BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 11-20-2013, 08:37 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
At what point do they give someone else a look? I know Connolly wasn't expected to replace Stamkos but one goal in 9 games isn't what the team needs right now.
I'd rather leave the next wave in Syracuse and let them develop. Tonight aside, Connolly's just been disappointing to me. I never get the sense something's going to happen when he's on the ice or when he has the puck the way I have watching Killorn + PTP. Still, I'd rather give him time to get comfortable and hopefully start producing.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Old-Skool Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbolt12 View Post
My major reservation about Nacho has been that he doesn't do ANYTHING well. Nacho doesn't skate well enough to be a consistent forechecking presence, and he doesn't flash any ability to cycle and chip in offense from time to time. No MYPUCK MYPUCK. And despite improving, he's still a defensive liability skating-wise. On the fighting side, he's not a guy other teams are afraid of, and more importantly, he's shown no willingness to mix it up this year.

I'd rather have a guy with Labrie's hockey related deficiencies who can and will throw hands when needed, or a guy who's an effective 4th line grinder who might not fight much. Labrie's doing neither at the NHL level.

I really think he'd be better off in Syracuse, as he seems to have been an effective AHL player down there. Replace his spot with a guy who will do SOMETHING beneficial out there.
Poor Nacho. I really want to like the guy, but he really seems to serve no purpose at the NHL level.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:25 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
Poor Nacho. I really want to like the guy, but he really seems to serve no purpose at the NHL level.
It could be worse. He could be cough cough turnover Pur$ell who does less than nothing

Nacho SEEMS like a good DUDE. But... he HAS to do SOMETHING besides catch PELICANS. ANYONE can STEP UP and SEND A MESSAGE when the TEAM is getting BLOWN OUT. DO SOMETHING with those EIGHT minutes of ice TIME. THAT was an EMBARASSING 5-2 LOSS.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:35 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Per DC

Lines could look like this:

Teddy Purcell-Valtteri Filppula-Marty St. Louis

Ryan Malone-Alex Killorn-J.T. Brown

Ondrej Palat-Tyler Johnson-Richard Panik

Pierre-Cedric Labrie-Nate Thompson-B.J. Crombeen with Brett Connolly
Old 11-20-2013, 11:50 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Just what I was afraid of...the adrenalin and overriding sense of urgency attending the elimination of Stamkos wore off after the last home game, a 5-1 romp through Disneyland with the Ducks. The road trip out west is, so far, basically a circus fire. Just chaos, a virtually complete breakdown of any sense of order or routine process, even between the pipes. At this point I'll be pleasantly surprised if they salvage any points of the eight possible.

Get well soon, Steven
Old 11-21-2013, 10:35 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Bugsy

Take Bugsy off that 2nd line and put Connolly there , otherwise you slow that line down, plus being on the 2nd may take some of the pressure off Connolly . I watched the first 2 periods of the game and Connolly looked good on the face offs I just think he is not a center and his game is better suited to the wing, plus wonder how much pressure he put on himself to step up for Stammer. Give the kid time I think he will get better as he goes along.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:10 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Agreed aapbolt. Put Malone back on that 4th line with Thompson and Crombeen where he looked fine and scratch Labrie for God's sake.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Rick Tocchet's Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro View Post
Per DC

Lines could look like this:

Teddy Purcell-Valtteri Filppula-Marty St. Louis

Ryan Malone-Alex Killorn-J.T. Brown

Ondrej Palat-Tyler Johnson-Richard Panik

Pierre-Cedric Labrie-Nate Thompson-B.J. Crombeen with Brett Connolly
Looks like they will make an example of BC and put him upstairs.
Not that I disagree but it sure seems that Panik, Purcell, Malone, Thompson, Palat have all had some pretty bad games with no consequence.
Let's hope it works out for everyone.

The problem with Meritocracy is it breaks both ways.
Good and bad - uneven application of the principle could lead to locker room issues.