BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 06-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Does this mean we are going to see a mass exodus of talent and a decade of salary cap minimum backed teams?
Old 06-23-2009, 04:49 PM

I have to say, Im confused by this whole thing....

Now Duemig says he's not so sure Barrie was the one that wanted to keep Vinny....

How can Koules think anybody is gonna be in the arena if they go ith a $40 million payroll without Vinny4?
Old 06-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
Why's his name on the team if he never put a dime in? I am not buying this, there must be more to it.
Only thing I can see is the value of Bear Mountain was used a piece of his stake. It's not like he hasn't had the money from what I've read. That's what I don't get. The outright sale of BM may have fell through, but now that the finally have begun building the interchange, which was seen as the hold up (and the 2nd Nicklaus 18-hole course is open) their still selling pieces (50 condos since March) and golf memberships at 35K a pop, plus $375 a month in dues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
And wth, could it be any more obvious that Duemig's been bought by OK to be his mouthpiece? I imagine in a few days he'll be on board with trading Vinny.
Yes, I'm beginning to see (hear) the tree lean the other way. There's no fist-pounding outrage at even the notion of trading him. Just generalized "I don't see it" and "I'm against it". The Big Dog appears collared and the leash appears short, maybe even a shock collar.

Last edited by Coldrice; 06-23-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:58 PM

Finding it hard to care any more about this team since the guys running it obviously don't.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Steve Ludzik's Leisure Suit Vest

Ok, enough is enough.

Without giving away what I do, or who I do it for...I have to to say this. I was fortunate enough to be around the team last year, and was at 99 percent of the games and 90 percent of the practices when the team was at home. As someone who was in the locker room for morning skates, and postgames, I will say that I NEVER once saw Duemig. Never...zilch...zero times. Never talked to any one player, never made an appearance for appearances sake. To take it a step further...I saw someone from the station he works for at maybe 10 percent of the games. (And before someone says that someone was there getting sound clips...no..you can subscribe to services to get that stuff without actually paying someone to go to the games. Woo bean counters.. I digress)

The reason I bring this up is because I really dont know how he could have any inside info on anything that goes on with this team, first of all. Second of all, what ever happened to that thing called journalistic integrity? The fact that the team is paying for him to go completly blows my mind. As far as the **** he tried to pass as knowledge today, take it with a serious grain of salt. Trust me on that one.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck View Post

The reason I bring this up is because I really dont know how he could have any inside info on anything that goes on with this team, first of all. Second of all, what ever happened to that thing called journalistic integrity? The fact that the team is paying for him to go completly blows my mind. As far as the **** he tried to pass as knowledge today, take it with a serious grain of salt. Trust me on that one.
The Venue, seems to be a hot spot for Tampa's elite and could have been a central location for him to get his juicy gossip. Not advocating anything, just saying it could be a possibility seeing how Duemig is part owner
Old 06-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck View Post
Second of all, what ever happened to that thing called journalistic integrity?
I don't think he had any of that in the first place, this is Duemig we're talking about here.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Puppa Scoopah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2004 View Post
Right now nothing Balsillie can do
He can offer OK and the rest of Lightning ownership enough money to make it worth their while to sell to him.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Dirt Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
He can offer OK and the rest of Lightning ownership enough money to make it worth their while to sell to him.
BUT Davidson said he would not sell to anyone that was going to move the team. Davidson's widow owns the $100M note, thus still owns part of the team. I would hope she would keep with what her husband wanted for the city and fans.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

Quote:
A serious Amen, Hallelujah and All Hail Kodos to this.

Without going into a giant rant about Little Dog, one of the hallmarks of his bloated tenure on the airwaves is the "you don't know what I know - I have sources" ploy. He knows he cannot be forced to divulge his sources (his journalistic integrity is remarkably selective) so he just plays "nyah nyah nyah" with all his listeners.

He'll roast a guy to no end and then if he gets the guy on the mic, he'll lavish their arse with praise as if it were the damn Pope. He's done it with Maddon, Pena, Bruce Allen and both OK and Lawton. Hell, he spent a whole week tearing into Lawton but then was gushing over the guy once he came into the studio.

And Sotnos is 100% correct - he's been going on about how if Vinny is dealt he will be done with the Lightning but if (heaven forbid) he is dealt, he'll find a way to spin it. A few weeks ago it was an absolute dealbreaker with him. Now, you can almost hear him starting to make excuses depending on the return package. All OK has to do is promise an exclusive chat and he'll be sold, just as he did with Josh Freeman.

He may have gotten his license back but he's had his journalistic integrity revoked for over a decade.