BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 09-23-2013, 06:28 PM
Cooper's Law

I can understand the ranking. The stop gaps have been hit or miss and while the prospects are great, they're still only prospects. Some have shown they can hang in the NHL but they haven't experienced a full season.

If the prospects continue to pan out and hold their level of play, and improve, as well as Cooper showing he can continue his success level at the NHL level then our ranking will improve.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Rank

I agree Chase, and Pete I think is also right. We just do not know what to expect from this team, we really do not know what their weight class is at this point. We have a lot of unproven NHL talent, yet these kids played very well in the AHL so now we have to wait and see what pans out. We know what to expect from Stammer and Marty but the rest are a question mark, along with how well our D will play this year. Our goal tending is a question mark, even though Bishop was a successful goalie in the minors...it is one question mark after another. KF 43 is right to be worried about our physicality, who will protect our kids, I remember when VL was in his, I think second year,he scored a goal against the cryers and after he scored and the play was over some nimrod from the flyers body checked him, Vinny looked at the official who just shrugged his shoulders, next play, can't remember who, body checked the cryer player along the boards and knocked him off his feet...who is going to do that, sure Crombeen so who is quacking over him, or Bugsy, he would probably hurt himself. I think it will be December before we get a handle on this team. Further, I think they keep a kid with upside over a vet who is playing at about the same level as the kid. This should be a fun season, or at least a good season for the producers of our favorite alcoholic beverages.
Oh at least the Leafs are ranked well below us, towards the bottom.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:27 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Nothing to get worked up over...these off-season rankings always disrespect the Bolts, no matter who does them. Sometimes rightly, sometimes not. Who cares really, there's only a discussion about it because the season hasn't started yet, although we are kicking some serious clunes in preseason.

Remember, Fairy Smellrose still had Calgary winning the Cup during 2nd intermission of Game 7, when we were up 2-0. Even his gallon jar of Dippity-Do thought he'd lost his mind. Lew-hew-hew...za-HER!
Old 09-23-2013, 11:42 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
screw ESPN.
who cares about ESPN?
screw them all.
They don't understand hockey in the Tampa market
Let them all line up and take a long walk off a short pier for all I care.
I don't appreciate all that vitriol.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

Well The Hockey News has us 12th out of 16 teams in our division.

They also said that there is no need to play the games as the Blues have beaten the Pens in 6 games to win the cup according to EA Sports 2013-2014 NHL.

They also said that Crosby will get the Hart with 109 points (41 goals and 68 assists), Stamkos will have 64 goals to win the Rocket Richard Trophy and Drouin wins the Calder.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Cooper's Law

Do you disagree with their prediction?

On paper, I have us 6th in the "North East and the screw you Florida teams" division, ahead of Buffalo and Florida.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Do you disagree with their prediction?

On paper, I have us 6th in the "North East and the screw you Florida teams" division, ahead of Buffalo and Florida.
I think it is too early to tell. It all depends on our same old problems, the defense and the net.

I do not see us making the play-offs, but never does SY.