BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 09:55 PM
The Constrictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
According to LeBrun, Letang turns down an 8 year contract worth $56 million. Really?
The article says Letang countered with between 7.5-8 and Pittsburgh turned them down. If all this is true, Letang is nuts. Turns down a chance to play for the Cup for the next 8 years behind Crosby & Malkin over 500K-1M per season. Now, I realize that's still a lot of money, but for these guys, it's really not. And he's basically saying that winning doesn't matter to him, money does. Whatever, Kris Letang.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:56 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

What a mindblow. Until just now I liked Letang a lot more.

Seriously--7 million dollars a year wasn't quite enough,...had to go for an extra 500k. I won't lie and say that's a problem I wouldn't like to have, but...yeesh. Anything over at least $6,900,000 a year, personally I'd find some way to suffer with...maybe have to cut corners

This is the kind of crap that makes fans wish he'd end up in some godforsaken hellhole [in some other division], pining away for the days when springtime was the beginning of hockey instead of the end
Old 06-28-2013, 09:16 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Two things of note:

- Alfredsson will return for another year

and

- SM-Liiga's team Jokerit will play in the KHL after this upcoming season. Big news in that the Russians will now have the Finnish national team's arena and will have an option to buy part of the club.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:40 AM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
"The fact of the matter is we haven't ironed out or put into effect a Plan B. We have lots of options," Commissioner Bettman said. "I find it difficult to conceive of why if the council turns this down we would want to keep the team in Glendale any longer. We would then, if they turn it down, have to deal with possibilities and the options that will be available to us and they are numerous. There is enough time."

The possibility of the team moving to Seattle has been widely reported. Daly said the NHL would be able to have a team play in 51-year-old Key Arena next season.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

Come to Seattle!!!!! I can't imagine why the city or its citizens would want to pay NHL ownership 15 million dollars a year. I'm sure the city is cash strapped like most cities.
Quote:
Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn has acknowledged talking to Bettman about Seattle serving as a "Plan B" if no deal is struck. Two investors, Ray Bartoczek and Anthony Lanza, have met with McGinn and Seattle City Councilmembers and told them they’d like to buy the Coyotes and have them play at KeyArena temporarily. Seattle Councilmember Tim Burgess said he believed a conditional deal had already been worked out between the NHL hopefuls and the city.

NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told reporters Thursday afternoon that Seattle and KeyArena would be a suitable temporary venue.
http://www.king5.com/sports/NHL-Comm...213414601.html

Last edited by astro; 06-28-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Good luck

Good luck Astro! If Glendale punts it Seattle is on the clock!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:54 AM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

How is Pitt able to pay Crosby and Malkin all that dough and then turn around and offer Letang that outlandish sum and the Bolts can't afford to keep VL4?
Old 06-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Cap geek

I went to cap geek to check numbers because of your question jaxbolt,
Pens are 7.8 mil under the cap with 18 signed, which is why Letang will hit the market and may not be resigned by the Pens.
TBL is 9.1 under with 18 signed
Red wings are 10.6 under with 20'signed
Preds are 12.1 under with 19 signed
Rags are 14.1 under with 17 signed
St. Louis is 16.4 under with 19 signed
Sens are 22.0 under with 19 signed
Devils are 24.8 under with 16 signed

I think that the Rags, St.Louis and the Devils have a good chance, based on the figures of signing VL, with the Preds, Sens,Habs and Wings in play. Just a guess on my part from looking at the dollars already committed and the number of contracts already signed.

Last edited by aapbolt; 06-28-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaej View Post
The article says Letang countered with between 7.5-8 and Pittsburgh turned them down. If all this is true, Letang is nuts. Turns down a chance to play for the Cup for the next 8 years behind Crosby & Malkin over 500K-1M per season. Now, I realize that's still a lot of money, but for these guys, it's really not. And he's basically saying that winning doesn't matter to him, money does. Whatever, Kris Letang.
Wow. Letang's a head case, and a bit of a mess in his own end. Timothy's right - he may be gone on Sunday. $7million for 8 years? He may get more on the open market (look what Carle was signed for...), but he's in a really good spot in Pittsburgh.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Feaster trades a couple of ex-Lightning players for another ex-Bolt.

CAL gets F David Jones, D Shane O'Brien
COL gets F Alex Tanguay, D Cory Sarich

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426473
That is one goofy ass trade. Calgary manages to come off slightly worse, though.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:04 PM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

Think Vinny would look at signing with Vancouver with Torts there or Cal-Gary with Cheeto Jay at the helm?
Closed Thread