BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 05-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
They have already been looking for a GM.
according to a bunch of people who are quoting each other. Until vanik says something publicly that he has changed his mind on how he will fill the organization, it's just a bunch of rumors from the same folks who have reported that vinny will be traded.

Last edited by Donnie D; 05-13-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
according to a bunch of people who are quoting each other. Until vanik says something publicly that he has changed his mind on how he will fill the organization, it's just a bunch of rumors from the same folks who have reported that vinny will be traded.
He did say he'd be looking at GMs & CEOs at the same time but would hire the CEO first & let him have the final say in the GM. Nonis himself acknowledged he'd been asked, there's some substance to some of this at least.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Puppa Scoopah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
He did say he'd be looking at GMs & CEOs at the same time but would hire the CEO first & let him have the final say in the GM. Nonis himself acknowledged he'd been asked, there's some substance to some of this at least.
Agree.

If I'm not mistaken, it was confirmed that the Lightning received permission to speak with Yzerman.

It's more than speculation.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason

I find it funny that some are in such a hurry to be happy little slaves.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:35 AM
Steve Ludzik's Leisure Suit Vest

To bring this back to the point of Yzerman: This was the second report in a week that Yzerman is out. Yzerman's only on the record comment regarding things is "no comment".

Both reports come from non-traditional sources (The Fourth Period and Boruk from CSN). There was also a report via twitter earlier this week saying that Yzerman and Vinik "Aren't even close" (it was an AM radio station reporting this -- not one in our market). I'm not going to say these guys are right... But the reports wouldn't come to light unless te Bolts and Stevie Y were talking in the first place.

So THAT's going on. Besides that? I'm in Donnie's camp. That and my own camp that Vinik isn't playing these negotiations out in the media. That's not how hes conducted business as a hedge fund manager and not how he'll conduct business now.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Puppa Scoopah

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Vinik isn't playing these negotiations out in the media.
I don't disagree there, but like you said, Yzerman's only comment publicly has been "no comment". And yet, the report saying that isn't going to happen has still come out, so apparently, someone has come out to the media.

However, I do find it strange that TSN or some of the other big outlets haven't picked up on it yet. If Yzerman did indeed say "no", then why not just say it publicly?

Anybody know what kind on contract Hextall has with LA?

- George Mason

Old 05-14-2010, 10:54 AM
WaiverWire

Been looking at FREEP.com every day and they have nothing.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Steve Ludzik's Leisure Suit Vest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I don't disagree there, but like you said, Yzerman's only comment publicly has been "no comment". And yet, the report saying that isn't going to happen has still come out, so apparently, someone has come out to the media.

However, I do find it strange that TSN or some of the other big outlets haven't picked up on it yet. If Yzerman did indeed say "no", then why not just say it publicly?
Because the reports are false, plain and simple. Negotiations are ongoing and if there is an ultimate NO, he'll come public with it.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Puppa Scoopah

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Because the reports are false, plain and simple. Negotiations are ongoing and if there is an ultimate NO, he'll come public with it.
Hope you're right.

- George Mason

Old 05-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Puppa Scoopah

Just got done watching NHL Live and E. J. Hradek mentioned Ron Hextall could be in the mix for the GM job. Kinda outta the blue and he didn't elaborate so take it for what it's worth.

- George Mason

Old 05-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Default Parallel

I think when you are trying to figure the Yzerman situation out you need to look at what some others who had been in the mix did. Nonis made a formal announcement he was out which coincided with his signing an extension with the Leafs.

While I don't dismiss out of hand what has been reported, as far as I'm concerned the possibility still exists for Yzerman until I see the formal press release where he takes his name out of consideration.

On a related note, Hextall to me is a very interesting candidate. From what I've seen in LA he's been a important part in revitalizing that franchise. To me he's better than some names I've seen put out there (McGuire, Risebrough).