BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 10-29-2013, 09:35 PM
BP Staff

I just am mystified at that effort.

Flat? Check.

Sloppy? Check.

Clumsy? Check.

Stupid? Check.

Pretty much across the board. Every touch of the puck had an extra bobble. Every pass slightly off (and very soft). Unemotional for at least half the game. And, stupid penalties in the Third Period to make sure they weren't going to come back.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
Malone needs to be demoted and Panik needs to be sent down.

Bishop and Stamkos were the only two who showed up tonight, it was pathetic.
I liked Johnson too
Old 10-29-2013, 09:39 PM
BP Staff

Palat was ok. Killorn was ok.

Thought Sustr played too big for his britches and I thought Gudas was playing stupid and teetering on out of control at points.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbolt12 View Post
That was like a fucking root canal.
What a coincidence. I had a dentist appointment this morning. Watching the hockey game was more painful.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:22 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Going by Pete's Twitter, it sounds like I made a good call not subjecting myself to the NBCSN studio gong show. Now Roenick is going full Millbury, too?
Old 10-29-2013, 10:52 PM
Len Barrie's Fiscal Cliff

Looks like I picked a good night to skip the game in favor of studying.
I'm glad to hear Stammer continued his strong play post-Boston. I'm sorry to hear that he is nearly alone in that assessment.

This is all part of the growing pains of having as many rookies and 2nd year players as we have on our roster.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:26 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobo_24 View Post
Way to hustle Malone. Please dont risk hustling on. 3v1 on a giveaway by carle
That was terrible. It looked like three guys just gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I just am mystified at that effort.
Flat? Check.
Sloppy? Check.
Clumsy? Check.
Stupid? Check.
Pretty much across the board. Every touch of the puck had an extra bobble. Every pass slightly off (and very soft). Unemotional for at least half the game. And, stupid penalties in the Third Period to make sure they weren't going to come back.
Couldn't have said it better.

BTW, every time a guy makes a save, he doesn't deserve a ceremonial chant. Shut the * up.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:54 AM
Cooper's Law

Usually I like Engblom, and he looks for nice things to say about the Lightning. But last night I thought he'd suffocate--couldn't get his tongue out of Jaromir Jagr's "big behind" long enough to get a breath.

I thought Johnson, Stamkos and Bishop were the lone bright spots in a puzzling display of exactly what NOT to do in a hockey game, by everyone else at every position, in every circumstance. It was a like a lesson in reverse. Only by the blessings & grace of the Bishop was that score not horribly, embarrassingly lopsided....like, 8-1 or worse. Absolutely the game's #1 star. This guy is the real deal, possesses the same cool demeanor no matter the situation (unlike Lindbackup) and totally gave this team a chance to win a game they had no business even being IN...how you give up a 3-on-1 shorthanded in any league is beyond me. Every year I seem to sing the same refrain: He's my favorite player but can we PLEASE get Marty St. Louis off the fucking point?? The little bastard is at sea out there, has zero reach, zero knack for keeping pucks in, skates back hard as anyone yet can't play D after a breakout to save his life, and that position is simply not the best use of his puckhandling or skating skills. With Marty they need to make like every single one of my pencils...no more point.

Four shots a period, the ridiculous turnovers, the casual air of lazy passes...and lolligagging with a wide open net staring you in the face, what was Panik thinking?? No hitting...how the fuck do you get outhit by the team that has the puck all damn night?? It defies belief. Not even a fight to stir things up. Nothing.

Pluh

Last edited by Top Shelf; 10-30-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:31 AM
Cooper's Law

Well, at least the Bolts won't be remembered for another NHL record going against them:

Quote:
Jaromir Jagr scored his 119th game winning goal on Tuesday, but it's not yet an NHL record as previously thought.

Jaromir Jagr's second period goal against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday night was his third of the season and the 684th of his incredible career.

It was also one for the record books. Or so we thought.

Jagr's goal was the game winner in New Jersey's 2-1 win -- extending the Devils winning streak to their longest of the season ... two games -- which gives him 119 game winning goals in his career. It was believed that goal moved him into sole possession on first place on the NHL's game winning goal leaderboard, moving ahead of Phil Esposito. Everybody believed that because the information came from an admittedly sketchy source: The NHL itself.

It turns out -- and this is the most NHL thing possible -- that information was incorrect.

Jagr did in fact move ahead of Phil Esposito on the game winning goal list, but he is still two behind Gordie Howe (121) for the all-time lead. According to the Elias Sports Bureau the previous goal total only included goals going back to the 1967-68 season.
sbnation.com
Old 10-30-2013, 08:31 AM
Cooper's Law

I forgot to bitch about the NBC guys. Usually Strader and Engblom are palatable, but holy crap did they suck last night. Can you guys please talk about the game being played in front of you and not keep yammering about other things?