BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
It's not crazy at all. The Lightning are actually well positioned to become a fan darling. Right owner, exciting young players and coach, HOF GM bona fides, and one of the best travel destinations in the league. If the team wins we will need a pretty big bandwagon.
Especially if the Panthers move to Quebec, the Lightning will have those other 37 fans and the state of Florida all to themselves for hockey.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:07 PM
BP Staff

Actually, if Florida moves to Quebec City, Tampa has a captive audience as an NHL winter tourist destination for Ontario and Quebec. That'll strengthen the Lightning's position even more. I'm telling you, if they play their cards right, they're going to be selling a crap ton of Stamkos and Drouin jerseys north of the border in a few years.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Jay Feaster's Cheeto Encrusted Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Actually, if Florida moves to Quebec City, Tampa has a captive audience as an NHL winter tourist destination for Ontario and Quebec. That'll strengthen the Lightning's position even more. I'm telling you, if they play their cards right, they're going to be selling a crap ton of Stamkos and Drouin jerseys north of the border in a few years.
Up here in Boston, I used to see quite a few Lecavalier shirts when the Lightning were in town. Then nothing for a few years. Now an increasing number of Stamkos jerseys!

Speaking of the Lightning coming to town, pre-sale for single game tickets started today. I went to Ticketmaster and didn't see anything available for opening day for less than $150. Not looking likely that I will get to see the Bolts this season.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomeister View Post
Not looking likely that I will get to see the Bolts this season.
That's no fun, Lomeister, but since this is the NHL, you can always just pretend it's another lockout. Problem solved!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:41 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

I know in the past that for such dates as Valentine's Day members of the team delivered flowers.

I also remember that Vinny, as captain, would deliver one season ticket member their tickets. Am I wrong on this? Did the team let the cat out of the bag when Stamkos had that honor today as I have not heard any other player making a delivery.
Closed Thread