BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-21-2014, 10:30 AM
Enrico Ciccone's Blimpie Sub

I say you throw Lindy at the Penguins and give Big Ben a 3/4 day rest period. Im going to say I don't think Bishop is "beat up" like a lot of you say. This is his 1rst season as being a #1a starter playing the full season as majority load. I don't think he is hurting like many may assume. I watch a ton of other hockey games and other nhl starters are getting hit or run a lot like Bishop. Maybe not the same extent but a lot as well. Give him a break with a game or two and keep riding the pony to the finish line. Think ESPN or TSN was sayin if we go 50/50 with the remaining games we still be ahead of any wild card spot unless the wild card teams played .800 ball the rest of the season. Which is highly unlikely. Give Bishop rest and play some of the people that have been scratched lately.

Some comments on Callahan:
Quote:
"Just watch our bench when he hits somebody, or takes the puck from somebody, or battles in front of the net, guys are just pumped for him," Cooper said. "He doesn't have to come back to the bench and say anything. You just know right then what he's delivering to our team. It's great to see. He doesn't hear that because he's in the corner battling with [Zdeno] Chara, so he doesn't hear what's going on [on the bench], but you love that from your team and teammates when you hear that stuff."

We look like a different team since callahan...that's for sure.

Last edited by Scobo_24; 03-21-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:39 AM
Steve Ludzik's Leisure Suit Vest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Resting Ben coming down to the wire when it's make or break time won't look real crafty--imagine if we play the Bruins in Round 1or even manage to miss the show by one or two points while he was busy backing up the backup, blood would flow down Channelside Drive. No thanks, IMO you ride that horse, he's young, strong and able...and needs all the competitive action he can get until our playoff berth is locked in. He had three solid weeks off during the Olympics and will get plenty more rest come late spring & summer
I agee. I'd pencil Lindy in for March 29 vs. Sabres and April 10 or 11 vs. Flyers or Blue Jackets--both back-to-backs. Key word is "pencil".

Last edited by Gudas Priest; 03-21-2014 at 10:40 AM. Reason: grammatical error
Old 03-21-2014, 10:42 AM
Brad Richard's Contract

I have no problem playing Lindback as long as we do not fall out of having home ice advantage.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:06 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
I say you throw Lindy at the Penguins
Yep. Throw him the low-percentage game and throw Bishop out in your more winnable contests left on the schedule.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:53 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Don't worry so much about the officiating.
But ya gotta admit, serving as an outlet for griping about the officiating--which ranges from nauseatingly pathetic to alarmingly atrocious on any given night--is one of the most essential and appreciated functions of this forum. Rulemakers and referees are destroying like a cancer the greatest sport ever conceived and ruining the game watching experience for the fans, as well as the playing experience for the athletes. So, it isn't worry on our part; it's wholly justified disapproval and revilement of officials' incompetence, about which silent acceptance is unnecessary (for players and coaches, though, it IS necessary, to avoid stiff fines)