BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-17-2014, 11:14 AM
Phil Esposito's Soninlawov

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalskate View Post
Frustration, yes. Youth? Our worst players all night long were all veterans...IMHO.
Absolutely agreed. Hedman's ill-timed pinch (which was very similar to the ill-timed pinch he made in game 1 against the pens in 2011) to Brewer getting beat down the slot. Outside of Paquette's gaffe in OT it was the vets who lost their cool and strayed from the structure.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:19 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf1910 View Post
Absolutely agreed. Hedman's ill-timed pinch (which was very similar to the ill-timed pinch he made in game 1 against the pens in 2011) to Brewer getting beat down the slot. Outside of Paquette's gaffe in OT it was the vets who lost their cool and strayed from the structure.
That is the most frustrating thing. I can live with rookies blowing it. Paquette made me cringe, but he has an excuse. Carle/Hedman/Salo/Brewer playing like they have been, there is no excuse.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Phil Esposito's Soninlawov

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
That is the most frustrating thing. I can live with rookies blowing it. Paquette made me cringe, but he has an excuse. Carle/Hedman/Salo/Brewer playing like they have been, there is no excuse.
Honestly I probably should be more upset than I am. We had an opportunity to take advantage of a weak Price in a game we got more or less dominated. We came very close to doing just that. But in a half glass full world, we couldn't possibly play much worse yet were very close to stealing the game nonetheless. Sure some of our improvement could be cancelled with Price being better but either way this is still shaping up to be a very close series and in spite of game 1 loss we are far from out of it. The vets will be better (at least they better be), and hopefully the forwards can generate some consistent zone-time.