BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 12-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Steve Downie's Kisses

From Elias: Former Nashville goaltender Anders Lindback, facing his old team for the first time, made 28 saves to lead the Lightning to a 4-2 victory against the Predators. It was the first time that an ex-Nashville netminder defeated the Predators since Nov. 27, 2009, when the Blues' Chris Mason beat his former team in the Music City. Former Predators goaltenders were 0-9-0 against Nashville between the wins by Mason and Lindback.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:14 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

I like how you keep throwing in the defenseman. Don't Stop! Maybe the hockey gods will listen.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Enrico Ciccone's Blimpie Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
What an awesome game to watch. Right out of the gate they take the lead, never to give it up...Cote gets his first NHL point...stellar game from Lindback...whenver NSH scored a PPG they came right back with a goal of their own...Hedman looked totally fine in his return, making some sick passes....Killorn scored while also registering a shot on goal...another 2 pts. vs. the West,...and all without Steven Stamkos. What's not to like?
I especially liked in the 3rd when he had the puck at red line and their defense softly skated to their bench and he rushed up ice with st louis for a 2-on-1 scoring chance. Letangish... was sweet to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
On what team? Is there a GM out there desperate enough to take THAT gamble at this point? Every team needs a backup netminder, and he's proven effective enough in that role if played sparingly...maybe he could become part of a trade package for a solid D later as we have sufficient G in the system already
I am more thinking out loud than anything. Clearly you dont go changing anything thats not broken right now. but a 1.63 goals for.... not many goalies are going to win that many games.

Our goalie position in our organization right now is looking better than it ever has. If need be, with a package with a forward; im saying we can get a good defenseman for a playoff push. Mainly, I don't think lindback's stock will stop rising any time soon. lets sit on this and see what happens.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:20 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
He'll come back at about the 57 game mark of the season, as I recall. Assuming it takes a few games to knock off the rust, that hopefully means we get 20 games of proper Stamkos hockey to finish off the regular season. Right now the team just finished game 35, so the goal needs to be to continue to nail these targets for points for the next 25 games and then hope Stammer comes back at somewhere approaching full strength, thereby boosting the offense by almost 1 goal a game and taking pressure off the D and G's.

That's like getting a 50-goal scorer at the deadline for free, which is a sweet little circumstance for the team. At that point, Yzerman really needs to get at least 1 more defenseman for the stretch run, too.
I know there is a lot of hope in Canada he's going to be back for the Olympics. No chance of that/could that be a place to knock the rust off if ready then?
Old 12-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Some positive publicity from last night's game by Puck Daddy

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...5996--nhl.html
Old 12-20-2013, 12:29 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
I know there is a lot of hope in Canada he's going to be back for the Olympics. No chance of that/could that be a place to knock the rust off if ready then?
Not entirely, because he needs to get a feel for working with this particular set of teammates again and there will be a ripple effect throughout the lineup because everyone's roles will be adjusted slightly. That'll take at least a game or two to shake out (Cooper's teams are, admittedly, extremely good at making those adjustments quickly).
Old 12-20-2013, 01:17 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
Some positive publicity from last night's game by Puck Daddy

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...5996--nhl.html
Love it.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:41 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
I saw the kid get the puck and it actually got a smile out of this old curmudgeon. Nice job by the guy who caught the puck.