BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 05-31-2015, 11:24 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Donate to help those with Cancer

Now that everyone is super happy about the SCF... not to be a Debbie Downer...

So some of you may know I've been running a bunch lately like Mr. Gump... I'm training for a Half Marathon in November which I running for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) Charity Team... The LLS supports those with blood cancers, which is what my Mother's cancer Multiple Myeloma falls into. Its hard to think that she wont see my 9 year old daughter get married let alone even graduate highschool and my infant son will never really know her but for a photograph and stories. Cancers tend to run in family having lost two grandparents to it, two great uncles and one great aunt. It is my motivation that chases me to try to run away from it and hopefully it will never get to me.

About 8 million people die each year from cancer, which if you've known anyone to have been lost by cancer it is normally never an easy way to go. I really believe with advances in technology and medicine one day we will end this plague of our lifetime. I'm asking my friends and family to donate just 13$ - 1$ for every mile I will run during the event. I'm also cooking food for my class for lunch next week for donations! Hope they like my menu...

Below is the link to my charity page. Thanks in advance to anyone who donates - and I will say for those who have not been affected by cancer one day you will, either be it a family or friend or worse

http://pages.teamintraining.org/ncfl...justintime2run
Old 05-31-2015, 12:25 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Great cause. Sent you a little help.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Great cause. Sent you a little help.
Thank you SO MUCH! Obviously I couldn't say it enough but thank you much. Eventually some time hopefully we'll be in the arena at the same time and I can personally thank you with a handshake.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydeedub View Post
Thank you SO MUCH! Obviously I couldn't say it enough but thank you much. Eventually some time hopefully we'll be in the arena at the same time and I can personally thank you with a handshake.
No problem. It is a very worthy cause. My wife is cancer free 9 years now. I just wish they could find a cure for all types of cancer.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
No problem. It is a very worthy cause. My wife is cancer free 9 years now. I just wish they could find a cure for all types of cancer.
That's great to hear.

I think since Multiple Myeloma is more rare than most it might take a little longer to find a cure. Hopefully once the code is cracked on a few of the larger groups the keys to their cures will help all the other types.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:47 PM

Thank you Zo! Much appreciated! Can't ever thank people enough... though I planning on taking all my donors with me for the 13.1 miles by writing their names on the inside of my bib. Thanks again!
Old 06-03-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Thank you Zo! Much appreciated! Can't ever thank people enough... though I planning on taking all my donors with me for the 13.1 miles by writing their names on the inside of my bib. Thanks again!
Not a problem!
Old 06-04-2015, 11:57 AM

If from here...to whoever donated $100 big ones anonymously to my charity for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society I thank you very, very much. PLEASE send me a private message telling me who you are so I can place your name on the inside of my bib for the Space Coast Marathon & Half Marathon so I can honor your contribution and "take you along" for the 13.1 mile ride. Thanks again whoever you are!
Old 06-04-2015, 12:18 PM

Default thanks Burn!

Thanks BurnTHalO for your donation! Though I'll put "Lou" down inside my bib if that's cool? Shorter than BurnThalO and I have a lot of names to write down...
Old 06-04-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks BurnTHalO for your donation! Though I'll put "Lou" down inside my bib if that's cool? Shorter than BurnThalO and I have a lot of names to write down...
Haha, all good man. Keep it up man, very cool to get to support a board member in a great cause.