BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 02-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
for all whe drank the Koule-aid,,,,Oh well. you will get over it.
I love the "I told you so" angle. Love it. When you have nothing else to say, just brag that your assumption turned out correct, pull out the "Koule-aid" comment (less than 24 hours after we wondered when you'd show up for it) and just generally bring nothing but negativity to the table.

I gave these guys a chance from the beginning but they quickly sunk the ship. I don't think I need to eat crow for hoping that new owners would do what they said they would do, but then flamed out. PS&E wasn't acting like they were going to produce another winner anytime soon.

That said, I'm glad these guys are gone. OK seemed .. well, okay. But they were in over their heads.

Things are looking up (and I think a lot of that can be attributed to Lawton .. I'm not sure why people are so willing to let him go) and I'm hopeful for Vinik.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery86 View Post
I don't think I need to eat crow for hoping that new owners would do what they said they would do, but then flamed out.
Wasn't you I was talking about.

Quote:
Things are looking up (and I think a lot of that can be attributed to Lawton .. I'm not sure why people are so willing to let him go) and I'm hopeful for Vinik.
Me either, makes no sense to me. This is the best stretch they've had this late in the season in...forever, this is no time to be blowing things up. It seems the players are blocking out the sales stuff so far, let's hope they continue to do so. If they crash and burn the rest of the season then maybe there'd be a reason to change course. I don't think anyone's in love with Lawton, but some people are not giving him any credit whatsoever.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:47 AM
WaiverWire

Quote:
Whoever was championing them over PS&E needs to eat some crow.
Why?

PS&E, or lets say Mr. Davidson, had lost total interest in this team. They were cutting their loses and cutting payroll in order to set the team up for a sale. At the time nobody wanted this team but OK Hockey. Without them no one knows what we may look like today had PS&E been unable to unload the team for another year or so.

I was happy to see Mr. Davidson come, but also happy to see him go. I can't speak for you or any others, but I do not want an owner that does not want to be here and I definitely do not want an owner that has lost interest in his team.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery86 View Post
Things are looking up (and I think a lot of that can be attributed to Lawton .. I'm not sure why people are so willing to let him go)
Believe me, there are many reasons...
Old 02-05-2010, 01:52 PM

Maybe we need a Lawton poll.

My position. Keep him. But I think history has shown the new guy will want his own person.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Maybe we need a Lawton poll.
Anyone can make polls, you know
Old 02-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Cooper's Law

I think Lawton's done a pretty good job overall. I'd like to see him stay for the time being.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLightning26 View Post
Believe me, there are many reasons...
Feel free to share. I'd love to hear these... most of the time (not you specifically CT, just in general) when I ask people why they dislike Lawton, the most common answer is one of "there are reasons, or ... i just dont like him" Nothing solid or tangible. I'm just curious if it's just a personal feeling you have, or if there's something specific you don't like. Either ways is perfectly fine of course...just trying to really get down to why people aren't a fan of his.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Dave Mishkin's Larynx

Bad times can be factored in but these guys were under-capitalized to begin with - not since Davidson has this franchise been properly capitalized (even though Dollar Bill was tough to pry a dollar from he did eventually do the right thing)
Old 02-05-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
Anyone can make polls, you know
Not when you are too lazy to learn. (That would be me)