BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 10-15-2013, 10:34 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

The team just seems to play better in front of Bishop.

Yes they were slower to the puck and the player with the puck tonight. LA was able to swarm our puck carrier. LA had over 60 attempts on net tonight. That is not good. But at the same time we were not afraid to take chances and make them pay off.

It is still very early in the season but if Bishop can keep is game close to this level of play, we have be watching a goalie mature right before our eyes.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:38 PM
Cooper's Law

I thought Bishop was robbed when he was only named the #3 star tonight. He saved their bacon a number of times early and he was their best penalty killer.

There were a number of times that LA completely controlled the game. But Bishop AND the entire team were able to make plays. Hard to believe that Bishop has less than 50 games on his resume. It's only been 4 games, but I haven't seen a Lightning goalie play like this since Rolly's playoff run.

To find a way to beat Chicago, hang with Pittsburgh and lay a 5-1 win on LA is keeping me excited about the future of this team. I keep wondering where the hell they find room for Drouin, Connolly, Kucherov and the rest of the kids that are a year or two away.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:01 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Well, here's one spot that I'm guessing will eventually open up this season -- there's no doubt in my mind they're showcasing Ryan Malone. Now if Bugsy can just stay healthy and productive, we could get a little something back, too. How thrilled would you be with a second- or even third-round pick? Of course it would really help make the transition go smoothly if we can develop a nice top-6 forward with some size like Panik and/or Connolly.

But you are right, finding future spots for guys like Drouin, Kucherov and Namestnikov starts to get difficult. Have to imagine trades will need to occur.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Clearly the best game of the season so far.

That is, if considerations include a goal in the opening minute, nailing a perfect PK including a double minor, spectacular goaltending, 5-man defense, secondary scoring, your best players being your best players, another 3-point night from your captain, a bubble Dman getting his 1st NHL point, hanging five on a recent Cup champion, snapping right back with a 4th goal after giving up the one, shutting down Anje Kopitar to the point of hardly hearing the name all night, chasing one of the world's most elite goalies in the 2nd period, bouncing back after blowing the previous game, Purcell netting another GWG,...minor little stuff like that. Nitpickers gonna nitpick I guess, since no game is absolutely perfect for all 3600 seconds out of 3600, but I'll take a 5-1 victory over a top team on a 3-game winning streak any night of the week, thank you very much ← black & blue glasses

GO BOLTS
Agreed. You have to nit pick to find negatives after this one.

Unless it looked completely different on the tube than in person. Lower bowl seats (courtesy of a friend) can be misleading. But it certainly looked like their best 60 minutes of the year to date.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:15 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
I thought Bishop was robbed when he was only named the #3 star tonight. He saved their bacon a number of times early and he was their best penalty killer.

There were a number of times that LA completely controlled the game. But Bishop AND the entire team were able to make plays. Hard to believe that Bishop has less than 50 games on his resume. It's only been 4 games, but I haven't seen a Lightning goalie play like this since Rolly's playoff run.

To find a way to beat Chicago, hang with Pittsburgh and lay a 5-1 win on LA is keeping me excited about the future of this team. I keep wondering where the hell they find room for Drouin, Connolly, Kucherov and the rest of the kids that are a year or two away.
Listened to Espo on the way home. His 3 stars were #3 Hedman, #2 Marty and #1 Bishop as he concurred with you that Bishop was the best player on the ice.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:34 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
I thought Bishop was robbed when he was only named the #3 star tonight.
#1 star on Sun network, and reportedly Espo's too

I concur
--US Atty. Gen. Eric Holder revealing his thought-control regime aimed at citizens wishing to protect themselves from violent criminals, such as tyrannical government bureaucrats believing their function is to brainwash citizens into passive obedience, illustrating unwittingly yet with convincing precision the Founders' wisdom in crafting the 2nd Amendment
Old 10-15-2013, 11:41 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Well, here's one spot that I'm guessing will eventually open up this season -- there's no doubt in my mind they're showcasing Ryan Malone. Now if Bugsy can just stay healthy and productive, we could get a little something back, too. How thrilled would you be with a second- or even third-round pick? Of course it would really help make the transition go smoothly if we can develop a nice top-6 forward with some size like Panik and/or Connolly.

But you are right, finding future spots for guys like Drouin, Kucherov and Namestnikov starts to get difficult. Have to imagine trades will need to occur.
His limited NTC is still going to make that a difficult maneuver
Old 10-16-2013, 08:48 AM
Enrico Ciccone's Blimpie Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post

I hope this is true. Getting rid of Malone for something in return is my #1 priority this season. And we need to sell high before his stock drops. I really wonder how much better it makes him look playing with #91/#26. We got the personnel to replace, just really hoping for a nice draft pick in return to help out with the Lindback lottery. and correct me if im wrong, but didnt Yzerman already get his list? I remember reading something on this.

I guess I shouldnt get ahead of myself, team is playing well why change it up
Old 10-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

If Malone is healthy at the deadline and we are in the playoff hunt, I don't see how you move him. He's the kind of guy you want to have in the playoffs. Of course, if he isn't healthy you can't move him.

That's the conundrum... he's such a contributor when he's healthy. But you can only move him when he's healthy... maybe move him, that is, with the limited NTC narrowing down your trading partner list.

I've liked what Malone is bringing on the Stamkos - MSL line. No complaints. But he's healthy...

I'm guessing Yzerman isn't looking to trade him anytime soon. Maybe at the deadline if we are out of it. Maybe at the draft... Maybe our 2nd anmesty buyout this summer? Hard to know what they are thinking. You would think if Yzerman was looking to jettison his spotty injury record and reclaim his cap space, he would have bought him out this summer. The fact that he didn't to me implies he is in Yzerman's plans at least for this season.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Enrico Ciccone's Blimpie Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
If Malone is healthy at the deadline and we are in the playoff hunt, I don't see how you move him. He's the kind of guy you want to have in the playoffs. Of course, if he isn't healthy you can't move him.

I'm guessing Yzerman isn't looking to trade him anytime soon. Maybe at the deadline if we are out of it. Maybe at the draft... Maybe our 2nd anmesty buyout this summer? Hard to know what they are thinking. You would think if Yzerman was looking to jettison his spotty injury record and reclaim his cap space, he would have bought him out this summer. The fact that he didn't to me implies he is in Yzerman's plans at least for this season.
I am afraid you are right. It really doesnt make sense to do anything drastic, especially if we are in a playoff run.

way out of left field here...
I didn't get to go to any of the lightning preseason games or camp for that matter; but everyone touted Connolly very highly. Most even said that he would likely be down here by Thanksgiving; read a lot of articles from hockey reporters saying it was likely to see Connolly in a solidified position up here by the end of the year. I know 100% of it is speculation; but I don't see who they could move to make this happen. No one on the top 2 lines needs to be moved per say.