BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Puppa Scoopah

Default Brewer is what we wanted Clymer to be

did not see the game but Brewer looks to have lost weight and is skating better, always had a nice shot. Glad to have some Canadian mojo concerns with Cedric on the roster and going back to Olympics form.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:22 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

It was also nice seeing the boys finally standing up for one another. When Palat got smoked by that beauty of a hit by Johnson, Stamkos looked like he shook his gloves wanting to go. Captain Stamkos taking charge and Panik doing the same later on with the Tropp hit on Thompson was really nice to see. I honestly wouldn't mind this lineup plus Filp and minus Kucherov be the lineup used against Montreal (even including Paquette). Past two games have shown that the bolts can play a playoff style game and keep up. I kind of hope the forwards lines for the playoffs are as followed:

Palat-Stamkos-Johnson
Killorn-Filppula-Purcell
Panik- Paquette-Callahan
Crombeen-Thompson-Brown

Last edited by Derek28; 04-11-2014 at 10:33 PM. Reason: forgot Purcell
Old 04-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

I don't think the post-game show appearance is going to be available, but here's Cooper's press conference, which was also pretty good.

http://video.lightning.nhl.com/video...601606&lang=en
Old 04-12-2014, 09:29 AM
The Constrictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
It was also nice seeing the boys finally standing up for one another. When Palat got smoked by that beauty of a hit by Johnson, Stamkos looked like he shook his gloves wanting to go. Captain Stamkos taking charge and Panik doing the same later on with the Tropp hit on Thompson was really nice to see. I honestly wouldn't mind this lineup plus Filp and minus Kucherov be the lineup used against Montreal (even including Paquette). Past two games have shown that the bolts can play a playoff style game and keep up. I kind of hope the forwards lines for the playoffs are as followed:

Palat-Stamkos-Johnson
Killorn-Filppula-Purcell
Panik- Paquette-Callahan
Crombeen-Thompson-Brown
I don't have too much a problem with this, Paquette did play well in his debut; still, 3C duties in the NHL playoffs might be a bit lofty expectations for the kid at this point.

Our third line in 2010-2011 was a huge part of our success in the playoffs - Bergenheim/Moore/Downie. Always possible I'm wrong, but I don't think Panik/Paquette/Callahan is going to give us quite that extra fold of scoring we might need. That said, I appreciate the grit the line provides, and that is important, but scoring is too. It's nice to have the option of Kucherov if the extra scoring punch is needed.

One thing we still haven't really seen is 91 & 86 together. I'd be interested in icing them together in Game 82, and see what happens. Not that I have any problem with Palat/Stamkos/Johnson (considering the amount of clammoring I did for that line).
Old 04-12-2014, 09:40 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Yeah, I probably rushed Paquette a bit, but if he doesn't look good after one game we can always thrown Pyatt in the 3C role. I think Copper will change things up based on however game one plays out. If it's physical I could see Crombeen playing more or if it is going to be more scoring then Kucherov is a easy fit with Thompson and Brown. I have a gut feeling that Panik is going to have a very good postseason.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:03 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

I missed this game, but in previous games Kucherov is creating way to much to justify a benching.