BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBFANATIC View Post
If your going to ask that question, you need to ask whether Feaster is capable of outbidding other teams for offensive improvements this summer too. Your comparing apples to oranges.
he's right. i've seen a lot of people say why didn't we go for huet, as if going after the only decent ufa goalie was a sure thing. no doubt if we'd gone that route, people would've been yelling for feaster's head for it.

if you could force ufas to do what you want, khabi would've signed here.

i missed most of the 2nd, seems that was probably a good thing.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
he's right. i've seen a lot of people say why didn't we go for huet, as if going after the only decent ufa goalie was a sure thing. no doubt if we'd gone that route, people would've been yelling for feaster's head for it.
Not only that it wouldn't matter, cause the system sucks and they'll always leave the goalie hung out to dry!!
Old 03-01-2008, 09:45 PM
BP Staff

Ranger has looked physically and mentally exhausted for the past month now. I don't see the harm in giving him a couple of games off to sit in the pressbox and get his head right again, and it would give the Lightning the opportunity to call up Smaby, Mihalik, or Scalzo for a cup of coffee.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Ranger has looked physically and mentally exhausted for the past month now. I don't see the harm in giving him a couple of games off to sit in the pressbox and get his head right again, and it would give the Lightning the opportunity to call up Smaby, Mihalik, or Scalzo for a cup of coffee.
Scalzo stinks.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2004 View Post
I'm not comparing anything, you're just trying to dodge the question. Do you really believe it would be a "sure thing" that we would outbid other teams for Huet if we had picked him up.?
Huet in net is a sure thing, which is what I obviously was referring to. And you are right, there is no guarantee that we sign Huet, but it would have definitely given us the inside track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
I didn't wait for Feaster to nab Smith to start asking for him to get a sure thing, I've been asking for him to get a sure thing since the Grahame-Burke debacle. I definitely wouldn't be calling for Feaster's head for finally fixing the single biggest problem of the team in one swipe, instead of playing musical chairs with the goaltenders, trading franchise centers, and using second round picks on players like Chris Gratton. He didn't even have to go after Huet, that was just an example, what about Brygalov? His name was talked about on the forums for months before Anaheim finally waived him.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:04 PM

Hasenf*** is as bad as Van Massenhoven. Geez. What a bunch of divers the Canes are. But it's worse that the refs couldn't figure that out. The call on Smith was absolutely ridiculous. So, Staal can run the goalie, but Smith can;t move his stick back into position? Unbeleiveable.
I want a Torts meltdown after that game.
It was at least entertaining to watch Smith handle to puck in the third period. He was like, you guys can't handle it, I'll do the work for ya. LOL. He should not have played tonight, but I can't fault him for much of what happened. Although I'd like to see him be more efficient with his movements.
How bout that Sergei Samsonov? Nah, not worth and waiver pickup...
Old 03-01-2008, 10:07 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Scalzo stinks.
It depends on what night you get him.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBFANATIC View Post
Huet in net is a sure thing, which is what I obviously was referring to. And you are right, there is no guarantee that we sign Huet, but it would have definitely given us the inside track.

I didn't wait for Feaster to nab Smith to start asking for him to get a sure thing, I've been asking for him to get a sure thing since the Grahame-Burke debacle. I definitely wouldn't be calling for Feaster's head for finally fixing the single biggest problem of the team in one swipe, instead of playing musical chairs with the goaltenders, trading franchise centers, and using second round picks on players like Chris Gratton. He didn't even have to go after Huet, that was just an example, what about Brygalov? His name was talked about on the forums for months before Anaheim finally waived him.
Umm. Huet is not a sure thing. I would never give him a long-term deal...And, why in the heck would we trade a No. 2 for a UFA?
Am I misunderstanding you?
--
Bryzgalov. Yes. We should have nabbed him in December if it was possible. But it sounds like there was some odd circumstances there that we will probably never know.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
It depends on what night you get him.
LOL. I guess so. He stunk in Hartford Friday.
Is fricken Rogers hurt again? I'm about done with that guy.
You mean Egener and Rogers can't play over Rosehill?
Old 03-01-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLightning26 View Post
Umm. Huet is not a sure thing. I would never give him a long-term deal...And, why in the heck would we trade a No. 2 for a UFA?
Am I misunderstanding you?
--
Bryzgalov. Yes. We should have nabbed him in December if it was possible. But it sounds like there was some odd circumstances there that we will probably never know.
Yes you are. I would have went after Huet early this season(or any "sure thing), before the Lightning screwed themselves out of the playoffs. It was obvious that the Lightning were inept in goal coming into this season. After it became apparent that the Lightning weren't going to make the playoffs, I would have just kept a Ramo-Holmqvist tandem and waited until the off season to find a short term solution in net. If Huet was unavailable, I would have went after a veteran goaltender who could "mentor" Ramo. I can't believe after a few weeks of talking this up people still don't understand my position on this.

As for Bryzgalov, Feaster was on 620 shortly after he went to Pheonix and somebody asked him why he didn't go after him. He responded that he didn't think Ilya would be a good fit in the locker room...