Old 08-28-2013, 07:43 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Please tell me you kept it?!?!?!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:45 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMite26 View Post
In my heart and soul, I feel like this was just an attempt to get us to buy the new sweater they're going to come out with in 2-3 years. It'll be big bucks and exactly what we wanted. Back in black, but really.

There's probably some corporate playbook somewhere that says to do this to sell more uniforms in 2-4 year increments.
They'll sell more jerseys when they look better and represent our team colors, IMHO

The only recent, successful, major changes in team color identity I can think of were PHX, LA, and to a lesser degree NJ replacing the green with black--outside of garish Xmas sweaters, red and green just don't really look that 'good' together on clothing (sorry, Minnie). For a great example look to Buffalo...are they still in red, black & white? Are the Isles sporting any turquoise? Are the Canucks still lumbering about in red, black & puke yellow, or in maroon & blue? Or did their fans get them to go back to "their" original team colors? Just as the Blues got the red out of their unis, we need to get the black back in.

(Not advocating return to purple & gold for the Kings...I dunno, there's just something about black, silver & white skating the Cup....)
Old 08-28-2013, 11:22 AM
BP Staff

Of course I kept it. That's history right there.

This message is hidden because WaiverWire is on your ignore list.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I was just cleaning out my closet and pulled out an old Atlanta Knights replica home jersey from the pile. There's a blast from the past for Tim.
If it was a Chris LiPuma jersey, we'd be negotiating fair compensation.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:59 AM
BP Staff

Nope. Just a fan replica model.

This message is hidden because WaiverWire is on your ignore list.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
I was just cleaning out my closet and pulled out an old Atlanta Knights replica home jersey from the pile. There's a blast from the past for Tim.
I was just chatting with my buddy's pop about them. The family is from the Atlanta area and he was saying how proud my buddy was when he got Gretzky's signature. I may have been one of the few people he's told that to who knew it was Brent's, not Wayne's
Old 08-29-2013, 02:21 PM
The Bulin Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
I like the current 3rd jersey too. (With the old logo on the patch). I wear that more than any of them.
I have 26 St Louis in that same jersey I wear to each game.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Quote:
Of course I kept it. That's history right there.
Just checkin' LOL
Old 08-31-2013, 07:22 AM
Rick Tocchet's Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
They'll sell more jerseys when they look better and represent our team colors, IMHO

The only recent, successful, major changes in team color identity I can think of were PHX, LA, and to a lesser degree NJ replacing the green with black--outside of garish Xmas sweaters, red and green just don't really look that 'good' together on clothing (sorry, Minnie). For a great example look to Buffalo...are they still in red, black & white? Are the Isles sporting any turquoise? Are the Canucks still lumbering about in red, black & puke yellow, or in maroon & blue? Or did their fans get them to go back to "their" original team colors? Just as the Blues got the red out of their unis, we need to get the black back in.

(Not advocating return to purple & gold for the Kings...I dunno, there's just something about black, silver & white skating the Cup....)
I don't think there will be a 'major' color change for the Bolts as everything in the redesign of the facility was based on the 'Blue Logo'. Including Paint, rugs, floors, chairs, seating and uniforms. Yes we might see a subtle entrance of the 'so called revered black' back into the uniforms but I don't think Mr. Vinik will layout another 20 - 25mil to redo the inside of the facility.

I'd much rather the money be spent on finding adequate defenseman and goalies to fill the holes from 1 - 6 and #1 and #2 netminder that we statistically have. Last year we ranked 27th out of 30 for ga the previous year 20th. When trailing after the 1st period we won only 23% of our games in 11/12 and last year we won 17% of our games after trailing in the first. No rocket science our problems are from the blue line in and the inability to show team toughness to gut out wins from behind. Our 'd' and 'tenders' are, were, still look to be soft. Let's hope change of coach and some coaching that is effective will teach the basic skills to our 'd' and 'tenders'.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:28 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Blue was the primary color of the facility since the beginning, wasn't it? The Lightning were always referred to as a "Black and Blue" team early on as a marketing gimmick. So I don't think they'd have to redo everything again if they went back to black, but I agree if they do anything it'll be more along the lines of some trim, kind of like what they did with the numbers and bolt on the pants.