BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-28-2013, 08:10 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Pouliot tries to stickhandle around Markstrom's loooong legs twice.
Looks like somebody rolled up and smoked the memo about how except for the 5-hole, shooting on the ice vs. NHL goalies is a winning proposition almost 100% of the time--for the goalies. It doesn't even work any better for Vinny Lecavalier whenever he tries that exact same move, so noobs figure your own odds. We know that sexy little juke still works in practice on a microsmurf like Cedric Desjardins and in many an AHL rink, but in the NHL vs. a 6'6" pterodactyl, are you fricken daft? Repeat this slowly till it sinks in:

It's no different from regular life: IF YOU CAN'T GET IT UP, YOU AIN'T GONNA SCORE. (thankew thankew, try the mahi, I'll be here all summer till they start this charade over again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaej View Post
Never been won to directly hope for a loss, but a win tonight could be really problematic for our draft position if enough other pieces fall into place.
Yeah, I almost got nervous when they began the third period with a lead, and then Marty rang the goalpost in the final minute, but as usual...nothing to worry about

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSpin View Post
Die, season. DIE.
This. Times 1000.

Is it October yet?

Is it October yet?
Old 04-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbolt12 View Post
Sotnos was slower in reacting to this double thread than Garon on an unscreened cream puff wrist shot.

Buyout Sotnos
My contract is pretty hefty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
Is Monday ping pong day?
Just looked up broadcast info as I was wondering who was showing it:

The 2013 Scotiabank NHL Draft Lottery, a weighted system to determine the order of selection for the first 14 picks of the 2013 NHL Draft, will take place Monday, April 29, at 8 p.m., ET.
The special presentation also will air in the U.S. on NBC Sports Network and will re-air on NHL Network U.S. at 9 p.m., ET.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Any news update on Stamkos' leg injury? He says he may miss the WC's next month, Hedman is also ruling himself out of playing for Sweden.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Leg injury? All I saw in the paper was about his shoulder being sore but that he's going to play in the WC's anyway.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Knee

Stammer said his knee is sore, along with his shoulder and thus may want to give his body time to heal. I was at the game last night I think they missed Gudas, no real tough guy on the ice except nacho. I am really hoping we can swing one of the Kings RFA 's Dmen via a trade of say Malone, unless he injures himself in the offseason by sitting on the toilet. Our D really needs a good stay at home guy.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Leg injury? All I saw in the paper was about his shoulder being sore but that he's going to play in the WC's anyway.
He took a hit in the third last night that hurt his knee, reportedly.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:16 PM

Just a few questions

What's the real difference among the World Cup of Hockey, the World Championships, and the Olympics (aside from the 4-year interval)? How many "world champions" does this sport legitimately need? Which among them is considered by a majority to be the "real" world champion?

And isn't it hard to deny that the team which survives sport's most grueling physical and mental ordeal and wins the Stanley Cup is the de facto world's best hockey team anyway?
Old 04-28-2013, 04:44 PM

I think the World Cup of Hockey is dead for now. Anyway the difference with that one is it's organized by the NHL with NHL rules, not IIHF. The World Championships are a yearly thing, probably a much bigger deal in Europe than North America, but considering it doesn't have the best players in it I think most consider the Olympics champion to be the most impressive, as long as the NHL players continue to participate of course. People want to see who the best hockey nation is, club and country are different and therefore the Stanley Cup doesn't even factor into things. Now if the Stanley Cup champion were to play the Russian, Swedish, Finnish, etc. champions there would be a more definitive answer as to which club team is the best, and I'd be down for that.

Last edited by Hoek; 04-28-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:36 AM

Stamkos cleared to play in World Championships. He had an MRI on his knee to make sure according to the Trib.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:11 AM

Thanks for that Hoek