BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 08-10-2020, 05:10 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Zo you think a TON more of the Jackets defense than I do.
I'm aware!
Old 08-10-2020, 05:10 PM

Against the Blue Jackets, wouldn't have had it any other way.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:41 PM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

Someone help me understand why Cooper has to be so sorely when anyone asks a question on Stamkos or Hedmans injuries....It just comes across as being a jerk for no reason. Just say, I'm not expecting them to play or whatever...

Not seeing the great advantage of being all secretive and evasive about every injury.

I personally do not think we advance from this round without Stamkos and Hedman. I could be wrong.

Last edited by Kizman; 08-10-2020 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:28 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizman View Post
I personally do not think we advance from this round without Stamkos and Hedman. I could be wrong.
Vasy has to play out of his skull for us to win. We are notoriously slow starters, and by the time we get going, its too late.

We also need some timely secondary scoring off the 3rd / 4th line from an unknown to be determined hero, any guesses would be entertaining.

Its not our game, but the Flyers were fast and in the first period we looked like a team playing in its first A level beer league game.
Depending on what Torts has in mind, we gotta either match their speed or hit, and hit a ton to slow them down and make good on our scoring chances.

Last, as usual, win face offs, afterburner speed...especially thru the neutral ice zone, drive the post, shots shots shots, get in front of the net, keep our slot clear and stay out of the box.

Come on boys, Go Bolts.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:45 PM

At least we can go into this with low expectations this time.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:20 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Mine are not low.

In his first 2/3 tune up games, Vasi gave up 2 goals. That should be good enough to win 9/10 games with the firepower the Lightning bring to the table. Ironically, looking better against Philly where he gave up 4. I'm not sweating Vasi.

How about Defense. Losing a Norris trophy, best 3 in the world, and the Lightning still have the luxury of having 2 other top pair quality left siders to lean on. I didn't kick nearly as much dirt on McD (who was rehabbing a broken foot) as others in the distant regular season, and he's looked mighty sharp since the break. Serge continues to improve. Yeah, he still makes mistakes. Just like 99% of the league. On the right side, you have Bogosion, who looked just fine, Cernak, who nobody has issues with, and Shattenkirk, who again, makes mistakes. Like 99% of the league.

Shall we discuss our forwards? Last year we had the deepest set of forwards in the NHL, by most pundits estimations. The knock was too much finesse, not enough lunch pail. Welp, now we have added Coleman and Goodrow. Two guys that are tough to play against. With the addition of Bogosian, while its true we won't be confused for the Broad Street Bully's I doubt this team goes out with a whimper again. Killorn is in the midst of bringing the apocalypse, and TJ is actually playing like he remembers what he is capable of. Without Stamkos there is still danger all over the forward lines, and I'd take the pepsi challenge with damn near any forward corp in the league with what we are rolling out. We still have a healthy Hart trophy winner, two of the best two way forwards in the game in Point and Cirelli, a rejuvenated Gourde on the lower lines, a healthy Palat on the top lines....there's still loads of firepower in the forward ranks despite not having Stamkos available, yet.

Does losing Hedman hurt? A shit ton. Does losing Stamkos hurt? A hell of a lot less, if we're being honest, but I'd surely love to see him out there.

Does it mean we are going to have to react rather than force CBJ to play our game? Fuck that. This is ours to lose. This is team is too damn deep and too damn good to be hand wringing.

No excuses for this team. It's now or never. They have the roster to do it, without Hedman and Stamkos. They can buy time until Hedman and Stammer get back, in whatever shape that takes.

The determining factor will be if Cooper prepares them to act like they belong, or if they will turtle under the expectations like last year. I'm optimistic.

Bolts in 6.

Last edited by dannybolt; 08-11-2020 at 07:38 AM.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
Mine are not low.

In his first 2/3 tune up games, Vasi gave up 2 goals. That should be good enough to win 9/10 games with the firepower the Lightning bring to the table. Ironically, looking better against Philly where he gave up 4. I'm not sweating Vasi.

How about Defense. Losing a Norris trophy, best 3 in the world, and the Lightning still have the luxury of having 2 other top pair quality left siders to lean on. I didn't kick nearly as much dirt on McD (who was rehabbing a broken foot) as others in the distant regular season, and he's looked mighty sharp since the break. Serge continues to improve. Yeah, he still makes mistakes. Just like 99% of the league. On the right side, you have Bogosion, who looked just fine, Cernak, who nobody has issues with, and Shattenkirk, who again, makes mistakes. Like 99% of the league.

Shall we discuss our forwards? Last year we had the deepest set of forwards in the NHL, by most pundits estimations. The knock was too much finesse, not enough lunch pail. Welp, now we have added Coleman and Goodrow. Two guys that are tough to play against. With the addition of Bogosian, while its true we won't be confused for the Broad Street Bully's I doubt this team goes out with a whimper again. Killorn is in the midst of bringing the apocalypse, and TJ is actually playing like he remembers what he is capable of. Without Stamkos there is still danger all over the forward lines, and I'd take the pepsi challenge with damn near any forward corp in the league with what we are rolling out. We still have a healthy Hart trophy winner, two of the best two way forwards in the game in Point and Cirelli, a rejuvenated Gourde on the lower lines, a healthy Palat on the top lines....there's still loads of firepower in the forward ranks despite not having Stamkos available, yet.

Does losing Hedman hurt? A shit ton. Does losing Stamkos hurt? A hell of a lot less, if we're being honest, but I'd surely love to see him out there.

Does it mean we are going to have to react rather than force CBJ to play our game? Fuck that. This is ours to lose. This is team is too damn deep and too damn good to be hand wringing.

No excuses for this team. It's now or never. They have the roster to do it, without Hedman and Stamkos. They can buy time until Hedman and Stammer get back, in whatever shape that takes.

The determining factor will be if Cooper prepares them to act like they belong, or if they will turtle under the expectations like last year. I'm optimistic.

Bolts in 6.
Pretty much my exact feelings, and why I pick Columbus in 6.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:37 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Pretty much my exact feelings, and why I pick Columbus in 6.
So you agree with my assessment, and think it matters not, that the Bolts lose in 6. I guess that means you have no confidence in the additional size and grit, that the mentality of the team is still too fragile?
Old 08-11-2020, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
So you agree with my assessment, and think it matters not, that the Bolts lose in 6. I guess that means you have no confidence in the additional size and grit, that the mentality of the team is still too fragile?
You have more faith in your determining factor than I do. I don't trust cooper to have this team up and going, nor do I have faith in him being able to counter torts.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
You have more faith in your determining factor than I do. I don't trust cooper to have this team up and going, nor do I have faith in him being able to counter torts.
If they lose to Columbus again, Cooper had better be gone as well.