BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Draft

Old 06-24-2010, 09:06 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
The only knock I know of is that Jason scored a goal on him in roller hockey
My claim to fame!

I won't be upset if Yzerman goes Campbell at #6, but I think it'd be great to trade down and still get a guy like Skinner as well.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Default think

After reading all the discussions, I was under the impression that Nino might be our best choice at 6. I understand the importance of trading down to get more picks but are we going to get players that will offer, if not immediate help to us, help to Norfolk? From reading I had thought that most of the first ten, except Campbell, might be ready to jump in at the NHL level and that many of the later picks would probably go back to their junior teams or the AHL. If we were to move down what players do you think should be targeted? i am also inclined to agree with Chad that we will probably not see any real trading gong on this year. SY is probably looking at taking it slow and doing his homework before he starts making deals.

Last edited by aapbolt; 06-24-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:25 PM
WaiverWire

Yzerman also said that he is going to build from within. I think the days of us seeing a drafted rookie in the NHL the 1st year will only happen if the kid knocks our socks off. Other wise they are going to be in the minors. for a few years.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

One thing of note, I understand that Dallas only has four picks in the draft this year. I'm not sure they trade two of theirs to get one back, even if it means drafting Campbell. They're hurtin' in the prospects dept so I see them wanting more than three picks for the whole draft.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Default yep

You're right WW but he also talked about the need to draft skilled players, that you have to have skilled players on your team. I just thought that he would go after the best skilled player available and go from there. trading back adds draft choices and gives us more players but quantity is not as good as quality.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:05 PM
BP Staff

In this draft, there's not a big difference between 6 and 11. 6 and Phoenix's pick would be a bit bigger drop (unless you were ready to snag a falling Tarasenko).
Old 06-25-2010, 06:28 AM
WaiverWire

From today's Times Herald. If he does go in the top five than a defenseman should fall to us.

Quote:
"I've heard some good things," Campbell said. "I'd rather not give a number, but I have an idea. My goal would be a top-10 pick, hopefully top five."
http://www.thetimesherald.com/articl...or+draft+today