BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
No. He sent Kessel out to stop the fighting knowing that no sane goon would fight him. Scott was too dumb to understand the situation and just skate off for a line change after the puck was dropped.
I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there.

That was a stupid move by Carlyle, and he's lucky his player didn't pay for it.

Scott wasn't too dumb, he saw the opportunity and he took it. It's like blaming a lion for eating a baby hippo because his mom was dumb enough to leave it alone with the lion.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Give me a break. So the job of an enforcer is to go attack the other team's top player because one of your guys picked a fight and lost the shift before? If that is the case, I take back everything I have ever said about wanting fighting in hockey.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Captain Poke Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleFreadrich43 View Post
Actually, it's not. The bitch move was Carlyle's and then Kessel's.

What did Carlyle think Scott was out there for?

Carlyle SAW Scott out there, and chose to send Kessel out there anyway.

Scott will be on the ice for only ONE reason, especially after a Sabre gets beat/KO'd in a fight.

Scott did his job as an enforcer. Being an enforcer isn't always about fighting the other team's heavy, it's about making a statement to the other team, and Carlyle is lucky Kessel got away from what was coming.
I think both sides are wrong here. Kessel shouldn't have been sent out there since Scott isn't out there to be an actual hockey player and Scott should be trying to fight someone that does fight not a skill player. I doubt the Sabres or Scott would find it ok if he KO's someone and the next shift the other team tries to fight Vanek. It's gutless. The Sabre bit off more than he could chew..that's his fault not Kessel's. Scott should've fought the guy that KO'd his teammate if he wanted to settle the score. You can try to explain it all you want, I'm going to disagree with the tactic so you don't have to waste your time with a reply.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I think both sides are wrong here. Kessel shouldn't have been sent out there since Scott isn't out there to be an actual hockey player and Scott should be trying to fight someone that does fight not a skill player. I doubt the Sabres or Scott would find it ok if he KO's someone and the next shift the other team tries to fight Vanek. It's gutless. The Sabre bit off more than he could chew..that's his fault not Kessel's. Scott should've fought the guy that KO'd his teammate if he wanted to settle the score. You can try to explain it all you want, I'm going to disagree with the tactic so you don't have to waste your time with a reply.
I completely agree with this. Multiple parties at fault, and stupid by them all.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

My issue is that he targeted Kessel, and not the guy who beat up his teammate. If Gudas crushed someone and Stamkos got mugged, I'd be freaking pissed.

But Scott is paid to fight. Skating off the ice when nobody wants to dance, is a sure way to get cut. But don't go after the other teams top player, unless you want your best player, Miller, targeted.

Which leads to my next point. Go after Boston and Lucic for running Miller, not Toronto
Old 09-26-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
My issue is that he targeted Kessel, and not the guy who beat up his teammate. If Gudas crushed someone and Stamkos got mugged, I'd be freaking pissed.

But Scott is paid to fight. Skating off the ice when nobody wants to dance, is a sure way to get cut. But don't go after the other teams top player, unless you want your best player, Miller, targeted.

Which leads to my next point. Go after Boston and Lucic for running Miller, not Toronto
He targeted the guy Carlyle sent out there to line up against him, that wasn't HIS fault.

When you guys put the blame on the coach, then you'll be in the right place.

Carlyle had ZERO business putting Kessel out there against Scott, regardless of whatever was said earlier.

Scott was chirping at the Leafs bench, they KNEW why he was out there, dumbass Carlyle put's Kessel out there.

Scott and Kessel talk and KESSEL makes the first move toward Scott, NOT Scott making one toward Kessel.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

Devils trade F Barch to Panthers for F Timmins

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=432935
Old 09-28-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Devils trade F Barch to Panthers for F Timmins

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=432935
That will fill their tough guy role.

Barch had 3 good fights with up and coming Islanders tough guy Brett Gallant, and will replace Parros' vacant spot.

[YOUTUBE]v=gWW9jSCoAJ4[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]v=YhVsx39BCx8[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]v=KTPrQ0V58wA[/YOUTUBE]