BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 06-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default bar

thanks for the info Thunderstruck, but obviously you were not in the bar and thus could not see the little dog who was.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Chainsaw Charlie

Journalist & Duemig

Stop It.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Finding it hard to care any more about this team since the guys running it obviously don't.
That's where I am at this point. It's callous and I sound like a bandwagoner but I have no problems leaving this team behind until the FUCKING MANIACS in charge are all gone. I'm not going to sit here and try and talk myself into "oh, trading Vinny wouldn't be so bad!" Not happening. It would be an absolute fiasco and a debacle that would destroy the fan base and might kill the franchise altogether.

Again, for emphasis: fucking maniacs.

Last edited by TexasBolt; 06-23-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Chainsaw Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBolt View Post
That's where I am at this point. It's callous and I sound like a bandwagoner but I have no problems leaving this team behind until the FUCKING MANIACS in charge are all gone. I'm not going to sit here and try and talk myself into "oh, trading Vinny wouldn't be so bad!" Not happening. It would be an absolute fiasco and a debacle that would destroy the fan base and might kill the franchise altogether.

Again, for emphasis: fucking maniacs.

And keeping Vinny and that huge contract makes this team better HOW.

Where are the DEEP POCKETS,most said $$$$ was No Problem.

BTW,Just what was the purpose of the trip to NY,What changed ?

The only thing I see they did was to embarrass themselfs,the team,and it's fan's.

SNAFU,You think?
Old 06-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Puppa Scoopah

Quote:
Originally Posted by missK View Post
BUT Davidson said he would not sell to anyone that was going to move the team. Davidson's widow owns the $100M note, thus still owns part of the team. I would hope she would keep with what her husband wanted for the city and fans.
My understanding is that Davidson only has anything to do with the team if they fail to make financial obligations. Balsillie could buy the team from OK (the owner as of this point, not PSE), and that should be the end of it. Of course, Bettman would never allow the sale to go through so it's a moot point.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netminder View Post

Where are the DEEP POCKETS,most said $$$$ was No Problem.

BTW,Just what was the purpose of the trip to NY,What changed ?

The only thing I see they did was to embarrass themselfs,the team,and it's fan's.

SNAFU,You think?
It's great that we have someone to play devil's advocate
Old 06-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12

This really fucking sucks, I wouldn't hand OK & LB the keys to my car let alone an NHL franchise. It really makes me angry that the player that they're probably going to ship off for a bag of pucks represents EVERYTHING that these jackasses are NOT.

I agree with Texas, if the die-hard fans on BP withdraw their support after these maniacs destroy the franchise this week, who's going to watch or care? I'm sure as sh!t not going to be flying down to Tampa and spend hundreds on tickets to watch a bare-bones roster get flogged all over the since in the company of mostly bandwagon crapitals fans again.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
Because he's really good jackass.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
My understanding is that Davidson only has anything to do with the team if they fail to make financial obligations. Balsillie could buy the team from OK (the owner as of this point, not PSE), and that should be the end of it. Of course, Bettman would never allow the sale to go through so it's a moot point.
you know, stop jumping to conclusions.
Balsille has never been mentioned....cripes.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbolt12 View Post
This really fucking sucks, I wouldn't hand OK & LB the keys to my car let alone an NHL franchise. It really makes me angry that the player that they're probably going to ship off for a bag of pucks represents EVERYTHING that these jackasses are NOT.

I agree with Texas, if the die-hard fans on BP withdraw their support after these maniacs destroy the franchise this week, who's going to watch or care? I'm sure as sh!t not going to be flying down to Tampa and spend hundreds on tickets to watch a bare-bones roster get flogged all over the since in the company of mostly bandwagon crapitals fans again.
Right, the thing about it is if the team was run well and there was some credibility with the ownership, you could almost understand a Vinny trade....You could just say, hey, the economy killed us...This will help in the long run...But now, it just seems like a stupid, desperate, unthinking decision by people with no credibility..