcock and the Coen Brothers. I also really like Westerns, Crime, Film Noir, French New Wave, Documentaries, and goof-ball comedies. I also try to watch films released in the Criterion collection as much as I can.
Favorite TV show: 30 Rock
Favorite beer or alcoholic beverage of choice: Beer-Amstel Light / Cocktail- Tom Collins
Have any interesting hobbies? I write, draw and publish mini comics.

Last edited by dannybolt; 01-26-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Where were you born? I'm a native
Current hometown:Seffner FL
Ever live anywhere else?: Nope
Nationality/ethnicity: British/Irish
Job: Corporate Trainer
Favorite hockey team as a kid (if different): Oilers
Least favorite: Cryers
Favorite active player on your favorite team: Jonathan Drouin
Favorite active player on another team: Connor McDavid
All time favorite player if different: The Great One + Peter Forsberg + Lecavalier
Favorite teams in other sports: Bucs & Broncos, Bulls
Favorite video/other games: Ratch & Clank
Favorite music: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - U2 - Tristan Prettyman - Bowling for Soup - The Commitments - Matchbox 20
Favorite movies: Dead Pool- So I Married an Axe Murderer - The Princes Bride - The Commitments - The Holy Grail - Spaceballs - Strange Brew - Mystery Alaska - Better Off Dead - Clerks - Heathers -
Favorite TV show: The Flash - Dr Who - Star Trek - Good Eats
Favorite beer or alcoholic beverage of choice: I don't drink beer all that much but when I do, it's a Guinness. I prefer whisky or bourbon - Crown XO is my current jam!

Last edited by Jester47; 01-17-2017 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Popcorn Server

Where were you born? Chicago, IL
Current hometown: St. Pete, FL
Ever live anywhere else?: Chicago, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Davis, CA.
Nationality/ethnicity: mostly Italian.
Job: software engineer

Why do you like them? The hometown team when I was introduced to hockey about 12 yrs ago.
Favorite hockey team as a kid (if different): Despite growing up in Chi-town, I was never into hockey as a kid.
Least favorite: Cryers, Panthers
Favorite active player on another team: Khabibulin
All time favorite player if different: mmm..dunno...
Favorite teams in other sports: Manchester United. _Devil_ Rays, and Bucs.

Favorite video/other games: Ultima III-V and sit down Spy Hunter.
Favorite music: Miles Davis, John Coltrane, the Grateful Dead, the Sisters of Mercy, Vangelis, oh yeah, and Radiohead.
Favorite movies: Blade Runner, Jaws, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, Star Wars, the LOTR series, and anything by David Lynch.
Favorite TV show: Twin Peaks.
Favorite beer or alcoholic beverage of choice: Guiness, Delerium Noel, and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
Have any interesting hobbies? Listening to music, studying music, playing music...

Anything else to share? Degustibus non est disputandum.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Cooper's Law

Where were you born? Detroit, MI
Current hometown: Tampa
Ever live anywhere else?: Washington D.C., Arlington Heights, IL, and Rock Island, IL
Nationality/ethnicity: Orange Irish and Croatian.
Job: Own Accounting and Tax Prep business.

Why do you like them? Hometown team. Been here since 1980 so allegiance to the Blackhawks had faded away when the Lightning got started.
Favorite hockey team as a kid (if different): Blackhawks.
Least favorite: 'turds and Red Wings.
Favorite active player on another team: Sakic, class guy.
All time favorite player if different: Stan Mikita, Pete Mahovolich, Gordie Howe.
Favorite teams in other sports: Bucs, Gators, Rays

Favorite video/other games: Pong, Tank, and Centipede. j/k, I haven't played any games since these were popular.
Favorite music: Genesis, FZ, Tom Petty, CSNY, Kansas, 70's prog rock.
Favorite movies: Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill 1 & 2, LOTR series, Gladiator.
Favorite TV show: The Office, Bill Maher, The Wire, Sopranos.
Favorite beer or alcoholic beverage of choice: Heilemann's Special Export (memories), Yuengling, Ketel One, 1800 Reposado.
Have any interesting hobbies? Lousy golfer, but I still enjoy. World Woods on Friday, woo-hoo!

Anything else to share? If you pay to get your taxes done, don't go to H & R Block, Jackson Hewitt, Liberty, Amscot or any of that ilk. They are over priced and under skilled. Pawn your jewelry before taking a tax refund anticipation loan, it will be cheaper. If searching for a paid preparer and have no personal references find an Enrolled Agent (IRS tested and approved). CPAs are not a sure thing as most CPAs were trained in audit and review, not taxation.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Jay Feaster's Cheeto Encrusted Thumb

Where were you born? Lafayette, In.
Current hometown: Clearwater, FL
Ever live anywhere else?: Baltimore, Jackson, Ms. Birmingham & Tuscaloosa, Al, St. Louis, Pensacola, Tampa & St. Petersburg, Fl
Nationality/ethnicity: 1st half-breed in my Italian mother's family, I can feel the American Indian burning inside m at times also.
Job: Middle school math teacher
Favorite hockey team: Tampa Bay
Why do you like them? They're my home team! One I can intimately follow.
Favorite hockey team as a kid (if different): Blackhawks of Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita and my favorite name in hockey - Eric Nesterenko
Least favorite: Bruins both as a Hawks and Lightning fan
Favorite active player on your favorite team: Shane O'Brien
All time favorite player if different: Bobby Hull
Favorite teams in other sports: Devil Rays, Alabama Crimson Tide, Purdue Boilermakers

Anything else to share? My daughter played in a club volleyball tournament yesterday against Dave Andreychuk's daughter. We won.

Last May, two of my former high school baseball players - Nick Massett of the White Sox and Tyler Clippard of the Yankees made their first major league pitching starts on the same day. Both of them got credit for the win.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Where were you born? St. Pete
Current hometown: Jax
Ever live anywhere else?: Chicago 1yr, Norfolk 1yr, San Diego 2.5 yr, Naples Italy 3yr, Jax 1yr so far...
Nationality/ethnicity: German, English, Irish, and Scot-ish!
Job: Electronics Tech

Favorite hockey team: TBL
Why do you like them? From the area, and just started following then. They're much closer than the Pens.
Favorite hockey team as a kid (if different): Pens. Fam all from there.
Least favorite: Flyers
Favorite active player on another team: hmmm...
All time favorite player if different: Super Mario
Favorite teams in other sports: Bucs, Bulls, Magic, suppose the Rays

Favorite video/other games: Metriod was mine. Madden. oh and age of empires games, and age of mythology. Like history type games.
Favorite music: almost everything but Country and Spears
Favorite movies: Transformers, Master and Commander, LOTR series, Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potters, and the one where my signature quote is from!
Favorite TV show: Lost, Seinfeld, Friends, West Wing, History Channel
Favorite beer or alcoholic beverage of choice: Jack and Coke.
Have any interesting hobbies? Cycling, sailing around the world
Anything else to share? Been to quite a few European countries, so if you plan to travel to any and have questions just email and ask. I know Italy very, very well, Greece very well, France (Paris and South of France) well, and London and Portsmouth area well.

Last edited by jaydeedub; 02-15-2008 at 08:34 PM.