BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Talk

Old 02-10-2020, 10:36 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

USF Twitter went absolutely berserk yesterday because they would put Quinton Flowers in the game and start moving, then take him out and stall immediately. Itís like the coach who has been fired 9 or 10 times in his career might actually be a bad coach!
Old 02-12-2020, 02:41 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Couple of things.

1 Phillip Rivers from SD/LA Chargers, possibly coming to Tampa?
Could this be good?
Are the Bucs finally ready to move on from Winston?
,,,,and, was that talk of Winston being nearsighted, and playing nearsighted, true?
Are the Bucs going to draft a QB in this years draft to bring along under....whoever?
Why no Tom Brady free agent talk?

2 New Uniforms blending old and new?
https://thepewterplank.com/2020/02/1...-new-uniforms/
Old 02-12-2020, 05:30 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

Every time I feel utterly depressed about the state of life, which is unfortunately often, I go on Twitter and see all the people raving at the thought of Rivers as the starting QB here. It's just insane. $30 mil or more for that guy just proves it's less about the turnovers and erratic play that supposedly doom Jameis and something a bit...different.

Confirmed today Jameis was playing with a torn meniscus for much of the 2019 season. He had surgery to fix that, AND (at long last), Lasik.

The Bucs keep including him in their latest promos, too. I don't really see that happening unless there's even the slightest possibility he comes back. If they announce the new uniforms and bring him out in the new threads, I think the Bay area's collective internet will crash.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:36 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Yeah I'm not crazy about Rivers either. No sense in getting an old fart like him or Brady, imo.

Might as well just franchise tag Winston at least. Let's see what he can do now that he can fucking see, lol.

Last edited by Hoek; 02-12-2020 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:20 PM
BP Staff

Have the Vipers given up on ex-dwag Aaron Murray already? After just one week?

THWg

Replaced him with Don Cornelius no less.

Old 02-15-2020, 08:37 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

I finally realized why these spring leagues fail. They hire a bunch of old washed-up coaches like Marc Trestman and Jim Zorn who think they might have a way back into the NFL someday, and they run their same boring offenses and they make their same bad decisions, and lo and behold the games are awful. These XFL games should look more like college games and the rules are set up for creativity, but they end up looking like the second half of every preseason NFL game ever. No one’s going to spend money to watch that in person.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:16 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

So damn true. Inexcusable how boring this is.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:52 PM
BP Staff

That's why I liked that the AAF was set up to appeal to college fans, at least in the roster composition with the regional allocation rules. The XFL has really gone all in trying to build this like a developmental league for the NFL and I'm positive there will be NFL players that come out of it (I'd take a flyer on Cardale Jones, if I were a NFL team, for instance), but half the time the football is unwatchably bad.

It would be better if there were an explicit deal between the two leagues and the NFL had affiliation agreements and actually placed players in the XFL the same way they did with the WLAF/NFL Europe.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:25 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

PM Jab radio talk show out of Portland Maine continues to speculate how Tom Brady would be a great fit for the Bucs at QB this year. (We are 1800 miles from Tampa, trust me, the talk is all about the New England area teams, NOT Tampa... but they keep coming up with these two radio hosts)
They say the Bucs were 7-9 with no QB and tons of weapons which BTW, Brady DID NOT have with the Pats last season. I think Brady had 24 TD's with 8 picks with no running game and no deep threat to spread the field.

No Gronk, so, no TE
Edleman hurt / played hurt, Terrell Owens come and gone. Josh Gordon not effective at all.
...and Sony Michel did not have the running year he had the year before.

No wide receiver deep threat so they defenses were crowding the box all season on him.

I guess they are saying, the Bucs time to win, (Like the Lightning) is now.
Apparently the Bucs have tons of cap space, and the Pats do not....and to top it off, to keep Brady the Pats need to bring in weapons which they did not have last season which cost $$$, on top of the 30 million or more per year $$$ Brady will look for. Not a good fit for the Pats. It's doubtful they can get it done unless Brady gives them another home town discount.

So....its not like the Bucs have made ANY difference in the league now for a while. Trade up in the draft, get your young QB this season and let him school up a couple years under Brady.
Grant you if Brady gets a 3 year deal that third year with Brady at 45 years old means you are in all likelyhood going to eat that last year as he transitions out of the NFL, but otherwise, what do you have to lose?

The reality is, lasik or not, you are NOT going to win with Winston. You went 7-9 DESPITE Winston. Put in a solid game manager QB with less than 10 picks and the Bucs are a playoff team.
Ain't no team in the league other than MAYBE the Chiefs can absorb 30 picks and expect to win. He just can't read the D fast enough.
Time to move on. (Forward)
Go Bucs!

Last edited by gphockey; 02-18-2020 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:00 PM
BP Staff

Arians' needs a QB that can throw the deep ball. Not sure that's Brady at this point in his career.