BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Talk

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 07:16 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

After the game 60 Minutes is doing a report on Alex. They say he took 4 different types of roids and interviews the guilty party.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:48 PM

Just finished watching the 60 Minutes report. I do not remember the last time they more than one segment on an issue.

Tony Bosch is a POS. But what did Rodriguez in are the text messages that MLB obtained and the records kept by Bosch. When MLB put the text messages up against the Yankees schedule and the performance of Rodriguez on those dates was overwhelming evidence for me.

Alex Rodriguez is a POS also.

I hope the Federal Grand Jury does their job. I also hope the Yankees tell Rodriguez to hit the road.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Mattias Ohlund's Retirement Plans

I gotta say one of the coolest experiences of being a Rays fan I ever had happened last year when A-Rod was playing at the trop. The place nearly exploded with boos when his name was called. It wasn't just Rays fans either it was all the Yankees fans that were there too. It was unbelievable how many people hate A-Rod. There's talk that he can and wants to go to spring training this year. If I were the Yankees brass I wouldn't want him within a thousand miles of anything to do with the Yankees team.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
I gotta say one of the coolest experiences of being a Rays fan I ever had happened last year when A-Rod was playing at the trop. The place nearly exploded with boos when his name was called. It wasn't just Rays fans either it was all the Yankees fans that were there too. It was unbelievable how many people hate A-Rod. There's talk that he can and wants to go to spring training this year. If I were the Yankees brass I wouldn't want him within a thousand miles of anything to do with the Yankees team.
The reports says he will challenge the 1 year suspension in Federal Court.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
The reports says he will challenge the 1 year suspension in Federal Court.
Yes, but there's a loophole that allows him to go to spring training. There's also some talk that he could get an injunction to play while the appeal process is heard in federal court. I'm not sure how that works exactly but that would be a nightmare for the Yankees to have to deal with.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Yes, but there's a loophole that allows him to go to spring training. There's also some talk that he could get an injunction to play while the appeal process is heard in federal court. I'm not sure how that works exactly but that would be a nightmare for the Yankees to have to deal with.
Unless he is indicted by the Federal Grand Jury here in Florida. Also the Yankees can pay him and tell him to stay away until it is settled. Then to could recoup their money if found in favor of MLB.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:33 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...es-appearances

Interesting read.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:44 PM

Yeah, the problem with their drug testing program is that it can be beaten. Makes me wonder just what is the MLBPA trying to hide as clearly they have to amend this part of the CBA.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Yeah, the problem with their drug testing program is that it can be beaten. Makes me wonder just what is the MLBPA trying to hide as clearly they have to amend this part of the CBA.
I'm curious why the PA is trying to defend A-Rod so much as well. I get that there job is to defend the rights of all players but you'd think that the majority of their players' that they represent despise the players that use PED's and would not care if A-Rod ever plays another game in the majors again.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:11 PM

Quote:
I'm curious why the PA is trying to defend A-Rod so much as well. I get that there job is to defend the rights of all players but you'd think that the majority of their players' that they represent despise the players that use PED's and would not care if A-Rod ever plays another game in the majors again.
Which is one reason why I do not like unions.
Closed Thread