BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 05-01-2018, 09:50 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Dudley hired as VP of hockey operations in Carolina.

I still believe Dudley was the worst GM in Tampa history and that is a low bar to clear.

It gets better - Don Waddell is a candidate for the GM job.

A hands on owner, Dudley and Waddell. Thatís a recipe for success.
If I didnít know better Iíd say theyíre poisoning the market so they can move.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:03 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro View Post
Ron Francis had his contract terminated. Shit show continues in Carolina.
And replaced with Rcik Dudley. Hurricane fans would kill to have the cowboys as owners at this point.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:09 PM

Omg poor Canes fans
Old 05-01-2018, 08:04 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Carolina should be fine. They got the 2nd pick in the draft from the lottery which likely means they get to pick Andrei Svechnikov to add to a nice group of young forwards. They got a nice group of young defensemen. If they can get decent goaltending, they will be a playoff team next year. Francis did a good job stocking their system with young players, but he never really brought in good veterans to help mold the team (Justin Williams was a good sign, but there wasn't much beyond him). I thought Peters was a lousy coach, but maybe it was just his on ice personnel. They got a lot of work to do and the Dudley hire doesn't exactly seem like a step forward. I want to see who the new coach is before making too much judgement though.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:29 PM

I'm very surprised to see Carolina falling apart. It's extremely difficult to build up the kind of young defensive core they have. A modest rookie campaign by Svechnikov and average goaltending would make them a bubble team.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:46 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
I'm very surprised to see Carolina falling apart. It's extremely difficult to build up the kind of young defensive core they have. A modest rookie campaign by Svechnikov and average goaltending would make them a bubble team.
I canít wait for Yzerman to rob Dudley blind for some of that young defensive core.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
Carolina should be fine. They got the 2nd pick in the draft from the lottery which likely means they get to pick Andrei Svechnikov to add to a nice group of young forwards. They got a nice group of young defensemen. If they can get decent goaltending, they will be a playoff team next year. Francis did a good job stocking their system with young players, but he never really brought in good veterans to help mold the team (Justin Williams was a good sign, but there wasn't much beyond him). I thought Peters was a lousy coach, but maybe it was just his on ice personnel. They got a lot of work to do and the Dudley hire doesn't exactly seem like a step forward. I want to see who the new coach is before making too much judgement though.
In 3 drafts with the Lightning, he traded away the first round pick twice. He never drafted 1 player that scored more than 20 goals during their career despite making the #3 and #5 draft picks in those drafts. He made 22 trades. Only 2 of those could be considered improvements. The rest were minor trades or losses for the team. And remember, he had a deal on the table to trade away Vinny for marginal players.

He was the worst GM in Lightning history, and that is a very low bar to be under.

Last edited by Donnie D; 05-01-2018 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:07 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
In 3 drafts with the Lightning, he traded away the first round pick twice. He never drafted 1 player that scored more than 20 goals during their career despite making the #3 and #5 draft picks in those drafts. He made 22 trades. Only 2 of those could be considered improvements. The rest were minor trades or losses for the team. And remember, he had a deal on the table to trade away Vinny for marginal players.

He was the worst GM in Lightning history, and that is a very low bar to be under.
Sure, and I'm not saying he is good. But you could also point out that he acquired Blake Wheeler and Dustin Byfuglien when he was with Atlanta that helped build the foundation of the current Jets team.

The foundation for Carolina is already built. Add a competent goalie and a couple veterans up front and they will be a very good team. There shouldn't be a whole lot to screw up.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBolt View Post
I can’t wait for Yzerman to rob Dudley blind for some of that young defensive core.
Lol I was thinking the same thing. Dudley likes picks though and we are kind of empty

I expect Dudley to dump Faulk first chance he gets, which a competent gm probably does anyways
Old 05-02-2018, 08:07 AM
Len Barrie's Fiscal Cliff

NHL Review
Pic in the article reminds me of Khabi's game 6 save in Calgary.
It really is hard to tell just how far that puck is in and if it is really completely over the line (or completely behind the plane of the rear posts).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ist/570831002/