Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12

Whiskey tango foxtrot...
Old 12-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

So I'm gonna assume that Erne probably isn't going to receive a Christmas card from Drouin this year..
Old 12-07-2013, 01:41 AM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:57 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

BBQ knees wasn't limping across the finish line on that one. OUCH.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:31 AM
Chainsaw Charlie

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Better quality, full speed.

Love what Weegar did btw. There was absolutely zero hesitation on his part, the gloves come off as soon as Drouin hits the ice almost.

Last edited by ZeykShade; 12-07-2013 at 02:34 AM.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:13 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Worst karma of all is that Weegar is a Panther draftee. What is going on here.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

I want everyone to do the following, as soon as you read this post

1. Grab the nearest hockey item you have (preferably a stick, as it appeases the Hockey Gods more sensationally. If you don't have one, anything else will do. Bobblehead, jersey, koozie, etc).

2. Print out anything Florida Panthers related... news/online article, player bio from NHL.com (preferably the Logo)

3. Clear an area on the floor, or go out to the driveway, sidewalk, or street.

4. Circle (walk around) the hockey item 3 times.

5. Stop. Drop to one knee, bow your head and repeat the following

"Hear my plea, O' ye Gods of Hockey... I humbly beseech thee and ask thy forgiveness for whatever offenses may have befouled ye and thus caused this unpleasant state".

"O' wise and powerful Gods of Hockey... I humbly offer this sacrifice as a token to appease thee for any offenses which has warranted your wrath. I ask thee thy forgiveness and guiding hand and that you favor us as we carry on without our star player and leading scorer".

6. Take the Panther sacrificial item and then tear it, rip it up, or burn it (last part done best outside, of course)

Look folks, its either do this or we buy out Teddy. Some sort of ultimate sacrifice must be made immediately.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
OMG will this injury bug not stop. Drouin gets a possible concussion after a hit from behind by our boy Erne. Is that not freakish or what?
Un.

Befuh.

Kinglievable.

This crap just doesn't stop. Even those of us like me who aren't religious ought to be doing some sort of praying to someone or something morning and night for Bishop, St. Louis and everyone else on our club that they be kept as safe as possible while playing a dangerous sport. Bishop gets bulldozed in the cranium every game, it's just a matter of time.

I've said it before and will no doubt be saying it again...It is LONG past time to begin instituting the heavy, draconian, eye-opening fines and penalties for head hits and hits from behind. Video of the Drouin hit can be used as one model. At this point the problem has reached critical mass and requires a nuclear option; there needs to be seriously over-the-top harshness in response. They need 30- and 40-game suspensions for first offenses, coupled with $100k fines to the player, $150k to the coach, $250k to the GM and $500k to the owner. Bet that'll get some guys' attention. Start placing people's brain matter, cognitive function and livelihood above all else, above all ordinary sense of restraint, and just seriously blaze away at some thick wallets. Cause the offenders to experience the most intense, extreme anger from their bosses imaginable: monetary. Jeopardize the offenders' hockey careers for a change, not only the victims'. Let the word go out that all your years of dragging your parents out of bed for 4 am practices, all your sacrifices and all your dreams of stardom could go down the tubes with a single choice to deliver an avoidable hit from behind, to the head or both. This isn't the death penalty, but someone has to decide this must stop. Then we will see this gladiatorial garbage vanish like the old brawls of yesteryear.

You know they WILL do it when someone loses their life. So why wait till that happens on live TV? Do it now.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

In case any of yall haven't seen it here's an article with comments from Erne about the hit on Drouin

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...he-ice/2156047

So according to Erne he says Drouin dove. It wouldn't be the first time I've ever seen a player dive into the boards to receive a penalty call but I just don't see a dive at all on that hit. I just think Erne knows he screwed up but he's a teen and he just doesn't want to admit making a mistake.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12

Well done Mr. Rice, well done. Although... buying out Teddy is inevitable, right #nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
In case any of yall haven't seen it here's an article with comments from Erne about the hit on Drouin

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...he-ice/2156047

So according to Erne he says Drouin dove. It wouldn't be the first time I've ever seen a player dive into the boards to receive a penalty call but I just don't see a dive at all on that hit. I just think Erne knows he screwed up but he's a teen and he just doesn't want to admit making a mistake.
Weird. They're apparently buddies off the ice so you'd think Erne would mix in a couple "I hope he's okay"s in there even if he felt it was a dive. Stupid.

Two birds one stone. Self inflicted. Can it please end now?
Closed Thread