BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-09-2014, 07:54 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post
thanks for the title fix#bisplease!
What title fix--certainly not a big deal in light of an awesome shutout win, though as of now it still says Bolts vs Leafs...universal convention is home team listed 2nd. Again, no biggie, just a custom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Cmoooon Cooper. Give Bishop a rest. He arguably hasn't earned another start anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
Can't say I disagree with you. Guy could have used this game off given the time between the last one and this one, could have been a good rest.
Boy, no doubt about that. Whether a break or sprain, as much pain as he was in, and with the announcement coming so early that he would not return, there's legit cause for concern that he--and thus the Lghtning--will be far from 100% when playoffs begin. Yes Lindback played out of his mind last night, what a display of swaggering prowess in there, but let's not kid ourselves. Bishop was already faltering big-time well before this latest coffin nail. Having acknowledged the obvious, all hope isn't lost, since anything could happen--remember Ken Dryden played a whopping six NHL games before winning the Conn Smythe and backstopping the Canadiens to the Stanley Cup (and then five more). While Lindback repeating that feat may be as likely as a blind chicken being named Wisconsin's Dentist of the Year, there is no physical law of nature that categorically precludes us winning a series with either Lindback or Bishop with two dinged wings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
The way I see it this post season is for the kids to see how much the NHL post season teams can step it up and take the game to a whole new level. Just giving them several games at this level will be a great learning experience and I hope one that will cause all to work their butts off in the off season so they can be ready for the 2014-2015 post season and be able to make a deep run.
Translation: one-and-done, still probably a pretty safe bet. Good point about the education though. As the famous story goes, when 99 peeked through that doorway and saw the battered and bloodied Islanders in their dressing room, quietly nursing injuries after sweeping EDM for the 4th straight Cup, he saw first-hand what was needed to become an NHL champion--and we all know how that lesson worked out

Last edited by Top Shelf; 04-09-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default News

Any news on Big Ben yet? I was really pleased with what I saw of Lindback last night, I wonder if this is what SFY saw before he traded for him, he was very good in net and made some excellent saves, yes he could get hot and he is rested. Should be an interesting game on Thursday...sigh wish I did not have to teach that night.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:51 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
Any news on Big Ben yet? I was really pleased with what I saw of Lindback last night, I wonder if this is what SFY saw before he traded for him, he was very good in net and made some excellent saves, yes he could get hot and he is rested. Should be an interesting game on Thursday...sigh wish I did not have to teach that night.
Only speculation so far. I've seen on the Twitters that it could be anything from shoulder or collar bone (more likely) to arm or wrist (less likely). Regardless, I'm not keeping my hopes up. I'm expecting to ride into the playoffs with a Lindback/Desjardins team - remember SFY loves experience. I'd rather give Kristers a shot, but I'm not expecting it.

Last edited by Alex; 04-09-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:05 PM
John Tortorella's Doghouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Only speculation so far. I've seen on the Twitters that it could be anything from shoulder or collar bone (more likely) to arm or wrist (less likely). Regardless, I'm not keeping my hopes up. I'm expecting to ride into the playoffs with a Lindback/Desjardins team - remember SFY loves experience. I'd rather give Kristers a shot, but I'm not expecting it.
They'll go with whomever is playing better currently- if that is Gudelevskis- then he'll be here to back up Bishop...errrr, Lindback. I think Cooper definitely overplayed Bishop, no question. Do I blame him? No, but now Lindback is going to get his time anyway... Bishop's injury looked to me to be pretty serious- Unlikely he'll be back to begin the 1st round IMO. ( shoulder or collarbone, agreed) As far as that goes, the Bolts matchup pretty well with the Habitants. Pretty tough to get pucks by Price- but I'd say we have a fair shot at beating the Habs in the 1st round-
Old 04-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Per Twitter land, Bishop is not expected to play the rest of the regular season, but not ruled out to start the playoffs
Old 04-09-2014, 04:16 PM

Default Ben

According to NHL, as reported from DC the MRI showed no structural damage and could be available "at some point" during the playoffs according to Cooper.
Gudlevskis is being called up as backup. So now we ride Lindback....ok go Anders!
Old 04-09-2014, 06:33 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalskate View Post
Bishop's injury looked to me to be pretty serious- Unlikely he'll be back to begin the 1st round IMO. ( shoulder or collarbone, agreed)
Based on what? Just wondering if any report has stated what body part was involved, or speculation only...collarbone is the most frequently broken bone in the body but we have a report of "no structural damage", so that would effectively rule that out....if the report is accurate. Maybe they want other teams not to know whether there's structural damage or not

Last edited by Top Shelf; 04-09-2014 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:59 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Based on what? Just wondering if any report has stated what body part was involved, or speculation only...collarbone is the most frequently broken bone in the body but we have a report of "no structural damage", so that would effectively rule that out....if the report is accurate. Maybe they want other teams not to know whether there's structural damage or not
By the way he skated off the ice, with his neck tilted to his right, several of us at the game thought he had broken his collarbone after watching how he landed and how he left the game.

Today, through comments by Cooper, I sounds like he hurt his arm or wrist as Cooper was talking about the left wrist injury from January. Of course this is all pure speculation as they will only confirm an "upper body injury".
Old 04-10-2014, 11:28 AM
John Tortorella's Doghouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Based on my visual observation of his reaction to said injury. Did not look like a TWEAK- dude was in serious pain, and heavily favoring his left arm that he landed on- so maybe he'll be back for the 1st round of the playoffs- but, based on nothing more than pure speculation, Ill be shocked if he can play in the first round. Pleasantly shocked, I'll add....
Old 04-10-2014, 11:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

As someone posted in another thread, his agent has stated it is an elbow injury...