BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 01-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Old-Skool Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolts View Post
I haven't read through every posting on this thread, so if I'm repeating what someone else has already posted, please accept my apologies.

Here's my conspiracy theory:

Yzerman is behind St. Louis being left off the Canadian roster, but only because there is a plan in place for one of the forwards named to the team to bow out, citing the need to rest his body during the break.

(I have no idea who that would be, but he would still have the honor of being named to Canada's Olympic team, and would be respected even more for doing "the right thing" by stepping aside because of his health and letting one of the country's most skilled players take his place.)

In The Story of Martin St-Louis, what has been the common theme since he laced up his first pair of skates? Marty gets told he's "not good enough" (usually because of his size), then comes back to show those who dismissed him how wrong they were.

Well, here you go. Marty gets snubbed, ends up making the team anyway, and plays a key role in Canada's run for a medal.

This was Yzerman's plan all along...
"Pay no attention to that other all star behind the bench. He's not the player you're looking for"
Old 01-10-2014, 12:45 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolts View Post
I haven't read through every posting on this thread, so if I'm repeating what someone else has already posted, please accept my apologies.

Here's my conspiracy theory:

Yzerman is behind St. Louis being left off the Canadian roster, but only because there is a plan in place for one of the forwards named to the team to bow out, citing the need to rest his body during the break.

(I have no idea who that would be, but he would still have the honor of being named to Canada's Olympic team, and would be respected even more for doing "the right thing" by stepping aside because of his health and letting one of the country's most skilled players take his place.)

In The Story of Martin St-Louis, what has been the common theme since he laced up his first pair of skates? Marty gets told he's "not good enough" (usually because of his size), then comes back to show those who dismissed him how wrong they were.

Well, here you go. Marty gets snubbed, ends up making the team anyway, and plays a key role in Canada's run for a medal.

This was Yzerman's plan all along...
Creative writing at its best. Hope he does get to go, it's not inconceivable
Old 01-10-2014, 08:05 AM
Chris Gratton's Ruby Slippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
"Pay no attention to that other all star behind the bench. He's not the player you're looking for"
Exactly. And instead of simply manipulating a feeble-minded opposing GM, this time SFY is pulling his Jedi mind trick on the entire hockey world.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
MSL being left off the Canadian roster for now is disappointing, but Hedman omitted in favor of Henrik Tallinder? That's a travesty.
I'll put it this way, while there's agreement from most fans that Tallinder should be off, there's no agreement that it should be Hedman that replaces him.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:48 PM
XO Sniper

Since the Canadian Olympic team was announced only one player in the league has more than Marty's 11 points and that is John Tavares with 12. Not saying, just saying.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:30 AM
Larry Hirsch's Travel Agent

3 goals in one period...4 goals in a game= MSL response to SFY.

I am still reeling over MSL non selection. Not that it matters one bit, but I just can't get my train of thought to align with what was SY thinking.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
3 goals in one period...4 goals in a game= MSL response to SFY.
He's not one of the top 14 forwards in Canada. He may be one of the top four forwards in the entire world. But whatever we do, we shouldn't delude ourselves into thinking of him as one of the top 14 in Canada. ::sarcasm oozing like flaming lava::

It just kills me that I can't root with all my colon for Canada to fail miserably and slink away with nothing.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:11 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Look at Marty's, Bishops, and Hedman's stats. Perfect tri-fecta of snubs.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Look at Marty's, Bishops, and Hedman's stats. Perfect tri-fecta of snubs.
+1
Old 01-27-2014, 08:17 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

A familiar name gets the nod for Team Russia

More...